Matthew Dotson

gimme3

i think i know quite a bit about Fairview, it is not hard to score 31 on a team that didn't win a game that year. Fairview has been pathetic in guys basketball for the past coupld of seasons. cardsman just be quiet. this kid doesn't belong in the SEC, recruited by every school in the country (Austin Peay and Belmont) Yeah those are national powers. I will agree with gomab on this one. Buzz wont be having a job for long if he keeps wasting scholarships.

825424373[/snapback]

Hey I think OSU, Arizona and Stanford and schools like that. He gets 25 letters a day why dont you say hey your 18 you have done more than have congratulitions and tip your hat dont get on her bash a guy like that. You dont even know him he great guy and he will play for Tennessee

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im new to the boards, but this particular post stuck out to me. There are so many people on here bashing this kid. Im sure there are going to be more post defending themselves out of guilt "saying im not bashing the kid, im just saying he isnt good enough to play at that level" Thats a bunch of hog wash!! Look at Larry Bird, for example he wasnt the most athletic or talented but he over achieved. This is a 17 yr old kid that people are talking about. You know he has read these posts. Think if you were a young kid and seeing everyone shoot down probably one of the happiest moments of his life. People move on and just wish him luck. If he doesnt pan out, so what. He still can get a great education, and make something of themselves. I bet he has more talent than anyone that has posted on this board, so no one should have any room to talk about his talent. What makes all of these bashers basketball analysts? Who is Gomab2? What are his credintials?  Good luck to the kid!

825424529[/snapback]

good post, matthew dotson is a great guy, i met him this year when i went to boys state. i agree, y do u want to (dont wanna say bash, b/c that would be politically incorrect..?) put him down??? is it b/c hes gettin a scholarship and ur not?? i mean, give him congrats and go on with it....

u gotta know when to hold em, and when to fold em. thumb

Edited by bballfan04

well you just kept the trend going.  you have the right to bash Dotson just as much as we have right ot take up for him.  did you play SEC ball?  you have no idea how much this kid works at being good.  he takes pride in doing everything right, something most kids never give thought of.  he will be a tremendous asset to the Tennessee in more ways than one, but especially on the court.  stop the bashing and support your school by backing up its players and future players.  unless its positive keep it to yourself

825424860[/snapback]

What this guy said is so correct Matthew Dotson has worked his @$$ of for this so congrats. It great to be a Tennesse Vol

Will everyone open their eyes and actually read a post for what it is. Nobody on this board has "bashed" Dotson. Everyone has said that he is a good player and that he has an excellent work ethic. Everyone has wished him the best. The only thing that is being argued is whether or not he is good enough to play in the SEC. That is not bashing at all. Most high school players are not good enough to play D-1.Is that bashing if you tell a kid who has sat on the bench his whole high school career that he is not good enough to play D-1? No, in fact he prolly already knows. Playing major D-1 ball is not something that is just handed to everyone. He has worked hard, but hard work doesnt always mean that he is good enough for major ball. He is goin to see and play against guys that are faster stronger bigger and quicker than he has ever seen. Once again good luck Matthew, and if yall read this, read the whole thing, not just what yall wanna see out of a post, just so you can get on here and try to sound smarter than you prolly are.

Will everyone open their eyes and actually read a post for what it is. Nobody on this board has "bashed" Dotson. Everyone has said that he is a good player and that he has an excellent work ethic. Everyone has wished him the best. The only thing that is being argued is whether or not he is good enough to play in the SEC. That is not bashing at all. Most high school players are not good enough to play D-1.Is that bashing if you tell a kid who has sat on the bench his whole high school career that he is not good enough to play D-1? No, in fact he prolly already knows.  Playing major D-1 ball is not something that is just handed to everyone. He has worked hard, but hard work doesnt always mean that he is good enough for major ball. He is goin to see and play against guys that are faster stronger bigger and quicker than he has ever seen. Once again good luck Matthew, and if yall read this, read the whole thing, not just what yall wanna see out of a post, just so you can get on here and try to sound smarter than you prolly are.

825425869[/snapback]

im sorry, but when were we talking about kids who sit on the bench all there high school career playing in D-1??

I agree totally with moose3542 nobody has bashed Dotson they have just stated their opinion on him. I think with Dotson's hard work ethic he'll be just fine at the D-1 level. He needs to put on about 30 pounds and just be ready to bang heads with all of the SEC talent. It'll be a major challenge for him but all true players of the game love this kind of challenge. For the people that are bringing up Boomer Herndon and how this could be another Herndon ordeal your wrong. You can't compare Herndon and Dotson. The two are totally different players and Herndon played in A while Dotson has been playing in AAA. I played in both, AAA is a tottally different game compared to A. With that said good luck to you Matthew and don't start thinking ahead to Tennessee you still have a lot to play for in your Senior year at Hickman County.

Hey I think OSU, Arizona  and Stanford  and schools like that. He gets 25 letters a day why dont you say hey your 18 you have done more than have congratulitions and tip your hat dont get on her bash a guy like that. You dont even know him he great guy and he will play for Tennessee

825425776[/snapback]

WHAT? Did you have English as a second language?

CONGRATULITIONS? I couldn't find this one in the dictionary!

Edited by Crock1615

Dotson will go to UT, redshirt, get in the weight room and play with the team for a year and then transfer to Belmont about 30 lbs heavier and playing against SEC calibur competition in practice everyday. Sounds like Dotson is playing his cards smartly. He will use UT to get better and then transfer. What is UT thinking?

Edited by redzone

Dotson will go to UT, redshirt, get in the weight room and play with the team for a year and then transfer to Belmont about 30 lbs heavier and playing against SEC calibur competition in practice everyday.  Sounds like Dotson is playing his cards smartly.  He will use UT to get better and then transfer.  What is UT thinking?

825426520[/snapback]

Youre a FOOL!!!! Sounds like you know your stuff, FOOL!!!! Thats the dumbest thing I've heard....thats worse than Gomab's biased opinion....oh yeah, by the way where do you play ball at?

Edited by dawgsfan71

That is not a put down to Dotson. It really does look like he is playing his cards right. He can go to Belmont or Lipscomb and walk on the court immediately and play. At UT it would take some time. Look at Boomer Herndon (7'0") and he had problems finding the court. Why not go to UT and work everyday to get better? He will get more work there. Besides, it is not polite to call someone a "fool", especially to someone who is saying that Dotson may be doing the right thing for him. Now, what is UT thinking? To me, if they cannot find a place for Herndon, then what are there plans for Dotson? Dawg, you need to think and read carefully before you call someone a fool after reading this board. If you look at other posts, people are ripping the fact that UT signed Dotson, I'm stating that Dotson is playing his cards right.