Austin-East 8-Union Co. 0

UCHSPAtriots

it was a very good defensive game.A-E scored in the 4th and w/ a minute and a 1/2 to go Union Co. drove down the field ,but came up short on the 1 yard line on 4th down.And everybody thought A-E was gonna kill Union Co. but they were wrong.Union Co. will be back next year better than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a very good defensive game.A-E scored in the 4th and w/ a minute and a 1/2 to go Union Co. drove down the field ,but came up short on the 1 yard line on 4th down.And everybody thought A-E was gonna kill Union Co. but they were wrong.Union Co. will be back next year better than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!

825419345[/snapback]

This gives all the Region-4 teams hope. If a team with a record like that can be within a score of tying up the game then surely our 4 teams may have a shot at doing the same.

I think you all should check out the rest of these threads on here before you start a new topic which is already on here.

But the AE players knew they weren't going just run wild over UC. They knew they would be in a dog fight. And AE didn't score with a minute and a half left in the game. The score came with 6 minutes left in the game. Come on now, we know the game was close but it wasn't a nail bitter to the final horn.

UC should work on passing the ball more. The running game wasn't working on AE.

I think you all should check out the rest of these threads on here before you start a new topic which is already on here. 

But the AE players knew they weren't going just run wild over UC.  They knew they would be in a dog fight.  And AE didn't score with a minute and a half left in the game.  The score came with 6 minutes left in the game.  Come on now, we know the game was close but it wasn't a nail bitter to the final horn.

UC should work on passing the ball more. The running game wasn't working on AE.

825420395[/snapback]

don't know what you call a nail bitter but uc had the ball inside the 10 late in the game with a chance to take it to overtime. as far as workin on passing game you got to take the talent you got and wse it in teh best interest of your team and i think coach mac did a great job of that thios year. we passed a lot last year but threw a l;ot of passes to the other team and that gets you beat in a hurry.

A nail bitter is what you call going down to the end you have the gutsy feeling of defeat if your boys don't step up. I knew my boys would step up when it counted. I knew that UC running game wasn't working the whole night so I knew if they try to run they would get stop. I knew that A.Mac and the rest of the seniors didn't want their season to end in the 1st round of the playoffs. So like I said, the passing game was open the whole night for UC and they didn't take advantage of it. That's what killed them. AE had a bad game but Defense wins Championships and AE is one step closer to that goal that they set at the beginning of the year.

You're not the only one that's shock. This score here has been the talk of the State. I know AE players and coaches are hearing it. I'm hearing it everyday and it's nothing doing anything but firing up the ROADRUNNERS. They're going to let you know that this season isn't a fluke season. Seymour is coming at the wrong time because AE will be FIRED up!!!

Let's GO AE!!!

Coalfield, a tiny 1A school with an enrollment of 180 students,  played Union County a much better game at UCounty's home field.  It was both teams opening game and Coalfield's staff was very conservative playing on a rainy night.  They won 12-7, but it could have been much worse. :o

825423067[/snapback]

And what's your point? Are you saying Coalfield will beat AE?