Elizabethton vs East

rvd

I really hope that East can stay focused on this game, it would be awesome to see them advance deeper and deeper into the playoffs. Coach Nelson is a great coach, who can coach every single position. I think if East does get a rematch with Tennessee High, it might be a different outcome this time around. PLay like you've played all year, and you will be fine.

825426113[/snapback]

No the outcome would still be the same.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm not a big THS fan but I was at the game between East and THS and I've kept up with the MLC standings and been to alot of the games. Just see if this makes sense, I have heard a lot of talk about people saying that THS hasn't played anybody though but East has the same conference schedule. They played the same opponents and just what if that was the best East could do. Lets look at some of the games. South and East, East won 31-28 and South could have won if they would've had better clock management. South and THS 52-7 no contest. Daniel Boone 12-7 I think this was the score but nontheless it was close. Daniel Boone and THS 54-7 no contest. Elizabethton and East don't remember the score but it was close and Elizabethton would have won if they would have kept running the ball in between the tackles and instead of trying to pass and throwing ints. Elizabethton and THS 35-3 no contest. So hear me out my theory is and I know people in bluff city don't want to hear thiis and probably won't be able to understand this theory but it seems to me just watching and analyzing these scores with common sense. East struggled with the same opponents that THS blew out. here's the equation: Struggle(to the third power) (THS)= THS BLOW OUT over East. East's offensive and defensive lines could not stand up to THS's offensive and defensive lines and if you think I'm wrong look at how much THS rushed the ball for and look at how much total offense East had. I believe East had 59 total yards. So bottom line is that East did the best they could. I was pulling for east in that game so I'm not one of those biased THS fans that' s running off at the mouth on here all the time but to me this is the truth.

Elizabethton is fortunate as of right now they survived week one of the playoffs.

It took cherokees qb 3 quarters to finally wake up with the passing game not to mention why they didnt hand the ball off to the wallace kid he was a stud in the backfield.Elizabethton was very lucky in last weeks football game.Cherokees passing game did not come around till late 3rd quarter they had a touchdown called back and the receiver in the endzone drops a pass that hits him in the chest.

Like I said Elizabethton played a tough game but the score was deceiving then what it should have been the other night.Elizabethtons passing game was pin point

friday night not to mention the Bowers and Blevins kid running extremely well to.

Next weeks task wont be so easy unless Matt Eads doesnt play its hard to replace

a kid who nearly throws over 900 to a 1000 yards every year and has the head on

his shoulders like he does but if he does play Elizabethton will be seeing about a 50

percent Matt Eads.His left hand does play a big part in this game especially him having to scramble out of the pocket of some plays for extra yardage but if not his

receivers and lineman better be stepping up big time or East will be in big trouble.

If you are East they better be prepared for Elizabethton friday night. Everyone knows in the nation who Elizabethton is going to when they pass the ball the Kennedy kid or the Nave kid 85 percent of the time if not him then Atkinson is the

other.Cherokee did a horrible job the other night of not defending the Jeffers kid

from scrambling or stopping the run or passing.Elizabethons backs arent that big

but they know how to run the ball and they can catch the ball that is what makes them so tough when it comes to defending there passing and running there quick.

How to stop Elizabethton from winning Friday night.

1.Put pressure on the Jeffers kid he buckles when the pressure is on Cherokee just

sat back and let him run and pass the other night there for it paid of big.

2.Stick double coverage on the Kennedy kid #15 the majority of Elizabethtons pass

plays goes to him and if you give him the slightest amount of space to catch it he will.

3.Play smash mouth football with there backs it looked like Cherokees linebackers

was trying to dance with Elizabethtons ball carriers the other night when tackling.

4.Contain the Nave kid on defense or he will have a field day in the back field.

How to stop East from winning friday night.

1.Come out ready to pound Eads he can only take so many hits ecspecially with that left hand being injured

2.If your Elizabethon try to cut down on key turnovers.

3.East likes to pass the ball so keep pressure on Eads make them run the ball.

4.Contain Eads from scrambling out of the pocket he is one of the smartest qbs in East Tennessee.

