Elizabethton at Cherokee - Play-off Time!

GLee

Well stick, for him been it player of the conf. that only says your conf. has no real talent. I have seen tape on cherokee and in person against TN high. I hope you beat Elizabethton and the next team so TN high can destory your team again and this time the 1st string will play the whole game. Want to see real talent come and see DB this week but without the best receiver who does run across the middle and scores. Does the state title game come through Rogersville now?

Well with an easy schedule it makes that 8-2 look good but everyone out of your conf plays decent teams but Cherokee. Cocke co played Jeff Co., West played Maryville, Jeff Co., Cleveland, Greeneville played Anderson Co., Knox Central, East played Campbell co. and good ol' Mikey Sivert went all out with West greene and Cloudland along with South Greene. If Cherokee plays Jeff co, Maryville, Campbell Co., Knox Central there record would not look as shine as gold.

I bet you a big brother who is trying to look big and bad but your little brother knows I am right!

I bet that Qb's arm is filled with "Highly Enriched Uranium". He could put that football through the gap in your front teeth.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, Good deal for you QB winning the Player of the Year in the IMAC. He had around 1400 yds. passing, so he must have some good recievers. Our QB had 1500 yards and is also surrounded by a good group of recievers. Cherokee's ground game may be a bit stronger than Betsy's but I think the Cylcone defense will offset that advantage. What I'm getting around to is that this will be a "premier" 1st round play-off match-up. Elizabethton's schedule was a bit stronger than Cherokees'. It all makes for a very interesting contest. I'm a Cylcone and getting anxious to see these two teams hook up. After taking a drubbing at home from Cherokee last year, it adds a little bit of gas on the fire for the Cyclones, but that was last year. See you there and good luck to your guys.

Think Cherokee has played 3 teams with above .500 wins. Also 3 teams with only one win each. Betsy has played 5 with .500 or better and the worse team on the schedule had won 3 games. It's like you said though, it's all on the field Friday between two pretty evenly matched teams. Different, but well matched. Just my little opionion.

Disclaimer: facts and figures may not be correct. Please feel free to correct me.

I think that Elizabethton can pull this one out. Both teams are much improved since I saw them play against THS, but so is everyone else (for the most part). From what I saw in week 1 and 2, Elizabethton has a better team. Again, just another opinion, but other than the Vikings, Elizabethton is the only other team from region 1 that will make it to the second round. South hasn't been the same since their trip to the castle, and I don't think that East will be either.

I agree with most of what you say Viking, but I believe South will re-group behind Coach Carter. I think Greeneville will have their A game vs. East and will end East's season prematurely. I also think the Cylcones will pull their game out vs. Cherokee due to defensive pressure on their QB and being able to contain their power running game, which Betsy has shown the ability to do all year. Plug it up between the tackles and keep blockers off of the middle LBs. Vikings will roll.

Well, Mr. Bean, I see that you must not know much about NE Tenn football if you are saying that the Mountain Lakes Conference is week. If this is so, then good ole Region 1 should pull a sweep on Friday, but both you and I know that Cherokee's conference might just win 3 of the 4 games and dominate Region 1 for the first time in a long time. As for coming to DB and watching their recently parolled wide receiver... I think I will pass. Anyways coming to watch DB has nothing to do with Cherokee, if you haven't checked lately the two aren't even in the same classification. If you are so football savvy like you think you are then you should know that High School FB schedules are on a 2 year system, so good 'ole Mikey Sivert didn't have much of a choice on this years non-conference schedule. These teams were designed for last years team which was much weaker. So your argument there isn't working either. I like the little brother comment as well as the gap toothed one as well. You must be a fan to know so much. That's a compliment to everyone in Rogersville. Thanks Mr. Bean!

hey stick, you say you would rather go watch cherokee and the ol ball coach than the #1 team in 5A DB!?!? Well for respect I have none for Cherokee because they play little worthless teams. What about scheduling decent teams next year, sorry next year will be a down year or as you would say rebuilding.

GLee, you want to see a massacre and slaughter go on then go to a butchers' shop. I would say that Coach Clark would not play Cherokee because it doesn't do nothing but show how dominate a big school is over a smaller school like Cherokee against West Greene and Cloudland.

my predictions are

TN high shut-out West

Sullivan East passes past G-ville

South pulls out a win over M-East

Spoke with some of the Cyclones today and they were very confident. In each game I have asked them about, the ones they were sure about they won.. So I pretty sure they'll be ready for Cherokee and will win the game. Would like to see one more game at home this year for Betsy, so I pulling for Greenville to win.

Edited by DekeRivers

GLee, it will be a very good game. My little brother who plays for Cher. has talked to his good friend from Betsy, Levi Hooten. The both agree that it will be a very close game and they think that it will be low scoring. I feel the same. You? By the way Mr. Bean... you say you don't have any respect for Cher., well I don't have much for DB and Coach Clark and the entire program who lets the so-called best wideout in East Tn come back on the team after his 'little' run-ins with the law. Nice program you guys are running up there.

Yeah stick, it is a nice program, are you jealous? i mean you school never makes state tourn or get out of your region for that part. I mean football never makes it past the 2nd round and your basketball team never do anything but make hawkins county look bad. your basketball coach is horrible along with all the players. we will is in basketball this year. YOu know nothing but anything you hear from DB.

I heard your team has a receiver who could go D-II but can't even spell his name.

Who is a big star athlete from Cherokee? only one i know is ETSU Lawson.

When did you play? or did you?