Oneida vs. Cloudland

Ro8432

The long trip this week may have an impact on the Indians performance friday night.However,if the Indians play with the same type of intensity and poise as they did against CAK then cloudland need to buckle down and be ready.Roark, way to step up against CAK and be a leader.Thats what it takes to win games.Keep your O-line and D-line fired up this friday because thats what the plays EVOLVE around.You seniors need to be leaders against the landers and keep playing with the same attitude as the past.Keep it UP!!!!GO BIG O!!!!!

No prediction from me.....Lets just get the WIN

Edited by OHS 92 State Champs

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings, friends and foes! Its time to face the inevitable pull and tug of pre-game chit-chat. Make no mistake, the things we say on here really have no true impact on how the game will be contested(maybe fuel the passion). But hey, if you can't get fired up for the playoffs, YOU WON'T LAST LONG! B) I sure am happy Cloudland is already thinking about the woodshed game, keeps their mind off the task at hand. B) I haven't seen King of the Landers post yet, I'm sure he will have some interesting thoughts about his boys. Kaz is listening! B)

Has King been a bad boy? Well, I have known him to be a little "over the top" with his thoughts from time to time. Guys this one will be the best match-up in the area and the deep traditions will make both teams leery of each other. The Landers are having to replace more quality off of last years team, I mean how do you instantly replace M. Byrd and Dakota B., as well as several of those huge boys up front. What do you guys got this year? :blink:

Now hold on 67CamGrl, you don't get to pick your role in this match-up. Your team is District Champion against the other region's 4th place team. The game is at Cloudland, not Oneida. Surely you don't believe your mighty Landers are the underdog!?!? I mean, you guys wasted Jellico and Cosby. Even the Rangers of Unaka were no match for you, and Lord knows they think they're good, ask'um! When you dominate year after year up there, you don't suddenly try to lighten the load, by saying "we're not supposed to win". Oneida's coming, and I'm sure the boys are gonna bring it, because they know they have plenty of players that went before them that expect them to! The Tradition continues! :rolleyes::)

Now hold on 67CamGrl, you don't get to pick your role in this match-up.  Your team is District Champion against the other region's 4th place team.  The game is at Cloudland, not Oneida.  Surely you don't believe your mighty Landers are the underdog!?!?  I mean, you guys wasted Jellico and Cosby.  Even the Rangers of Unaka were no match for you, and Lord knows they think they're good, ask'um!  When you dominate year after year up there, you don't suddenly try to lighten the load, by saying "we're not supposed to win".  Oneida's coming, and I'm sure the boys are gonna bring it, because they know they have plenty of players that went before them that expect them to!  The Tradition continues! :rolleyes:  :)

825410795[/snapback]

I'm by no means saying we aren't supposed win. We're Cloudland fans, we always expect a win. However, we've dealt with naysayers all season about how "down" we are this year. Heck, 73% is already picking Oneida to win, so all I am saying is that we could care less what the prediction is, it just gives us more to prove since everyone is assuming that we can't pull out a win without Dakota and Mark. Last year was great and so were all those guys that played but they're gone now but our pride isn't.

We know Oneida is coming and believe me we're ready. They're not being overlooked in the slightest way. I'm not ready for basketball season yet and I know a whole lot more people in Roan Mountain that aren't either.

Oneida has a safe trip up here. Better listen to Maynardette, she gives good advice.

Guys + Gals, I think I've hooked a certified cheerleader talking some football. Now I could be terribly wrong, but CamGrl seems to be wanting to stir up the Landers by underdog'in um. She also refers to former ballplayers by their first name, Mark and Dakota......., that's sweet. I'll be looking for the '67 Camaro at the ballgame to see if CamGrl is rootin' for them. Kaz! :D;)