McKenzie vs Huntingdon

tamirrt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick history lesson here...  It takes years to have a program that is worthy of having greatness reaped upon.  I'm not talking about Huntingdon either.  In the past 40 years Camden has beaten Huntingdon 8 times.  That makes a very poor winning percentage against the Mustangs I would say.  I wouldn't start thumping my chest just yet.  We're proud that Camden has turned their program around but to say a program can turn anytime is absurb.  I'm sure the Mustangs will have a down year sometime but don't count them out for it and say their program is going down the tubes.  Oh yeah, Huntingdon has been playing football before the turn of the century but we only have been keeping records since 1930.  We had plenty of games before MM came as you would like to say and we'll be playing here long after he is gone.  Whenever that may be..  One other thing....  I don't remember Camden having a following as you say in the years past.  Heck, Bruceton brings more fans to Huntingdon than Camden has in the past.  Good luck to the Lions the rest of the year but remember we're talking about H'don and McKenzie on this post anyway, right?  Remember... One season of winning does not make a great program.  Yes, all are entitled to dream..  Go Mustangs! :lol:

825406471[/snapback]

Since I started this board I would say I'm aware of the topic but thanks for the reminder :ph34r: ...I didn't start anything about camden...a fellow mustang fan did thank you very much...I was only responding to his comment...when talking about how a program can turn I was speaking about the way Camden's has made a big turn for the better but we as Camden fans know that that can change anytime back the other direction ie the 40-8 huntingdon/camden win loss record...no chest thumping done here...I'll let the real chest thumping experts (guess who) handle that...as far as MM goes believe me we in Camden had him first and we know his value to you so you can preach but the choir's not listening.....no one says we think we're the next best thing going...but we do think we've earned the right to brag just a little....we're proud of our boys just as you are of yours....Remember 1 championship does not a perennial champion make...I started this board because I wondered what everyone thought of this game because as you well know we may very well be seeing one of ya'll in the third round...I guess we'll just let the speaking be done on the field were it belongs....Good luck to both teams and I hope you both come out injury free and we'll be ready for whomever we see in the third round....next time when accusing some one of chest thumping make sure its not a case of the pot calling the kettle black. thumb

A quick history lesson here...  It takes years to have a program that is worthy of having greatness reaped upon.  I'm not talking about Huntingdon either.  In the past 40 years Camden has beaten Huntingdon 8 times.  That makes a very poor winning percentage against the Mustangs I would say.  I wouldn't start thumping my chest just yet.  We're proud that Camden has turned their program around but to say a program can turn anytime is absurb.  I'm sure the Mustangs will have a down year sometime but don't count them out for it and say their program is going down the tubes.  Oh yeah, Huntingdon has been playing football before the turn of the century but we only have been keeping records since 1930.  We had plenty of games before MM came as you would like to say and we'll be playing here long after he is gone.  Whenever that may be..  One other thing....  I don't remember Camden having a following as you say in the years past.  Heck, Bruceton brings more fans to Huntingdon than Camden has in the past.  Good luck to the Lions the rest of the year but remember we're talking about H'don and McKenzie on this post anyway, right?  Remember... One season of winning does not make a great program.  Yes, all are entitled to dream..  Go Mustangs! :ph34r:

825406471[/snapback]

Your Mustaingsixtynine started the Camden talk, and thanks for the history lesson. I always like to sit back and hear how great Huntingdon is. You need to work on your crime rate over there a little, and make it a better place to live to go along with your great football program.

Edited by @38320

Your Mustaingsixtynine started the Camden talk, and thanks for the history lesson. I always like to sit back and hear how great Huntingdon is. You need to work on your crime rate over there a little, and make it a better place to live to go along with your great football program.

825406521[/snapback]

That's exactly what belongs on a sport's web site isn't it?

That's exactly what belongs on a sport's web site isn't it?

825406534[/snapback]

Probably not the classiest response agreed...but I completely understand 38320's frustration...it seems thats it ok for some (and notice I didn't say ALL) of H-don's fans to get on here and proclaim that their team is the next best thing to sliced bread...but whenever someone from another team shows pride in their team its suddenly chest thumping. Its hard not to sink to their level...

OK I AM CHEST THUMPING NOW! PAY ATTENTION

GO LIONS! GO LIONS! I think you are #1

ok I'm done now....BTW good luck to Mckenzie tonite....we'll miss ya in 2a...we've had some great games and we hope to see ya in the playoffs!!

I agree that there are always a few bad apples in the basket but that doesn't make us all rotten. I apologize for the few bad seed's we do have to tolerate but please don't let that lead you to believe that the majority of our actual player's have the same attitude-they don't.When I asked one of our key starting player's how he thought the game would come out tonight he stated that you never know from one game to the next how it will be played out-anything could happen, he just hoped they won- but you never know.

Not all our players are cocky, they have been humbled and it has been an ongoing learning experience. Some of these people who post on these sites put far too much pressure on them. The objective is to win-always (who doesn't want that), but in the same token, I want my loved one to just have a good time too. Life is too short. It seems the boy's have more maturity than some of these adult poster's.

But in turn, I do see where you are coming from. Sorry from a HHS fan who doesn't get into much chest thumping!!!!!

825406521[/snapback]

No, I was only responding to the comment that started this thread "why no talk from the Huntingdon fans this week they are usually on here proclaiming their greatness." I just find it hilarious that somebody would gig Huntingdon people for being proud of their team, when they are already talking about dominating next year if they go across the river. So you tell me who has reason to be cocky a team that has won the region every year but one since 6-2A has been put in it's present form, along with winning the state last year, or a team that is region runner up, and finally gets a home playoff game for the first time in their history? Camden folks talking about another county? The only thing your known for is toe-digging and sorgum. :lol:

tamirrt,

Thanks for the well wishes for tonight. Also, McKenzie will miss region 6

AA next season and it's good to feel that some of our long time opponents will miss us. Most likely we'll be back in AA in the not too distant future but, who knows. The McKenzie/Camden rivalry goes back MANY years and has always been an enjoyable game. We have played Camden (since 1940) 38 times and McKenzie leads the series with 19 wins--18 losses and 1 tie!!!!!!!!!! That is including this seasons game. That's about as even as two teams can get! It's been fun.

Camden fans have a right to be proud of their team this year and I wish ya'll the best (unless we have to play again of course!) Many teams in this area haven't measured up to the hopes or expectations of their fans and that has kept the talk on here to a low key I guess. But, Camden isn't one of those teams.