• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview

Camden

Cheatham Co.

Huntingdon

Fairview will blow adamsville away. Camden will be looking for revenge against lewis county and will win by 3 TDs. Camden will be hype in the playoffs. Unless Mckenzie can come up with some kind of plan, i just don't mckenzie getting past cheatham county. Cheatham will win by 3 TDs or more. Huntingdon will not have a problem beating Loretto. Everyone's 0-0 now. season records don't matter now. It's all about who wants it more and who's got heart. good luck to all teams in the playoffs.

1st Round Playoffs Match-ups

Adamsville at Fairview

Lewis Co. at Camden

McKenzie at Cheatham Co.

Loretto at Huntingdon

Who do you think will win each match-up and why?

825407479[/snapback]

The #1's will win easily in each game.  The 2 games involving the 2 and 3 seeds should be good matchups.  Camden and Lewis Co. should come down to who can run the ball more efficiently.  I haven't seen Lewis so I don't know if they have improved their passing game or not, but if they can't back Camden off the line of scrimmage they will have trouble moving the ball.  Camden should win.

Cheatham and McKenzie is anothe interesting matchup.  McKenzie will be stubborn adn try to throw 40 times and will have some success.  The key to beating them is getting pressure on Hayes and keeping the receivers from getting behind the DB's and avoiding the big plays.  Sounds like CC has a good running game and Mckenzie has not been able to stop good running teams all year.  Cheatham should win. 

Sets up a couple of great matchups in ROund 2.  Camden at Fairview will be a dogfight.  Camden is good and obviously, Fairview is too.  Don't know enough about them to make a call.

Cheatham will give Huntingdon fits because they can run the football.  A power game has been Huntingdon's achilles heel all year.  If you run right at us, we have some problems.  However, Cheatham also has to stop Huntingdon and the only team to do that so far this season is Huntingdon themselves.  If they stay away from turnovers (a big if) they are tough to beat.

if huntingdon makes it past the 1st round, yes cheatham will cause huntingdon a lot of trouble. huntingdon has had a lot of trouble this season defensively. if huntingdon can patch things up on defense, it'll be a heck of a ballgame between the 2 teams.

825407525[/snapback]

1st you say Huntingdon will have no problem with Loretto and then you say "If Huntingdon makes it past the 1st round". Which way is it?

It wont be a sweep for region 6. Was it a sweep for Region 6 last year. No i think the 2 teams that it came down to in week 3 of playoffs was between a R5 and a R6 team.. Region 6 wont have it easy this year. But neither will Region 5. I think the 1st three weeks of playoffs games between these regions will be smack mouth football. Im ready to see what Fairview can do against other powerhouse teams.. they proved they can play this year winning the Region 5 championship last night. IT was a well played game between 2 really outstanding teams. 2 great running backs head to head. It all depended on how the defense of both teams played. Fairviews defense made 3 really big plays. 1st one was an 84 yard fumble return by fairvies DE. Second one was a stop on 4th down to turn the ball over with 3 min left in the 4th . and second was the last play cheatham had when Langley threw the ball up only to be intercepted for the 1st time this season by the safety. It was a good game for both offenses. So region 6 be ready to play the hardest football games youve had to play all year. Goodluck to both regions though for making it this far already and congrats to Fairview and Huntingdon for winning their Region Championships.

1st you say Huntingdon will have no problem with Loretto and then you say "If Huntingdon makes it past the 1st round".  Which way is it?

825407546[/snapback]

i was looking back in the regular season and remembering that huntingdon has had trouble on the defensive side of the ball. i meant to delete the 1st message i posted when i said that huntingdon will have no problem defeating loretto. sorry bout that.

Edited by westTN2004

Guest catfish-hunter

Adamsville @ Fairview: Bobby Martin will run for as many as he wants and Cole Cassidy will lead the way defensively. Fairview in a rout!!!

McKenzie @ Cheatham: The Cubs play at home in the postseason for the first time ever, so they'll be pumped. Hayes & Cook will put on a show for the Rebels but in the end I look for Cheatham to get the victory behind the running of Landon Jones.

Loretto @ Huntingdon: The battle of the Mustangs does not appear to be much of a battle on paper, but I think that it will be. Loretto must limit the big plays by Donald and Boo Weathers on defense. Huntingdon is not a great tackling team this year and Eli Fisher could exploit that if it is a close game in the 4th quarter. My money is on Huntingdon, but don't be suprised if Loretto beats them.

Lewis County @ Camden: Two of the better young backs in the state will be on display in this one. Chris Hatton and Josh Boyd will both be the keys to this game for their teams. Lewis County is a better team defensively and that is why I look for them to oust the 9-1 Lions in round one.

Adamsville @ Fairview:  Bobby Martin will run for as many as he wants and Cole Cassidy will lead the way defensively.  Fairview in a rout!!!

McKenzie @ Cheatham:  The Cubs play at home in the postseason for the first time ever, so they'll be pumped.  Hayes & Cook will put on a show for the Rebels but in the end I look for Cheatham to get the victory behind the running of Landon Jones. 

Loretto @ Huntingdon:  The battle of the Mustangs does not appear to be much of a battle on paper, but I think that it will be.  Loretto must limit the big plays by Donald and Boo Weathers on defense.  Huntingdon is not a great tackling team this year and Eli Fisher could exploit that if it is a close game in the 4th quarter.  My money is on Huntingdon, but don't be suprised if Loretto beats them.

Lewis County @ Camden:  Two of the better young backs in the state will be on display in this one.  Chris Hatton and Josh Boyd will both be the keys to this game for their teams.  Lewis County is a better team defensively and that is why I look for them to oust the 9-1 Lions in round one.

825409217[/snapback]

Allow me to give you a little better picture of the Camden/Lewis co game...you stated that Lewis co is better defensively...well I might give you that 12.6 PA for Lewis co against Camden's 13.4...but Camden has also scored an avg 32.5 points per game against Lewis co's 21.6...looks like that less than 1 point difference will not make up for the >than 10 point difference offensively...and oh yes...Lewis co has beaten 1 team with a winning record and that one was 5-5 Loretto where as Camden has beaten four teams with a 5-5 or greater record...kinda gives everyone a new perspective now don't it.