Greenbrier Football

bcats15

If my parents ever made a life-changing decision that involved raising me and doing whats best for me, they made it about 6 years ago. They decided to move to Greenbrier so I could further my education in a more safe and caring environment. I moved during my 6th grade year and had to privilige of going to school with some of the best people ive ever met. I made friends in middle school that I still have today, and even more once I hit high school. I became friends with some of the best guys around, who mean the world to me. Most of these guys I met through sports. Although I play on the Basketball team at the High School now, I'm one of the biggest supporters in the Greenbrier Community when it comes to Football. I always loved going to Friday Night games with my Dad when i was little. He was a big football fan and always loved watching my boys play. He always commented on how well you guys played together and how you had the potential for greatness. My father passed away about a month or so ago and I know he would have been at every single game this year if he were still alive. The 2 weeks after my father's death were probably the hardest of my life. If it weren't for the friends I've made, I'm sure this woulda been alot more difficult. I would have never gotten this much support from anyone, had I still lived in the Nashville area. The point of this post is to thank the guys on the football team. I had alot of support from them as well as the rest of the GB community, but I wanted to let them know this. I've had the honor of being in the same class as these guys and I've watched them become successes over the years. Roger - you've always been an athlete I've looked up to.....if anyone ever deserved the Mr. Football award, it's you. Cameron - ever since 7th grade we've been buds. I can't think of any other guy thats more like me. Thank u.... Clint, Daniel, Dustin Cole - We've gotten closer over the years and I will say that you both are players I admire. You go out every Friday night and make big plays while being their for your team. Who wouldn't admire that?....Justin Stewart - you and your family have done so much for me, it's impossible to ever thank you. I know you will do just fine with your good work ethics. ANYTIME I'm ever around you, your getting done with football practice and either coming home and going straight to soccer practice or a soccer game, or mowing the grass. I hope you go somewhere with your soccer skills. Brad, Kyle Tabb, Perry(P-Dawg) , Jesse Dunn, Wade, Billy - I can't forget you guys. I'm definitely going to miss you guys next year whether you realize it or not. I look forward to most of my classes with some of you guys because you always find ways of making things entertaining. Not to mention your all great players. Chris Tucker - That leg of yours is def. going to get you somewhere. I know you'll be there when the team needs you come playoffs. Treslyn Link "The Mouth of the South" ... I'm looking forward to another great year of commentary. You practice and play hard...not to mention your pretty talented I must say, you'll do wonders..... My big boy Joey Stephens... Watching you play just reminds me of how much you used to tackle me when you played basketball. Of course I always got back up......from time to time... My junior boys...Kyle Herndon...I hope your senior year goes well....you've already made me a fan just from this year...keep it up.....Joe Dan...your a great guy and a hard working player as well....what else can I say.....Justin Pigg....you've been there for me in the past....you mean alot whether you know it or not and I hope you keep making the plays that count. And I have saved the best for last. Jacob Aldridge....my Dad's favorite player. If there was ever a guy he admired the most it was you. And I can understand why. You were there for me during his death and your support kept me strong. I feel honored just to put your name on my back when we paint up. I'm just so sorry dad couldn't see you play your senior year. I hope you get back out there soon.... I hope you guys continue to make Greenbrier's football team a success. You have a community behind you and a very bright future. I hope you bring back a state title.....Dad would be proud....

-Jeffrey Brant

Jeffery you are one of my best friends and these guys you speak of are too. Im not on the football team anymore but i understand exactly what you are sayin. These kids are unbelievable to watch. I mean i have seen roger do stuff i did not think is possible, but anyway not only am i personally glad that you and your family made this move so is my family. When you lost your dad at first i didnt know what to think, but i just knew that you had to be goin through the hardest time in your life. Because i remeber when i lost my grandfather it was the hardest time in my life. I hardly even knew your dad but because you are one of my best friends to see you hurting like that made me feel a little of your pain. I just want you to know that i will always be here for you even if we have an episode like at the movies again lol. I know this post is to the football team and im glad you have told them cause im proud of everyone of them because a 9-1 season is no joke. I know these past months or month has been hard for you and i just want you to know ill be here for you if you EVER need anything, and i will be wearing arm bands this year in baseball that say wayne watson r.i.p. To the football team this is the first year i havent played with you guys in a long time and what jeff has said is nothing but the truth bring back the ship boys its your year.

