Lake County Falcons: Ready for prime time?

spellerone

We are certainly hoping that LCHS is ready for the stiffer competition that lies ahead.

I am Falcon fan for life through the good times and the bad and boy am I enjoying the good as much I suffered with the bad. Anything that I say here is not meant to criticize but to encourage and only improve on what the Falcons have done this year on their way to at some point to a return to the 1A championship game. We couldn't even dream of that just two years ago. These are my questions, I ask YOU to give me some answers:

1. How much emphasis is placed on our kicking game?

2. Is there a screen pass in our playbook?

3. Do you think a quick hitting 5 yard slant pass across the middle might free up some running room?

4. Do you think that as teams will be keying on Brandon more and more that being more versatile by going to our running backs might pay BIG dividends to Brandon and the running backs down the road? Reference Halls Game.

5. Do you think that it is time for the kicking game to become a priority at Lake County?

6. Isn't it time for a kicker whose sole focus can be kicking?

West Carroll 26 Lake County 25.......Still hurts...those are my questions. Does anyone have the answers?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are certainly hoping that LCHS is ready for the stiffer competition that lies ahead.

I am Falcon fan for life through the good times and the bad and boy am I enjoying the good as much I  suffered with the bad.  Anything that I say here is not meant to criticize but to encourage and only improve on what the Falcons have done this year on their way to at some point to a return to the 1A championship game. We couldn't even dream of that just two years ago.  These are my questions,  I ask YOU to give me some answers:

1.  How much emphasis is placed on our kicking game?

2.  Is there a screen pass in our playbook?

3. Do you think a quick hitting 5 yard slant pass across the middle might free up some running room?

4. Do you think that as teams will be keying on Brandon more and more that being more versatile by going to our running backs might pay BIG dividends to Brandon and the running backs down the road? Reference Halls Game.

5. Do you think that it is time for the kicking game to become a priority at Lake County?

6. Isn't it time for a kicker whose sole focus can be kicking?

West Carroll  26    Lake County  25.......Still hurts...those are my questions.  Does anyone have the answers?

825403840[/snapback]

Lake Co. will play either Fayette Academy or Perry Co., depending on who wins that matchup. Both of those teams beat Trinity, which in turn beat LC at the first of the season. I sure hope you learn how to pass before you get to the playoffs, because you won't survive unless you do.

#2 is a good question, but the question is how many passing plays are there in your playbook?

Lake Co. will play either Fayette Academy or Perry Co., depending on who wins that matchup.  Both of those teams beat Trinity, which in turn beat LC at the first of the season.  I sure hope you learn how to pass before you get to the playoffs, because you won't survive unless you do.

#2 is a good question, but the question is how many passing plays are there in your playbook?

825403869[/snapback]

Uh, How about 5 for 5 passing last week and two TDs. Trinity was a long time ago and we have come a long way. How far? If I knew that I wouldn't have questions.

I agree about passing more but Springer did rush for 181 yards against Halls and was 5-5 passing for 161 yards.As far as Fayette and Perry Co both defeating Trinity,everyone knows you can't judge by that..Also Lake Co.had 3 starters out of the Trinity game and their running back ,Damio Yancey,had about 60 yards in the first quarter but went down with what was thought to be a season ending knee injury at the start of the second quarter..Lake Co.lost that game by the kick-off team fumbling the ball 4 times..Even with that,Lake Co was only trailing 15-7 with 4 minutes to go in the game and was on the 7 yard line with a potential chance to tie the game with a touchdown an 2 point conversion..The officials called Lake Co for lining up offsides and then on 4th and 4 on the 5 yard line missed a 1st down by a couple inches..But,if you wanted to compare scores,Fayette Co beat Halls 22-2 and Lake Co.beat Halls 35-8 with Halls scoring against the subs with 45 seconds to go in the game...I also believe Chester Co. beat Fayette 21-0..The same Chester Co team that was beaten soundly by Bruceton,about 36-19 or something close to that..Orey Willis had 380 yards against Chester Co..Lake Co beat Bruceton 7-0 but was inside Bruceton's 10 yard line 5 times..So yes,maybe they do need a kicker..Bruseton only crossed midfield one time and was held to 3 first downs..Bruceton only had 59 total yards and 40 of those came on a swing pass..Orey Willis was held to 30 yards ...As far as Perry Co,I believe they were thrashed by West Carrol about 38-0..So as far as comparing scores,you just can't do that..I will say this,I really believe whether we play Perry Co or Fayette Co.,we will be in for a tough game..I 'm hoping Perry Co wins,because their coach ,Rick Rice,use to coach at Lake Co and was very popular..

