Smith County Region 4-3A Champions !

imallin

Hey If you believe that it was a monster effort from your team good for you. I would harp on my defense as well if my team couldn't even get 100 total yards on offense. You guys did play a good defensive game but there were several factors to go along with that. Good defensive effort or not you guys were one missed tackle away from going to Walker Valley next week because your offense couldn't do anything. Your only scoring drive you guys started on what their 35? Other than that you guys couldn't even cross midfield. Portland got into your territory several times but just couldn't put up points.

825408112[/snapback]

Nah...actually the scoring drive started at the 48 with about 2 minutes left in the half. We had a longer drive in the previous one the ended with a failed 4th try from the one. We had 160 yards (Tennessean). We had a probable touchdown pass dropped as did Portland (overthrown). In a 6-0 game...you can always look back at near misses.

Ah...we're just small but we are slow. Our guys win ugly. If you weren't impressed...that's fine with us. Our little guys don't play for you. If we both were to make it (and that's a big if) to the 3rd round...just don't expect our little guys to give you a game. We would probably forfeit if the tssaa would let us. Nah...I guess they need the money to pay the refs. :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, streetcity, We moved it much better against your team actually. We were the ones that got the unfavorable call and couldn't punch it in. I guess your last 6 games have been really impressive in themselves. I've heard said that Trousdale is the team to beat come next week, but not so fast my friend. 5 of your last 6 have been against teams that a few of us coachTers could scrape up some players, draw some plays in the dirt and win. The only real quality win you have had all year was against us and ya'll played well that night. Anyway good luck to ya. Maybe we will see later. Go Owls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Portland scoreless..............I'll take that kind of effort and call it GREAT ! remember you gave up 34 against that same squad.

Ah...they didn't get any more bad calls than we did.  I looked for you.  I figured you weren't there.  You did miss a great game.  Your buddy and his cohorts did a very good job tonight.  It was a slobber knocker.

825407370[/snapback]

your right about the calls....it just seemed like they got more tough calls in crunch time....congrats owls...hopfully see ya rd3

Well.. where do I begin.  I think first I'll start with phsfan2003.. either change your screen name, stop posting on this board, or support your team.  You are making  yourself look like an idiot and your starting to tick me off. 

Next, I hate losing... more than the average person.. but what is worse is when you lose in an unfair situation.  That was the worst officitating crew I have ever seen in my entire life and I know your not going to say that if you are from SC but you know it is the truth.  Go ahead and say we're whining or crying or whatever the crap you want... I don't care... we lost in an unfair match tonight and the outcome WOULD have been different with differnt officals... end of story.

Finally, bigreid... I'm glad I'm not the coach from Ptown because I would have done a lot worse.  I would have taken that ref. out.  In reality, I think he did show a lot of class because he handled himself a lot better than a lot of coaches that just had a game stolen from them would have.  I think he did what he did to stand up for his boys and show them that he was proud of the way they played and he was sorry that the refs thought they would determine the outcome of this game... basically taking it right out of portland's hands.

I know there are people from portland that act without class but believe me I saw a lot from SC  fans tonight that made me lose a lot of respect for that program.  I don't think they deserve to be region champs... revenge is sweet... it is hard to beat a team twice... we'll see ya in fourteen days and maybe just maybe we'll get a fair chance at beating SC.

825407521[/snapback]

Hey, streetcity, We moved it much better against your team actually. We were the ones that got the unfavorable call and couldn't punch it in. I guess your last 6 games have been really impressive in themselves. I've heard said that Trousdale is the team to beat come next week, but not so fast my friend. 5 of your last 6 have been against teams that a few of us coachTers could scrape up some players, draw some plays in the dirt and win. The only real quality win you have had all year was against us and ya'll played well that night. Anyway good luck to ya. Maybe we will see later. Go Owls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Portland scoreless..............I'll take that kind of effort and call it GREAT ! remember you gave up 34 against that same squad.

825408349[/snapback]

If you will try and think back, you will remember all of the whining that came from the Smith faithful about the officiating in that game. (You just brought it up yourself) When you lose, some teams tend to do that. Don't be offended by Portlands crying. They lost, it is their right. Grown men cry worse than the players. Enjoy your 'championship' for a day or two and then forget it because it means nothing now. Everyone from this region needs to take a breath and take the rest of the season one game at a time. ANY of the remaining games could go either way. Good luck to everyone, quit crying and support your teams!!

If you will try and think back, you will remember all of the whining that came from the Smith faithful about the officiating in that game. (You just brought it up yourself) When you lose, some teams tend to do that. Don't be offended by Portlands crying. They lost, it is their right. Grown men cry worse than the players. Enjoy your 'championship' for a day or two and then forget it because it means nothing now. Everyone from this region needs to take a breath and take the rest of the season one game at a time. ANY of the remaining games could go either way. Good luck to everyone, quit crying and support your teams!!

825411006[/snapback]

What game are you talking about? The only bad call I remember in that game was the touchdown that the ref said our receiver bobbled it. I had a clear look at that one. He didn't bobble it at all. He did lose the ball after he hit the ground. I don't remember much being said about it. It's a moot point now. TC made the plays to win in that game. That's what I said then too.

As far as the region championship...it means nothing to the ones that didn't win it. It does mean a lot because the winner this year has possible homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. That is huge.

825411006[/snapback]

;) ...we never whine...

I don't remember SC fans ever saying that TC didn't deserve to win that game. They played a great, inspired football game. I think we did get a TD taken away, but it definatley wasn't the difference. I told some LA fans at their Ptown game that these teams are even and any of them can win. That's why I've loved this region. Most of the teams are good sportsman and hard nosed and that makes for some good football. Go Owls.

I think some of you folks have missed a very important point concerning the Smith Co./Portland game. Yes, there were bad calls both ways, but does anybody want to give credit to those boys on the field who played their hearts out for 4 quarters of hard fought, smashmouth high school football? The game is over and done and we all move on to the playoffs. I just think the players deserve a little more credit than they are being given. I was at that game and am not from Smith or Portland. I congratulate each one who played on the tremendous effort given on both teams. All the excuses and complaints can't change anything, but the continued support of the players could go a long way.

I think some of you folks have missed a very important point concerning the Smith Co./Portland game.  Yes, there were bad calls both ways, but does anybody want to give credit to those boys on the field who played their hearts out for 4 quarters of hard fought, smashmouth high school football?  The game is over and done and we all move on to the playoffs.  I just think the players deserve a little more credit than they are being given.  I was at that game and am not from Smith or Portland.  I congratulate each one who played on the tremendous effort given on both teams.  All the excuses and complaints can't change anything, but the continued support of the players could go a long way.

825411156[/snapback]

I agree with you! There is so many reply's I would like to add to so many people on here, but the game is over, SC is region champs (which means only they were the best team through the regular season and nothing in playoffs), and it is time for everyone on here to look forward. I know I am tired of arguing with these portland supporters. Good luck in playoffs owls!