Matthew Dotson

gimme3

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and saying a player is not as good as he is hyped to be is an opinion. It is not bashing! I am so sick of people being politically correct! If a kid is not as good as he is hyped or if that is the way one feels, then you and I have the right to say that. It is no different than a coach cutting a player. Should he keep him on the team so that the kid's feelings don't get hurt? If Matthew Dotson, whom I have never heard of, reads this, then it should only challenge him to prove the naysayers wrong!

Edited by Crock1615

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

opinions are fine... but repetitive bashing is for a critic or in a sport's case, analyst... for one, none of you are basketball analysts... I don't care... I don't know him and I don't know if it bothers him or not... But a bunch of you sound like complete lamers the way you continue to bash the kid.. I hope he goes pro after UT and has a great career just to make everyone shut the "insert your word of choice here" up! Saying someone is overrated or isn't that good is one thing... But saying that a certain coach is stupid for giving a scholarship to a kid that has probably busted his tail for the past 4 years trying to do just that is ludacris.. Politically Correct or not....

all of you are fools... dont you just think maybe just maybe a DI program like Tennessee whether its been successful or not maybe better at choosing its players than all of you especially you Gomab!!!!

As for Gomab, you know for a fact that Dotson is a good player worthy of Tennessee or you wouldnt have wanted him on your AAU team in the past. in my opinion you are no greater authority on Dotson's ability as a Tennessee basketball player than his Grandmother Agnes (who can probably show and tell you every referee Dotson has ever had in a game)

I'm tired of reading these posts everyday and reading your bashing comments. All i know is Matthew Dotson is signing his National Letter of Intent to play basketball for the University of Tennessee tomorrow. Why dont you come and see him continue his path of success you would be welcomed

Okay. I have been reading this post for a couple of days and it seems there are so many hurt feelings. First of all I would like to say congrats to Matthew. I wish you all the best at UT, because I am a life long Vol fan and everyone knows UT needs all the help they can get. However, I don't think the help is in the form of Dotson. He is a good player, compared to high school players, but not compared to the SEC. I have not heard of Gerogetown and Stanford offering him a schlorship, and I believe that is false. If Stanford,which is a top 25 team every year,offers someone a schlorship, he would have a lot more D-1 offers than just from UT. He would also be more highly touted if Stanford offered him a schlorship. Top 25 teams dont offer the 13th best player in TN a schlorship, they just don't. Also if he was D-1 material everyone in TN would know about him. Most people don't know about him. For example Brandon Wright (or Peoples depending on how well you know him) and Tyler Smith are household names for TN HS b-ball fans.Dotson is not. And for the comment of what if he reads this. If he can't take criticism, he shouldn't be playing sports, period. Especially SEC ball. Matthew I hope you turn out to be a stud in college, but I just don't see it.

well you just kept the trend going. you have the right to bash Dotson just as much as we have right ot take up for him. did you play SEC ball? you have no idea how much this kid works at being good. he takes pride in doing everything right, something most kids never give thought of. he will be a tremendous asset to the Tennessee in more ways than one, but especially on the court. stop the bashing and support your school by backing up its players and future players. unless its positive keep it to yourself

I'm pretty sure he's NOT starting. There was a topic about this whole ordeal a few weeks ago. I think it was titled Jamont Gordon, if you go back and read that thread, I think it tells if he is or isn't. Just informing you on an error, but please if you have more recent information, inform me.

825424748[/snapback]

I may be wrong but i believe that their starting point guard is out with a foot injury of some sort which opened the starting role for jamont. I may have miss read it though.

How many of these bashers have even played the sport past high school. Picture this...Your a young kid you grow up to watch a certain team play. Ex..Indiana University. You were born and raised in the state, watched all the legends, like Isaiah Thomas, Calbet Cheaney, Damon Bailey..You grow up, go to Basketball camps work hard, just to have a chance to play in a 25, 000 seat arena one day. You start high school, realizing your talents, and working hard just to get that one shot. You get a letter or two from your fav school, which only makes you work harder. Finally sr. yr comes and you only have 1 or two offers from replicable schools. There DI offers but not Indiana University. Then finally you get that call to come visit the campus. Your hopes are riding high, but you still tryi not to get them up. Before you leave your visit, the coach ask you how would you love to be a hooiser. You say yes, realizing that you are getting your dream. Now we could be on the flip side and have never gotten that offer. Dotson is living a dream, and every basher would have given there right arm to play for the volunteers. Buzz gets paid the big bucks, let him handle his decision. We are high school spectators at best. Leave it at that.

Jamont is starting...  He would have been second at his position, but due to an injury, he was bumped up...

825424755[/snapback]

I may be wrong but i believe that their starting point guard is out with a foot injury of some sort which opened the starting role for jamont.  I may have miss read it though.

825424904[/snapback]

No you're right. I just heard that he was 2nd in line, but as you said there was an injury. Thanks for correcting me.

And for youngbball, SOME of us actually do play in High School. And I'm sure some people have played past college, maybe not D1, though.