Matthew Dotson

gimme3

I live in Fairview and I have never heard of this kid. I hope it isn't a bust like Herndon was.

825424168[/snapback]

You must not know jack crap about Fairview Matthew Dotson had owned. Fairview since he was in the 6th Grade in basketball. So dont get on here make comment like that you idiot. Dotson was recruited by every school in the country

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Fairview and I have never heard of this kid. I hope it isn't a bust like Herndon was.

825424168[/snapback]

Well his freshman year of high school ball he scored 31 one for a hickamn county team that one 2 games that season one being against your school. i dont know if you dont get out much or not but i dont understand how you have not heard of him.

i think i know quite a bit about Fairview, it is not hard to score 31 on a team that didn't win a game that year. Fairview has been pathetic in guys basketball for the past coupld of seasons. cardsman just be quiet. this kid doesn't belong in the SEC, recruited by every school in the country (Austin Peay and Belmont) Yeah those are national powers. I will agree with gomab on this one. Buzz wont be having a job for long if he keeps wasting scholarships.

Im new to the boards, but this particular post stuck out to me. There are so many people on here bashing this kid. Im sure there are going to be more post defending themselves out of guilt "saying im not bashing the kid, im just saying he isnt good enough to play at that level" Thats a bunch of hog wash!! Look at Larry Bird, for example he wasnt the most athletic or talented but he over achieved. This is a 17 yr old kid that people are talking about. You know he has read these posts. Think if you were a young kid and seeing everyone shoot down probably one of the happiest moments of his life. People move on and just wish him luck. If he doesnt pan out, so what. He still can get a great education, and make something of themselves. I bet he has more talent than anyone that has posted on this board, so no one should have any room to talk about his talent. What makes all of these bashers basketball analysts? Who is Gomab2? What are his credintials? Good luck to the kid!

i think i know quite a bit about Fairview, it is not hard to score 31 on a team that didn't win a game that year. Fairview has been pathetic in guys basketball for the past coupld of seasons. cardsman just be quiet. this kid doesn't belong in the SEC, recruited by every school in the country (Austin Peay and Belmont) Yeah those are national powers. I will agree with gomab on this one. Buzz wont be having a job for long if he keeps wasting scholarships.

825424373[/snapback]

Belmont and Austin Peay may not be national powerhouses, but Stanford and Georgetown are. Both of these schools offered him so they obviously saw the same thing that ut does. Dotson may not be the most athletic but he flat out knows how to play the game. He has an awesome work ethic and will do the work it takes to help out the vols in his time thier. Good luck matt, go get'em this season.

I have seen this thread grow and grow deeper in BS status every day... I wasn't going to post but it just needs to stop... Everyone has their own opinions and thoughts... good for you... I have seen the kid play once and he is good... As for saying can he be a star in the SEC, he'll have to prove that to me, but i'm not saying he can't.... The Larry Bird reference was a very good example!! The man was 6'9 and dunked maybe twice in a lenghty career, his athleticism was near the bottom of the league... But his work ethic and "want to" was near the top! If this kid keeps good work ethic and keeps shooting the ball to improve his outside shot, I can see him embarassing all of you Kids who are bashing him... Including you gomab... You're presence here is appreciated by all... But you should have stopped posting on this subject after your first couple of statements... All you are doing is embarassing yourself and coming off as an ###### to everyone that doesn't know much about you... Lock the thread already someone...

Edited by mas1821

Stanford and Georgetown did not offer him. Unless it was Samford and Georgetown (Ky)... Just keep the facts straight...

825424683[/snapback]

I believe Stanford told him that if he can get into the school that they had a scholarship waiting. You see an academic powerhouse like Stanford does things differently then most schools.

Also i know for a fact that georgetown had one for him. So i do have my facts straight so maybe you should check yours. I dont know what your beef is with Dotson, but you need to get over it. Dont try and say that you dont have a beef because for the last 3 years you have had nothing good to say about him or his school. And what is wrong with Samford. It is the place to be in my opinion.

Tennessee could be a great team in about 3 or 4 years.  They have Tyler Smith, now Dotson, a prep star who is about 610 250, and hopefully Jamont Gordon who i believe is the starting point guard at Oak Hill.  Some of you may remember him at Glencliff the past 3 years.  This team might be the real deal in a few years.  What a recruiting class.

825413946[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he's NOT starting. There was a topic about this whole ordeal a few weeks ago. I think it was titled Jamont Gordon, if you go back and read that thread, I think it tells if he is or isn't. Just informing you on an error, but please if you have more recent information, inform me.

I have seen this thread grow and grow deeper in BS status every day...  I wasn't going to post but it just needs to stop...  Everyone has their own opinions and thoughts...  good for you...  I have seen the kid play once and he is good...  As for saying can he be a star in the SEC, he'll have to prove that to me, but i'm not saying he can't....  The Larry Bird reference was a very good example!!  The man was 6'9 and dunked maybe twice in a lenghty career, his athleticism was near the bottom of the league...  But his work ethic and "want to" was near the top!  If this kid keeps good work ethic and keeps shooting the ball to improve his outside shot, I can see him embarassing all of you Kids who are bashing him...  Including you gomab...  You're presence here is appreciated by all...  But you should have stopped posting on this subject after your first couple of statements...  All you are doing is embarassing yourself and coming off as an ###### to everyone that doesn't know much about you...  Lock the thread already someone...

825424739[/snapback]

That's an aweful post. Gomab may be bashing him, which I agree is wrong. But lock the topic is crazy. Let the conversation go on and if you don't like it, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT IT!!

so... not locking a topic where a number of ppl, including someone like gomab2, is bashing an 18 year old kid for receiving such an honor as a scholorship to a high major D1 school isn't in order? there are things that aren't supposed to happen on these boards... Cussing, harassing, and bashing players or coaches... This post should be locked.. end of story.. Some ppl aren't mature enough to say what they think and give their congrats or nothing at all..... they have to continue to bash and look foolish... uncalled for... grow up.

Edited by mas1821