MBA vs. Baylor

TheBigRedDog

What are everyone's expectations for this one? MBA is coming off a big, emotional win over BA and Baylor had a nice win against Ryan. This game was close the first time around and I expect this one to be a hard faught game. I didn't get a lot of details on the first MBA-Baylor game so I'm not sure why it was so close. I would expect this game to not be so close, but still a good one. I'm actually glad that MBA did not get a bye this week. I think this team was really starting to hit its stride when they hit the bye week in week 8 and then lost momentum going into the MUS game in week 9. Hopefully, after last week's big win, they've got the momentum back, ready for a run at the Clinic Bowl. Roll Red!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA needs to start stronger offensively than they have the past four games. They are only outscoring opponents 32-31 in the first quarter for the whole year. Similarly, they need to be stout defensively from the get-go; Baylor is outscoring opponents 66-7 in the first quarter. Whenever I think of Baylor, I think of Braswell's 300-yard performance at MBA two years ago. MBA needs to be ready for him.

A strong second quarter would be helpful for MBA as well. The second quarter is MBA's most productive, outscoring opponents 115-17; Baylor's worst quarter is the second, being outscored 21-64.

RRR

Edited by rollredroll

All year Baylor either completely shows up or they completely don't even know there is a game going on! They could come out and beat MBA, or if they decide to not play this week, it could get ugly. I think it being round 1 of the playoffs, both teams will show up. This'll be a dogfight, and I'm hoping Baylor and Coach Bibee bring home the win to Chatt-town! This game reminds me of the Ooltewah/Dobyns Bennett...DB should win, but if Ooltewah shows up, it could be interesting!

Besides talent and being healthy, two things you would like to see going into the playoffs are your team peeking at the right time and consistency.

MBA has definitely shown consistency throughout the year while Baylor as noted in previous posts has not. MBA is coming off a strong win to take them into the playoffs while Baylor took care of FRHS.

Both teams played a hard fought game during the regular season, and the potential is there for a similar game tomorrow night.

All year Baylor either completely shows up or they completely don't even know there is a game going on! "

In the McCallie game they did both. They were AWOL the first half. In the second half they caught some BIG MO and almost took it into overtime. I hope both Baylor and Ooltewah can win their games but if asked to bet on either, I'll ask for lots and lots of points.

Does Baylor have much of a passing game? If I remember correctly, they've gone to a new offense this year that is more balanced. In the past, I beleive they ran the Wing-T and relied alot on Braswell. Tonight, I would expect MBA to come out trying to stop the run, forcing Baylor to throw it. I haven't heard much about Baylor's QB or passing attack, so I would expect that if the Big Red can stop the run, they'll be alright. I do remember hearing, though, that Baylor has some good athletes at the skill positions i.e. reciever, so we'll see how they do against MBA's secondary, which, at times, has been suspect.

Baylor does have an advantage, however, in that their white cleats make them look faster. :P:lol: