Fayette Academy vs Lake County

lakecountyfalconfan

AC, I agree with you about So.Fulton last year and yes Region 8 was not strong last year. The two top teams in Region 8 are a whole lot stronger than last year.With that being said,I guess we will have to wait and see tomorrow night but I think you and the rest of Region 7 might be surprised.It is true Fayette Acad. played a harder schedule we will see if that helps them tomorrow night.Good luck.

825417552[/snapback]

I don't get what some people are talking about when they say that Falcon fans are talking a lot of smack or trash or whatever. I did make one comment that may have been taken for "smack" but the lion's share of the comments have just been basically that we believe our team is a good team and can stay on the field with the other 1A teams in West Tennessee. Noone is saying that we are going to cakewalk through the playoffs unscathed. Confidence is a good thing. Overconfidence on the other hand is not a good thing. I hope Fayette Academy, USJ and JCS are listening and believing all of the pontificators on CoachT who are not giving us much of a chance to go anywhere. I'm hoping that they are thinking like the CoachT prognosticators that all they have to do is show up. Their overconfidence will help us. May none of the kids from either team get hurt tonight, may the best team win and then at some point represent West Tennnessee famously throughout the playoffs, because those Middle Tennesse and East Tennessee schools have no respect for our football and they have titles to back that up. Check out murphyfair.com and click on state records and then team state titles and you will see what I mean. We can brag all day long about what our team is doing in West Tennesse but what do they do when state championships are on the line...Everything is relative...in the end I support all West Tennesse teams against Middle and East Tennessee....with them you earn your respect on the field and that is as it should be....GO FALCONS!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Fayette Academy, USJ and JCS are listening and believing all of the pontificators on CoachT who are not giving us much of a chance to go anywhere. I'm hoping that they are thinking like the CoachT prognosticators that all they have to do is show up.

You have got be kidding me...on this board alone there are 17 members who either think Lake Co. will win this game or are Lake Co. supporters....There are 3 members who think either Fayette will win or are Fayette supporters!!! How can you say that people arent giving you much of a chance when 95% of this whole board is people saying good things about Lake Co.

Get your facts straight before you start complaining......

I really don't think that Fayette Academy disrespects Lake County. They have struggled through this season and seriously fought for a playoff spot. Thats alot different than last year when they were rolling over everybody. I don't think they are going to take any game for granted this year. If Lake County wins it will be because they are a better team and they deserved to win. Same goes for Fayette Academy. I think you will see the best both teams have to offer tonight; I would hope for nothing less.

You have got be kidding me...on this board alone there are 17 members who either think Lake Co. will win this game or are Lake Co. supporters....There are 3 members who think either Fayette will win or are Fayette supporters!!! How can you say that people arent giving you much of a chance when 95% of this whole board is people saying good things about Lake Co.

Get your facts straight before you start complaining......

825418156[/snapback]

There is a difference between giving your opinion on the outcome of a game or giving a prediction of a final score and talking "smack". At least it is where I come from. Trash talking and talking smack usually if not always gives no respect to the team you are picking to lose. Example: Lake County 24 Fayette County 14. Now that ain't trash talking or talking smack that is just someones opinion on the outcome of the game. Example: Lake County hasn't beat anybody of note all year long and if you will remember last year the anemic and woeful Region 8 was swept by Region 7 so our brooms are poised and ready for more of the same this year...Now that is talking smack. And the people that I am saying that are not giving Lake County much of a chance if any are region 7 supporters. But those of you who feel that way are right , we ain't got nothing for region 7, it is over before it begins...All region 7 has to do is show up...As everyone knows respect is earned not given...We will be trying to earn some tonight in our own humble way.

I really don't think that Fayette Academy disrespects Lake County.  They have struggled through this season and seriously fought for a playoff spot.  Thats alot different than last year when they were rolling over everybody.  I don't think they are going to take any game for granted this year.  If Lake County wins it will be because they are a better team  and they deserved to win.  Same goes for Fayette Academy.  I think you will see the best both teams have to offer tonight; I would hope for nothing less.

825418400[/snapback]

Yea I agree with that. No I don't think the teams that are playing tonight feel that they are unbeatable. If any of them do then there is some terrible coaching being done around West Tennessee. Im talking about these frustrated ESPN sports analyst wannabes on CoachT(including myself except for the frustrated part :lol:). I can't truly say how good or bad a team is that I have not seen play, and even then sometimes you can't be sure. I have seen the Falcons play this year and if we stay healthy this year and the next couple of years things are looking good. I have seen a lot of good Falcon teams over the years and this is not our best team but man have they come a long way from 0-10 just two seasons ago. I don't underestimate what these kids can do but it wouldn't bother me if someone else does, if it is the right someone else.....uh FC, USJ, JCS are you listening....just show up. :P

And what about you people that said that Lake would beat Trinity by 40 now???

Trinity 22 Lake County 7

Trinity 13 Fayette Academy 14

Fayette Academy 36 Lake County 24

ENOUGH SAID!!!

825419307[/snapback]

Go Region 7A!!!!! No sweep of 8A this year, but three out of four ain't bad.

JCS 42 Bruceton 14

West Carroll 38 Perry Co. 13

USJ 48 Gleason 14

Fayette Academy 36 Lake Co. 24

If i do remember correctly sf was leading at the half 18-8 but then after their biggest playmakers went down the team mainly fell apart because of lack of depth and experience. But that doesnt really matter any more. Looks like tonight Fayette didnt really dominate LC but still they got the win and congrats to yall. Lake County i am sure will be right back next year with a strong team just like this year and probably a lot better so they will prolly be one team to look out for in the next few years. Good luck Fayette and Lc we will see yal next year.

acmoney #2 Brandon Springer was the man who had over 1,000 yards this year Fayette did a good job containing him. That opened up things for the tailback #5 Damio Yancy. I would not be too critical of his running style since he did post 191 yards on Fayette. The fact is you had 2 good teams playing and some key miscues by Lake and a good job by Fayette on capitalizing on the miscues was the difference in the game. The real key was the very questionable pass interception late in the 4th at midfield with Lake trailing Fayette only 28-24. That is irrelevant now as Fayette won and Lake begins to prepare for next year. Should be a bright future for the Falcons with 21 of 22 starters returning on both sides of the ball. Oh yeguys you spoke of #2 and #5 are both just sophomores so 1A teams will be dealing with them for two more years.

Edited by wardawg2038