Goodpasture vs. Tyner

Tynerfan99

cant answer that why dont you call my school and ask them and then we can all find out but what does it matter where we are next how bout you worry bout this year or is your season already over and if so then you can go ahead and look at next year but for right now at gp we'll worry bout friday night

825424826[/snapback]

Goodpasture needs to worry about next year because it is rumored that the "ABC" schools will be moving in their region because of the multiplier and the fact that they will play Tyner and Boyd Buchanan in the playoffs from region 3aa

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have noticed is that teams from the east seem to have great class. I also will say that I noticed last year the the kids from Lipscomb had great class when playing Tyner and Alcoa. Last year at the Tyner game I remember that Goodpasture got on us early and we made a couple of adjustments and were able to beat them. The Turner kid is the real deal. Last year it was like having 3-4 D1 players on the field at the same time. They are well coached and disciplined and I don't recall anything classless from Goodpasture. I have heard that their coaches are all fine men. I do worry about the head guy from Lipscomb he is a little over weight. He reminds me a lot of our own Phil Fulmer. Every now and then Goodpasture commits a foolish penalty but it is more out of hustle than not having class.

I wish you pople would discuss your religion and church issues some place else and lets just talk football on here. It is playoff time and Tennessee. Save your personal grudges for another time. Maybe we can all meet at the 50 after the game and go down the street to McDonalds for a cup of coffee after the game. This should be a good one and I am going to pick the Rams by 2.

One thing I have noticed is that teams from the east seem to have great class.  I also will say that I noticed last year the the kids from Lipscomb had great class when playing Tyner and Alcoa.  Last year at the Tyner game I remember that Goodpasture got on us early and we made a couple of adjustments and were able to beat them. The Turner kid is the real deal.  Last year it was like having 3-4 D1 players on the field at the same time.  They are well coached and disciplined and I don't recall anything classless from Goodpasture.  I have heard that their coaches are all fine men. I do worry about the head guy from Lipscomb he is a little over weight.  He reminds me a lot of our own Phil Fulmer.  Every  now and then Goodpasture commits a foolish penalty but it is more out of hustle than not having class.

I wish you pople would discuss your religion and  church issues some place else and lets just talk football on here.  It is playoff time and Tennessee.  Save your personal grudges for another time.  Maybe we can all meet at the 50 after the game and go down the street to McDonalds for a cup of coffee after the game.  This should be a good one and I am going to pick the Rams by 2.

825426150[/snapback]

I disagree they take pride in it being a "Church Of Christ" school. Just like Father Ryan is proud of being a Catholic school. When you’re on that field, the players are representing that school and what it stands for. Just like when you’re in the Military and in another country your taught you are representing the USA and the branch of service you’re in.

If you’re acting like a thug and cussing on the field, you’re not representing a religious school very well. Unless that is the type of kids they recruit to play sports. thumb If a kid can't act accordingly he doesn’t need be on the field.

Edited by rigger101

I am looking at this from both sides. As an educator/coach who has taught in both private and public schools, I can honestly say that most teams that are worth their weight in talent talk trash. Even those that aren't good talent-wise, talk it up. Does that make it right? No! But it is part of competition. I do know that as a coach in a private school, I can't even begin to count the times we told our kids that they represent something much more important. I am at a public school now, and I still tell my kids that. Chances are if kids are saying other teams are talking trash, they probably are. C'est la vie.

try-n-block-me, I assume by your name and your posts, you are a student. I, too, went to a private school. So, I know how standards are raised for private school kids - fair or unfair. All we are asking for is punctuation. You don't even have to use capitalization, just punctuation. Your posts actually might carry some weight if everyone could get past your run-on paragraph. The posts about your education are comical, because it would seem that they are not teaching you anything. The reality is, you are probably a really smart kid. Take pride in what you are doing, and show them your parents' are not wasting their money. You are held to a higher standard, so make the most of it. I know who your English teachers are and they have taught you better than that!

As for the game Friday night, I don't know who is better or who should win. I am pulling for the Cougars. Good luck to both teams.

Well this friday night will be a great game. They are talking about all we do is talk trash. Well is that why when I was talking to some of my friends from Station Camp. They said that the Tyner players were all saying that if Pat starting making plays then they would start taking cheap shots at him. Well yall get on us (goodpasture players) for talking and their players are talking about taking cheap shots before the game even starts. wow! At least ours happens on the field. Talk about class.

Edited by try-n-block-me

One thing I would like to point out is that noone from Tyner has been talking trash about Goodpasture on here. It has been done from people that apparently are not fans of Goodpasture. Tyner is not the type of team to take "cheapshots" at people. We have had no personal fouls called this year. We have had several called against teams we were playing. AND WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD TYNER BE TALKING ABOUT TAKING CHEAP SHOTS AT A TEAM WE WOULD NOT BE PLAYING UNLESS WE BEAT STATION CAMP. I DONT FIND ANY TRUTH IN THAT STORY. There is no reason for us to take cheap shots at that kid. Like last year, we can let him make as many plays as he wants, and still win. This whole thing has been people who dont like Goodpasture talking about Goodpasture, and not Tyner talking about Goodpasture. Tyner's coaching staff does not put up with that type of sportsmanship. The players know that if they cost the team 15 yards for that type of play they would be punished. So please dont he said she said on here about stuff that isnt true.

I will tell you this that Tyner's coach does not allow cheap shots. He does a wonderful job of taking kids from all over the city and blending them into a great team. I hate these kinds of rumors. Let the kids decide the game on the field. Both are great schools with great coaches...I hear the train warming up....choo choo....

As a member of the Church, and for what Goodpasture is supposed to stand for, Coach Martin and the Administration over in Cougar Land should be extremely disappointed in the lack of class that is exhibited by the football team.  The quotes that have been listed are in fact true and not just "hear say".  I have been on the sidelines and have heard them.  The vile language and total lack of class is repulsive.

It's time to get a reign on your team, Coach Martin and Principal Parnell.  If you are unwilling to, then please use the name Goodpasture School instead of Goodpasture Christian School (www.goodpasture.org).  Christian schools don't act the way you do.

825425703[/snapback]

Sounds like the Tyner fans have more faith in their coaches and players. thumb

I will tell you this that Tyner's coach does not allow cheap shots.  He does a wonderful job of taking kids from all over the city and blending them into a great team.  I hate these kinds of rumors.  Let the kids decide the game on the field.  Both are great schools with great coaches...I hear the train warming up....choo choo....

825426936[/snapback]

...You are so right about the above statement...Every one of the coaches(including the assistants who work pro bono) are outstanding men who have done excellent over a long period of time to build and maintain this program throughout the years!!!