189 & 171 lbs

slim589

I am suprised that no one has mentioned Marable. Does anyone know what he weighs this year?

825417015[/snapback]

I assume that you are talking about Nick since Michael graduated and it is a little out of topic on this thread and that is why nobody has mentioned Marable. This is certainly not a fact but what I am hearing is that Nick will be wrestling at 160 and 152. I think 52 will be hard for him to reach but I think he wants to be there for things like senior Nationals which means he has to wrestle at that weight in the state tournament.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that you are talking about Nick since Michael graduated and it is a little out of topic on this thread and that is why nobody has mentioned Marable.  This is certainly not a fact but what I am hearing is that Nick will be wrestling at 160 and 152.  I think 52 will be hard for him to reach but I think he wants to be there for things like senior Nationals which means he has to wrestle at that weight in the state tournament.

825417593[/snapback]

no he needs to make weight at 152 once during the season. I think he will make that weight once and then wrestle 160 or 171. he will be a champ at whatever weight he wrestles

no he needs to make weight at 152 once during the season.  I think he will make that weight once and then wrestle 160  or 171.  he will be a champ at whatever weight he wrestles

825423275[/snapback]

Hate to burst your bubble but take a look at the following quote that I pulled directly off the TWF website. It clearly states the new ruling that you can not wrestle at a weight lower than the weight you competed in during your senior year's state tournament.

New weight rule for the NHSCA senior nationals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a huge change with regards to the new weight management program. Please note how NHSCA plans on addressing the situation in this year's upcoming NHSCA National High School Seniors Wrestling Championships.

Eligibility -

Must have senior eligibility in high school and a public high school state champion or runner-up or national prep school champion or runner-up during your high school career. New York, New Jersey, and Indiana will qualify the top four wrestlers in each weight class due to past performance and because there is only one division in their state tournament. California will qualify the top eight in each weight class because they have more than 800 high school wrestling programs and only one state championship. The top four place finishers in the NHSCA National Open Wrestling Championships are also eligible. There will be one wildcard per state that will selected by a state committee.

Location -

Public Hall Convention Center in Cleveland, Ohio

Weight Classes -

103, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 275 -- There will be one weigh-in for the entire event with a 3-pound weight allowance example: 103 weight class will be 106 pounds...You cannot enter a weight class below the lowest weight class you wrestled in the state tournament during your senior year. However, you can enter any weight class higher than the one you competed at the state tournament during senior year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, this means that if Nick wants to compete at 152 at Nationals he will have to be there at state as well.

Edited by WrestleSBA

I assume that you are talking about Nick since Michael graduated and it is a little out of topic on this thread and that is why nobody has mentioned Marable.  This is certainly not a fact but what I am hearing is that Nick will be wrestling at 160 and 152.  I think 52 will be hard for him to reach but I think he wants to be there for things like senior Nationals which means he has to wrestle at that weight in the state tournament.

825417593[/snapback]

Actually it is right on topic. With the Marable family history of raising big strong boys having Nick go anywhere up 189 would not have been a suprise. I concur that he can be a champion whereever he wrestles.

. Although my Irish may only see CBHS at their tourny & state it is good to plan ahead. You should always keep tabs on the good ones.

Actually it is right on topic. With the Marable family history of raising big strong boys having Nick go anywhere up 189 would not have been a suprise. I concur that he can be a champion whereever he wrestles.

. Although my Irish may only see CBHS at their tourny & state it is good to plan ahead. You should always keep tabs on the good ones.

825423596[/snapback]

Hey IrishDad,

I currently live with a Father Ryan alum / basketball player so I know all about that Irish pride that you hold so strongly to, but in regards to your comments, I have seen Nick recently and I just don't think he will be wrestling at anything over 160 (and that is why I stated that it was not relevent to this thread) and the word down here is that he will be wrestling at 152 come state time because that is where he wants to be for senior nationals, etc. I think he will likely compete around 160 for a lot of the season just to avoid getting to 152 all of the time.

Edited by WrestleSBA

Does anyone know for sure about Knox and his weight? I saw him a couple of months ago and he was weighing over 200. With the body fat test and 1.5% rule, I don't see how Knox can get to 171 before Christmas. I look for him going 189, unless someone from farragut can enlighten us on the situation.

825414259[/snapback]

Knox of Farragut placed 6th this weekend at 189lbs at the NHSCA.

Edited by rigger101