Jeffery, I am just the parent of another of you guys that are in the Class of 2005, and your post brought tears to my eyes. We too have only been in Greenbrier for about 10 years, and I agree with the things you've said about Greenbrier and the guys you have mentioned. They are a great football team, and great young men.

I never got the chance to tell you how sorry I was about your dad. I didn't realize until after the funeral that I've known Wayne's dad for years when he and my dad rode to work together at Neuhoff a long time ago.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts to the football team. I'm sure this means more to them than you will ever know. It touches my heart and I'm sure you mean just as much to them.

Your friends will be there for you. That's just the kind of class they are.

Jeffery--I can't imagine how much you miss your dad, and even though I didn't know him, it is obvious that your parents did a great job and had your best interests at heart when they brought you to this small town of Greenbrier. I've seen you play basketball and you are a great asset to our school team and when I've heard the guys mention you, it's been all good. I'm sure they feel the same way toward you and would do anything to help in any way.

Thanks for sharing your post with us.

Jeffrey,

Not many people lose a parent and we have just been the unfortunate ones to do so and it isn’t a good feeling, I know, I lost my mom last December 19, 2003. Not many people know that but I guess now some that don’t, do now. It is something that you will never forget, because that is a parent, and someone you love no matter what they say or do. I know that you don’t see me much around school, but on the field everyone does. I know that it is the same way with you on the basketball court with your teammates and your friends. I am the same way with the football team as you are on the court. Sometimes we will remember what it felt like when someone close dies, but we will also remember how much that they meant to us and I think that everyone is going to help in any way that they can to help you or anyone get through rough times, but there is always another time you will get to see them. I would like to also say thanks to everyone on the team (football) for making this the best and the most fun season I have ever played in my life. My cousin, Devan Robertson, has played beside me pretty much all year and he has made a pretty good impact on the field with me and the other 9 on the field, but there is always the scout team to thank too. I have been challenged this year by our scout team and I would just like to say that all of you guys on the team are like brothers to me and I will not ever forget this season, but we have more games to go, see you on the field.

-Perry Osborne #59-

AKA-(P-Dawg)

thumb

Jeff: Your post made me cry again. I did not know your dad as well as I know your mom, but he was always so nice and hospitable when we came over your house. He was a great man, and I know that he was so proud of you, just like me. I too am glad that your family moved here in 7th grade, because you are one of my best guy friends. (Teacup lol...) I love you and you know that I'm here if you need me

Football team: You have so many people that believe in you and know that you are capable of being in Murfreesboro... Remember what you're playing for, and play with heart all the time. You have the abilities, just use your brains and your heart and you are gonna win! I love yall... and Giz, Clint, and Piggy... score a touchdown for me lol!

Hey Jeff, I've been thinking about what to write about this topic ever since I read it a few days ago and I still don't know exactly what to say because I have so much to say. For one thing, I want to say that you have handled your father's death perfectly. You have laughed when you needed to laugh, cried when you needed to cry, asked for help when you needed help, and most importantly, taken care of your mother. I thought it was very thoughtful of you to miss some volleyball games and other after school things to be with your mom; it just shows how much of a great person you are. All the people that came to the funeral to support you and your family(and many that couldn't make it) care for you and are willing to help if you ever need it.

When I first found out about what happened I just couldn't believe it; I was stunned. It will be hard to imagine coming out of the locker room after a game and not seeing your dad standing at the top of the steps and telling me that I had a good game. But we have to remember that he will be watching the games from somewhere else now and we have to know that his best wishes are with us and that he wants us to go all the way this year. I'm so glad that he decided to give you your first basketball a few years ago so that you could start playing. You've progressed so much in the past few years and you will be an asset to our team this year as someone already said.

I also moved to Greenbrier about 5 years ago(before 6th grade) and I am glad for every minute that I live here. This is a great little town to live in. Everyone is involved in the sports and school activities. I have so many friends here and if your parents had not moved here I would have one less friend.

You are a great leader on the court and a great friend. I (along with everyone on the team) look up to you, so keep doing the right things and making the right choices like your parents have brought you up to do. You are so dedicated to basketball and school, so don't give up because you have the talent and ability to carry you far in life.

Let's win state in b-ball for your dad thumb

To the football team: keep up the good work. Obviously people like watching you play and think you are a great team. But keep in mind that there are some of us out there who think of you as more than a team. We think of you as friends, family, and people that are willing to help someone in need. Keep doing your best on the field and off the field.

Let's win state in football too thumb