Camden vs. Fairview

hschs

Camden is the classic example of a team that finally got the right coach. Though their record did not reflect it last year one could see their team improving during the season. In my opinion, a good coach will take a kid to the next level of his ability. He should:

1. Take a below average kid and make him average.

2. Take an average kid and make him above average.

3. Take an above average kid and make him great.

In addition, he will instill into his team a will to win. Ward has done all of this.  Look at Ward's resume---played under a winning program in high school. Was an assistant coach at a winning program---and now has brought pride back to Lionville. Camden has always had good athletes--but until recently they have had no direction.

Congratulations to the Lions and good luck to all 6-AA teams.

825426222[/snapback]

Amen

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catfish,

I think the cubbies can win this game. Cheatham's defense will have their greatest test against H's speedy offense. But I do believe the cubbies can pull out a win. Good luck to you guys as well!!

Back to the Fairview Camden game......................this should be a great game. I know that our players are not on here talking garbage because we GOT NO TIME FOR JIBBA-JABBA!!!!!!!

Camden is the classic example of a team that finally got the right coach. Though their record did not reflect it last year one could see their team improving during the season. In my opinion, a good coach will take a kid to the next level of his ability. He should:

In addition, he will instill into his team a will to win. Ward has done all of this.  Look at Ward's resume---played under a winning program in high school. Was an assistant coach at a winning program---and now has brought pride back to Lionville. Camden has always had good athletes--but until recently they have had no direction.

825426222[/snapback]

I agree with what you are saying all except for the record from last year not reflecting that he was a good coach. Our record my junior year was 2-8 and last year it was 6-5 and we lost 12-13 in the first round. Now if that doesnt show you that the coach knew what he was doing then, alright. But he started his turn around last year and now they are stepping on the gas.

I agree with what you are saying all except for the record from last year not reflecting that he was a good coach. Our record my junior year was 2-8 and last year it was 6-5 and we lost 12-13 in the first round. Now if that doesnt show you that the coach knew what he was doing then, alright. But he started his turn around last year and now they are stepping on the gas.

825426324[/snapback]

You know who this is.. Can I look forward to seeing the Beaz in Fairview? I'm trying to get Blaylock to ride down there from Murray with me. See ya there!

825426222[/snapback]

Well said...we are very proud of Coach Ward and his Camden Lions!

Hey Lion fans clear your calendars for Thursday nite!...there is a pep-rally to follow the Pot-Luck supper in the gym(????) .....lets all bring someone with us and really show up in full force for our team....lasts weeks rally was great but lets make this one even BETTER...lets have a preview of the crowd that will be there Friday nite...you'd be surprised how much a big turn out means to these boys....and lets not forget the great food!

Edited by Lions4ever

I praise the Lions and Ward but come on know Sauce and Giantor 73 you say it is a classic example of the right coach.How about some players getter older and more experienced. Sauce don't know who you are and don't care but I know 73 and you are a smart boy I thought. 2-8 season with freshmen and sophmores starting leads to 9-1 with Jrs. and Srs. 73 I do believe during the 2-8 year you were a starting center as a sophmore benching your weight at best and by your Sr. year you were bigger and stronger so don't go blaming past coaches for having to play inexperienced,weak underclassmen!! The only thing Camden fans need to worry about is Friday night not what shoulda,coulda,woulda happened in the past!! Go Lions!!

I praise the Lions and Ward but come on know Sauce and Giantor 73 you say it is a classic example of the right coach.How about some players getter older and more experienced.  Sauce don't know who you are and don't care but I know 73 and you are a smart boy I thought.  2-8 season with freshmen and sophmores starting leads to 9-1 with Jrs. and Srs. 73 I do believe during the 2-8 year you were a starting center as a sophmore benching your weight at best and by your Sr. year you were bigger and stronger so don't go blaming past coaches for having to play inexperienced,weak underclassmen!!  The only thing Camden fans need to worry about is Friday night not what shoulda,coulda,woulda happened in the past!!  Go Lions!!

825426422[/snapback]

Thats not what I meant and i am the other big guy from last year. I know they ahve the talent, but without a good coach you arent given the oppurtunity to be good. I meant that Coach Ward made us work hard and that it started paying off this year.

And about the past, I meant that Coach Ward turned around a 2-8 losing record and made it a 6-5 winning record. Thats what i meant. And i never said shoulda woulda or coulda happened. I stated what did happen. And if you know me like you say you do then you should know that I am an easy going guy and dont hold any grudges and dont say anything to make anyone mad and if i did then am sorry. I am not down talking anyone. Cant you let someone give Coach Ward a compliment.

And another thing with the workout program we were under before Coach Ward, everyone was weak and inexperience.

Since you know or should know by now who this is, then who are you.

Edited by gigantor_73

Thats not what I meant and i am the other big guy from last year. I know they ahve the talent, but without a good coach you arent given the oppurtunity to be good. I meant that Coach Ward made us work hard and that it started paying off this year.

And about the past, I meant that Coach Ward turned around a 2-8 losing record and made it a 6-5 winning record. Thats what i meant. And i never said shoulda woulda or coulda happened. I stated what did happen. And if you know me like you say you do then you should know that I am an easy going guy and dont hold any grudges and dont say anything to make anyone mad and if i did then am sorry. I am not down talking anyone. Cant you let someone give Coach Ward a compliment.

And another thing with the workout program we were under before Coach Ward, everyone was weak and inexperience.

Since you know or should know by now who this is, then who are you.

825426703[/snapback]

Dont stress about this guy...he gets on here alot and starts stuff...sounds like a frustrated FORMER player...but all of us know what you were trying to say...it has nothing to do with former talent...it has alot to do with former leadership...Coach Ward just happens to have everyone on the same page and headed in the same direction....its nothing against former players or coaches....so its all good don't worry!

Dont stress about this guy...he gets on here alot and starts stuff...sounds like a frustrated FORMER player...but all of us know what you were trying to say...it has nothing to do with former talent...it has alot to do with former leadership...Coach Ward just happens to have everyone on the same page and headed in the same direction....its nothing against former players or coaches....so its all good don't worry!

825426750[/snapback]

Or a former coach maybe? Who knows... But hey, the Lions have had a great season and I am proud of them! I just hope that they are not satisfied with where they are and keep working towards the goal. thumb

Edited by rcombs