ok lake county is very much improved team. and brandon springer is a very good qb. he lis like a high school mike vick. have u seen this kid play? when we played (west carroll) that kid came through the heart of our defensive line. he is a play maker. i will give it to their defense to. they have played tough this year. i will give them thier props. good job falcons. thumb

I am sick of hearing about who was out against Trinity. No team I mean no team has had more injuries the last four years than Trinity and we have not once complained. Thats the game. We have not even come close to playing up to our potential this year because we are so young. We have started 5 freshman, 2 sopomore, 1 junior and 3 seniors on offense this year. We have had a total of 9 freshman that have started on the offense at some point this year. Quit making excuses and play ball. In the end it all sorts itself out. We are better now as well. I am sick of hearing about how long ago the Lake game was. You dont hear us making excuses about the seven turnovers we had against Perry or the crap call for unsportsmanlike on Fayette Academy's one yard line on fourth down, after our guy had his helmet ripped off his head by the DT from Fayette. The ref said our guy took his helmet off and yelled at the other team and that is why he got the penalty. Look at the film, his helmet was ripped off his head. THen there was the crap call on the pass interfence call on 3rd and 22 from Fayette's own 15. No way!!! Best job of breaking on the football I have seen all year. Then there is our holder breaking his hand during the game and we get a kicked blocked and cant try a field goal to win the game. LOST 14-13. Its part of the game!!! We should have been prepared to have another holder. I am just sick of the crap that some of you guys put on here about why this happens or why that happens. Excuses! Its all part of the game.

I am sick of hearing about who was out against Trinity.  No team I mean no team has had more injuries the last four years than Trinity and we have not once complained.  Thats the game.  We have not even come close to playing up to our potential this year because we are so young.  We have started 5 freshman, 2 sopomore, 1 junior and 3 seniors on offense this year.  We have had a total of 9 freshman that have started on the offense at some point this year.  Quit making excuses and play ball.  In the end it all sorts itself out.  We are better now as well.  I am sick of hearing about how long ago the Lake game was.  You dont hear us making excuses about the seven turnovers we had against Perry or the crap call for unsportsmanlike on Fayette Academy's one yard line on fourth down, after our guy had his helmet ripped off his head by the DT from Fayette.  The ref said our guy took his helmet off and yelled at the other team and that is why he got the penalty.  Look at the film, his helmet was ripped off his head.  THen there was the crap call on the pass interfence call on 3rd and 22 from Fayette's own 15.  No way!!! Best job of breaking on the football I have seen all year.  Then there is our holder breaking his hand during the game and we get a kicked blocked and cant try a field goal to win the game.  LOST 14-13.  Its part of the game!!!  We should have been prepared to have another holder.  I am just sick of the crap that some of you guys put on here about why this happens or why that happens.  Excuses!  Its all part of the game.

825404334[/snapback]

I love it how someone says they aren't making excuses and then they make excuses.

Everyone knows that if TCA and LC played again today the Falcons would win by 30-40 points.

So TCA was young this season that means you didn't buy enough upper classmen when recruiting.

