Portland (8-3) @ Smith Co. (10-1)

JamieSkeen

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs tonight were at least in complete control of the contest. Punt snap hits the ground, live ball right? I can live with misses. I don't like when refs lose the reigns on the contest though.

825419590[/snapback]

I think the only time you can hit the punter is if you touch the ball. I don't think we did that. I think that was the right call.

I think the only time you can hit the punter is if you touch the ball.  I don't think we did that.  I think that was the right call.

825419592[/snapback]

I belive there are two times you can pumle the punter, If you touch the ball OR.. If the ball touches the ground on the snap, for example.. If a low snap, ball hits ground or, punter drops ball.. You can go brick him..

Thats the way it is in NFL, lol.. HS way different, yes I know. But that rule shouldent matter, HS or NFL..

I belive there are two times you can pumle the punter, If you touch the ball OR.. If the ball touches the ground on the snap, for example.. If a low snap, ball hits ground or, punter drops ball.. You can go brick him..

Thats the way it is in NFL, lol.. HS way different, yes I know. But that rule shouldent matter, HS or NFL..

825419733[/snapback]

I don't think you can hit the punter if the ball hits the ground. If that is so...then why not tee off on the punter every time the ball hits the ground. I wouldn't think that is the rule. The rule is there to protect a defenseless punter. If you don't get a piece of the ball...I don't think you can hit them. Maybe someone knows the rule for sure.

Bring on the Panthers.

825420090[/snapback]

I don't want to get any Smith County fans all upset but here is a discussion I heard at the McMinn vs Smith County game last night.

Smith County fan #1: "Looks like we are gonna play Portland next week."

Smith County fan #2: "Thats gonna be tough."

Smith County fan #1: "Yeah. They might not hand us a win like they did last time."

Smith County fan #3: "I think they have an edge over our boys because they are gonna be mad about the loss."

Smith County fan #2: "Either way Livingston will probably be the last team standing."

Smith County fan #1: "They beat Portland and Trousdale. We beat them 12 to 7 and were d*** lucky to win."

I just wanted to put that out there and don't get mad at me because it was directly quoted from Smith County fans.

I don't want to get any Smith County fans all upset but here is a discussion I heard at the McMinn vs Smith County game last night.

Smith County fan #1: "Looks like we are gonna play Portland next week."

Smith County fan #2: "Thats gonna be tough."

Smith County fan #1: "Yeah. They might not hand us a win like they did last time."

Smith County fan #3: "I think they have an edge over our boys because they are gonna be mad about the loss."

Smith County fan #2: "Either way Livingston will probably be the last team standing."

Smith County fan #1: "They beat Portland and Trousdale. We beat them 12 to 7 and were d*** lucky to win."

I just wanted to put that out there and don't get mad at me because it was directly quoted from Smith County fans.

825420204[/snapback]

Boy...that really makes me think we have no chance. Thanks for that inside info.

After all...how could our small but slow team possibly luck up and beat anybody?

Maybe those fans were transplanted TC fans...the same ones that were writing off TC during the LA game I went to. I heard a similar conversation at your place. :P

Edited by Antwan