Predictions.If Eads plays a full game and has no problems with the hand then East pulls this one out but thats a big if.Elizabethon is healthy playing great football and

knows how to win football games right now but unless you bring a good game Friday night you will come out with a loss dont forget home field advanatge for East.

Eads is healthy......

East-21

Eliz-14

Not Healthy.....

East-7

Eliz-35

Good luck to both teams because Tennesee High could be the next nightmare for

the winner :(

Edited by JIMA6578

Alot of theories. We all know that Eads is playing. No question about that, so get off of it. The Cyclones win and the Patriots lose. Why? The Patriots are proud to be where they have gotten and are satisfied. The Cyclones are still very hungry, especially for S. East. Not taking anything away from East, they are getting the utmost respect from the Cyclones. They have a good ball club and I am sure they will get after it. Betsy should have won the first game and everyone knows it. Now Cyclones are more determined than they have been all year. The pace will quicken and the hitting will be harder than the Patriots are used to. Back to old school Elizabethton football. You know what I mean there, don't you?? B) Bottom line...... Cylcones want it more and have improved quite a bit since the last meeting on both sides of the ball. Whether Eads is playing or not, won't matter this game.... except he should help it be a bit closer. It is going to be an explosive game to watch. Can't wait!! :lol:

When you say CYCLONE FOOTBALL!!!!!!! you are taking about tradition!!!!!!!! thumb

:unsure: What is the big deal about Elizabethton and this tradition that you speak of? All through the year looking at the Associated Press Player of the Week I would constantly see Elizabethton players either as the player of the week or as receiving an honorable mention for the week. I must have missed something when I saw their second game of the season against THS because I WAS NOT IMPRESSED!!! I've been told that an X-Elizabethton coach is their (AP’s) eyes and ears for this part of the state. If so… that obviously needs to change.

They finished the season where they should have this year in the Mountain Lakes conference…. 4th. I understand that this is a “down” year but what I want to know is when was their last strong showing in the conference?

Elizabethton is fortunate as of right now they survived week one of the playoffs.

It took cherokees qb 3 quarters to finally wake up with the passing game not to mention why they didnt hand the ball off to the wallace kid he was a stud in the backfield.Elizabethton was very lucky in last weeks football game.

Dude, you must have been at the wrong game. Cherokee could not run or pass effectively on the Cyclones. Only a couple of runs over 10 yards, and a total of 65 yds. rushing. 10-28 passing with 2 interceptions. Just don't recognize the game your talking about?? Fortunate? More like dominate. ;)

I dont get why everyone is saying Elizabethton wants this game more than they did the other one. They wanted the other pretty bad to get revenge on the beating East gave them last year at the Patriot field. Yeah this may be a playoff game and they may want it, but I doubt our boys at East are gonna back down after coming this far this year. With or without Matt our boys will play hard and will make Elizabethton play their butts off. They are too dedicated. Plus we got home field advantage.

Matt Eads IS the best athlete in the Mountain Lakes.

I sincerely hope he is ok and is permitted to play on Friday.

By the same token, this young man has a very bright future ahead of him, and I hope

someone around him doen't pressure him into risking permanent damage to that hand.

I believe he hurt that hand after he had scored on Johnson County on a VERY late hit in the endzone. Is this the case ?

Now, if Elizabethton doesn't turn the ball over, and keeps the ball on the edges, as they had great sucess with in their previous match-up, I feel East will have a tough time beating them with or without Eads.

Edited by Mike the Vike

Matt Eads IS the best athlete in the Mountain Lakes.

I sincerely hope he is ok and is permitted to play on Friday.

By the same token, this young man has a very bright future ahead of him, and I hope

someone around him doen't pressure him into risking permanent damage to that hand.

I believe he hurt that hand after he had scored on Johnson County on a VERY late hit in the endzone. Is this the case ?

I too, as does most of Elizabethton, hope that everything is ok with Mr. Eads. I don't doubt the "late hit" causing the injury considering who you were playing. I trully would like to see him on the field but in the same token, I also hope he doesn't reinjure his thumb.

Barn buner coming up in Bluff City. It's kinda like the Cyclones have been sitting on the fence like a vulture waiting for something to kill. :) Should be entertaining, but a game with two class teams and coaches. I believe the mistakes of the first half of the season are over and the cream will rise. thumb