Edited by iamasportsstar

I agree about passing more but Springer did rush for 181 yards against Halls and was 5-5 passing for 161 yards.As far as Fayette and Perry Co both defeating Trinity,everyone knows you can't judge by that..Also Lake Co.had 3 starters out of the Trinity game and their running back ,Damio Yancey,had about 60 yards in the first quarter but went down with what was thought to be a season ending knee injury at the start of the second quarter..Lake Co.lost that game by the kick-off team fumbling the ball 4 times..Even with that,Lake Co was only trailing 15-7 with 4 minutes to go in the game and was on the 7 yard line with a potential chance to tie the game with a touchdown an 2 point conversion..The officials called Lake Co for lining up offsides and then on 4th and 4 on the 5 yard line missed a 1st down by a couple inches..But,if you wanted to compare scores,Fayette Co beat Halls 22-2 and Lake Co.beat Halls 35-8 with Halls scoring against the subs with 45 seconds to go in the game...I also believe Chester Co. beat Fayette 21-0..The same Chester Co team that was beaten soundly by Bruceton,about 36-19 or something close to that..Orey Willis had 380 yards against Chester Co..Lake Co beat Bruceton 7-0 but was inside Bruceton's 10 yard line 5 times..So yes,maybe they do need a kicker..Bruseton only crossed midfield one time and was held to 3 first downs..Bruceton only had 59 total yards and 40 of those came on a swing pass..Orey Willis was held to 30 yards ...As far as Perry Co,I believe they were thrashed by West Carrol about 38-0..So as far as comparing scores,you just can't do that..I will say this,I really believe whether we play Perry Co or Fayette Co.,we will be in for a tough game..I 'm hoping Perry Co wins,because their coach ,Rick Rice,use to coach at Lake Co and was very popular..

825403965[/snapback]

It is true that Springer ended up with 181 yards but I believe that going to the other running backs loosened up the defense for his running. I will admit however that i can't verify if he gained most of his yards before or after spreading the ball around. I agree that either Perry County or Fayette Academy will be a tough game. The only preference I have for that game is a win for Lake county. I think everybody here liked Rice and I believed if he had stayed we would not have had the lean years that we had.

I am sick of hearing about who was out against Trinity.  No team I mean no team has had more injuries the last four years than Trinity and we have not once complained.  Thats the game.  We have not even come close to playing up to our potential this year because we are so young.  We have started 5 freshman, 2 sopomore, 1 junior and 3 seniors on offense this year.  We have had a total of 9 freshman that have started on the offense at some point this year.  Quit making excuses and play ball.  In the end it all sorts itself out.  We are better now as well.  I am sick of hearing about how long ago the Lake game was.  You dont hear us making excuses about the seven turnovers we had against Perry or the crap call for unsportsmanlike on Fayette Academy's one yard line on fourth down, after our guy had his helmet ripped off his head by the DT from Fayette.  The ref said our guy took his helmet off and yelled at the other team and that is why he got the penalty.  Look at the film, his helmet was ripped off his head.  THen there was the crap call on the pass interfence call on 3rd and 22 from Fayette's own 15.  No way!!! Best job of breaking on the football I have seen all year.  Then there is our holder breaking his hand during the game and we get a kicked blocked and cant try a field goal to win the game.  LOST 14-13.  Its part of the game!!!  We should have been prepared to have another holder.  I am just sick of the crap that some of you guys put on here about why this happens or why that happens.  Excuses!  Its all part of the game.

825404334[/snapback]

Well it looks like you have gone on record and given some reasons, I won't say excuses, as to why Trinity has lost some games. And you are absolutely right we shouldn't make excuses. Trinity was the better team that night. The best team won that night. I can't say that Trinity is the best team right now. The reason I say that that game was a long time ago is because I believe Lake county has improved greatly since that game. I am not trying to take anything away from Trinity's win. We also have a young team with only three seniors. And our leading tackler from last year has not played all year because of a broken arm. Not making excuses but these are sometimes the reasons you lose games. I could say a thing or two about refs but I ain't going there.

What makes u think that Trinity recruits. A school in a decent size city that only has 130 people in the entire high school does not recruit by any means. I think that u are just upset because you got beat by a team that is much younger than you. If trinity recruited y do u think that it took nearly 10 years for them to get their first winning season. quit talking trash on the internet and talk with you pads on the field.

Lake Co. u have improved a lot since week 0 but just admit that u got out played just like spellerone said. The best teams don't say anything at all and just git-r-done on friday night. By the way I gurantee if you played trinity again it would not be a 30-40 point difference and there is no way that Springer would throw for many yards at all against them.