$$$$$ Price To Wrestle $$$&#0

rigger101

"Coach"  Do you need a towel to wipe those tears from whining and crying all the time or do you have one built into all of you shirts?  Always whining.  The dime a dozen Bulldogs.  And yes, you did pick the Ryan weekend as a good excuse to keep your dime a dozen "wrestlers" from getting smoked and sent home to their mama's whining and crying like their coach always does.  And while you're at it, why do'nt you take up some space on this board to pat yourself on the back for all you do.

825418403[/snapback]

Oh stop Snobhater...you're making me cry.... :) . You know, I have come to the conclusion that I must be doing something right, because you have this fascination with monitoring EVERYTHING I say on this board. And while we are at it, have you ever thought about your user name? Your condescending attitude would have me believe that you hate yourself.

Now, if you want to talk constructively about wrestling, I'd be glad to. But I could get on here and say that Dan Gable is an awesome wrestler and you would take it as whining. Thanks for your input...you are such a big man... thumb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I had NO IDEA that some schools require wrestling teams to foot their own bill.  Do the Football teams require the kids to pay for their pads?  And what's up with the different pay for coaching?  Coach Gonyea, and all of you guys that have to put up with this ****, you should be commended for your dedication and sacrifice for our sport.  I can understand a club team charging a fee to participate, covers the refs, etc., but I am shocked that the school systems , the schools these kids represent, don't cover the basics.  That's ridiculous.

Uncalled for.

825418451[/snapback]

You're alright, Matt.

You know, I had NO IDEA that some schools require wrestling teams to foot their own bill.  Do the Football teams require the kids to pay for their pads?  And what's up with the different pay for coaching?  Coach Gonyea, and all of you guys that have to put up with this ****, you should be commended for your dedication and sacrifice for our sport.  I can understand a club team charging a fee to participate, covers the refs, etc., but I am shocked that the school systems , the schools these kids represent, don't cover the basics.  That's ridiculous.

Uncalled for.

825418451[/snapback]

Farragut's coaches are Still in Collage so we pay for their dedication and sacrifice to our team. thumb

I didn't want this to get carried away. I wasn't complaining. :lol:

Just wanting to see what the other Schools were doing. :)

The Coaches, parents, families and wrestlers give their all to this sport.

I just want to make sure it doesn’t become a sport just for the kids who parents can financially support it. :)

There is plenty of kids whose parents can afford private coaching and special summer camps and more power to them but every kid who wants to give their sweet and blood should have the chance to compete without the high cost.

I've been the Wrestling Booster club president at my school for 3 years and we average spending between $7,500 to $8,000 dollars a year. With the small amount of wrestlers on an average team, raising that kind of money is very tough! As we all know not all parents get involved with fund raising for one reason or another.(No time, not interested, ect.) It is always the same few who pitch in! So asking $200 a wrestler is just a drop in the bucket! To be honest that barely covers a third of what you need. At our school it is my understanding the boys baseball team has a fee of $750 per player. A parent can simply pay the fee or must help with fund raisers until they raise this amount for their child. Plain and simple all the money goes to the kids one way or another, ie. travel expenses, Hotels, equipment, banquets and awards, and other misc. stuff. I just wish everyone would stop and think about what the money is for and where it's going before they jump in and say it's wrong! We're all volunteers trying to help the kids and the programs flourish! Sorry for my banter, just another busy parent who doesn't appreciate the uneducated critisizer. Any help to any program is greatly appreciated! So if a child knocks at your door at least listen to him and think about what it was like when you were a kid! Thank you! thumb

825416358[/snapback]

So what happens if a kidds family can't pay? (IE. Single Mom with great athelete!)

Like a few coaches have said before, NO ONE ever gets turned away from wrestling because they can't pay. We have kids helping me sell entertainment books, scratch off cards, suckers, candy, gold cards, etc.

There are several companies that know this and have helped teams raise money. Varsity Gold does the gold cards and pizza cards, Maredy Candy Co does the suckers, Great American does tons of things, local areas do the entertainment coupon books, America's Finest Chocolate does candy. These companies usually give you the goods. You sell it, they get half and your program gets to keep half.

Car washes, yard sales, and gof tournaments are good. Others have sold fried turkeys around Thanksgiving and Boston Butts during the holidays. Some sell wreaths, poinsettas, etc. A 5K run isn't a bad idea if you get enough sponsors.

Like a few coaches have said before, NO ONE ever gets turned away from wrestling because they can't pay.  We have kids helping me sell entertainment books, scratch off cards, suckers, candy, gold cards, etc. 

There are several companies that know this and have helped teams raise money.  Varsity Gold does the gold cards and pizza cards, Maredy Candy Co does the suckers, Great American does tons of things, local areas do the entertainment coupon books, America's Finest Chocolate does candy.  These companies usually give you the goods.  You sell it, they get half and your program gets to keep half.

Car washes, yard sales, and gof tournaments are good.  Others have sold fried turkeys around Thanksgiving and Boston Butts during the holidays.  Some sell wreaths, poinsettas, etc.  A 5K run isn't a bad idea if you get enough sponsors.

825420884[/snapback]

Good info CoachBray! Thanks!

Nobody even brought up the cost of the Nationals or other events if your child is lucky enough to excell at this sport.

I applaud you guys that work hard on raising money for your team. The only money we receive is for travel like all the teams at our school get. It covers about 5 bus trips(not much). We have gotten all our money from everything mentioned except charging kids. We are now completely funded and then some by an annual golf tourn, a preseason tourn., and 1 or 2 AAU tourn. There are other ways to save such as not paying for meals(have kids bring coolers with PB sandwiches, water, etc). Don't go on overnight trips except region and state (have kids that go to share some of the costs of rooms-get cheap rooms). If I charged more than $50(I do not charge), I would lose at least 30% of my rookies before they learn to love the sport.

Hey coach Bray

ppka

I applaud you guys that work hard on raising money for your team.  The only money we receive is for travel like all the teams at our school get.  It covers about 5 bus trips(not much).  We have gotten all our money from everything mentioned except charging kids.  We are now completely funded and then some by an annual golf tourn, a preseason tourn., and 1 or 2 AAU tourn.  There are other ways to save such as not paying for meals(have kids bring coolers with PB sandwiches, water, etc).  Don't go on overnight trips except region and state (have kids that go to share some of the costs of rooms-get cheap rooms).  If I charged more than $50(I do not charge), I would lose at least 30% of my rookies before they learn to love the sport.

Hey coach Bray

ppka

825423242[/snapback]

In Farrguts defense, I did forget to add that parents had a choice!

If they choose to sell ads for our Program and they reached $200, the price drops to $150 and if they raise $500 they pay nothing. I think that was help the parents who do the majority of the fund raising and to get the rest involved.