189 & 171 lbs

slim589

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the Knox kid from Farragut has taken the hydration test yet? He was huge last year at state, and rumor was he had a tough time making the weight at state with the extra pounds aloud. I just knew the Beast that he was he would have to move up with this new BS test their making everyone take!

Assuming they wrestle last year's weights:

D-I-------------Meredith, Blackman, 189

Garza, Kenwood, 171

Knox, Farragut, 171 

D-II------------Vaughn, Baylor, 171

Walker, Baylor, 189

825413123[/snapback]

Hey Buck, do you have any info on these guys you listed from last year? And did they wrestle at this weight last season?

Bucklateral nailed it. However, I'd put Knox ahead of Garza in DI. Knox only lost to Bryant Blackmon 1-0 and finished second in state. I remember watching that classic match at home, sitting on the edge of my chair. Garza finished fifth in that tourney. Other than that, Buck is right on.

Especially in DII with Vaughn - nobody is close. It will be Vaughn and the others.

Knox is back at 171.  Also Weakley from Clarksville who was 4th is back.

825413301[/snapback]

ijtx------I tend to agree with your Knox-Garza analysis. By putting Garza's name first, I did not mean to imply a ranking. You are right about Garza finishing 5th-----his name just jumped to mind first since I saw him wrestle more than I did Knox. And fwc00 is right too-----Weakley should be in the mix at 171.

About Vaughn----didn't I see an earlier post on this board ( or maybe the TWF site) where he was ranked nationally in the top 50 at his weight by wrestling USA. Pretty good for a kid who did not wrestle the season before last---------his freshman year---------took a season off to 'rejuvenate'. He started slow last season but really came on strong at the end of the season. I saw him wrestle as a 7th and 8th grader on the FCI circuit and always thought he would do well at Baylor.

At 189 in D-I, I don't see anyone stopping Meredith except himself or injury. He is pretty much a beast. But from 2-6 could be wide open as a lot of the 189 studs from last year have graduated. In D-II with Marable and Adams moving on, Walker appears to be the top dog.

Bucklateral nailed it.  However, I'd put Knox ahead of Garza in DI.  Knox only lost to Bryant Blackmon 1-0 and finished second in state.  I remember watching that classic match at home, sitting on the edge of my chair.  Garza finished fifth in that tourney.  Other than that, Buck is right on. 

Especially in DII with Vaughn - nobody is close.  It will be Vaughn and the others.

825413257[/snapback]