Smyrna vs. Riverdale

bulldog12

I really hate that kind of stuff. Maybe this one is the new real rivalry around instead of Oakland/Riverdale or Smyrna/Lavergne?? It appears that these two teams absolutely hate one another.

825430266[/snapback]

actually, smyrna has always been this way. They try to start fights with every team that they play and I believe it is actually supported by their coaching staff. Here's a story for you guys. At a Coffee Co. vs. Smyrna freshman game in 2000, I was working the chains and was on the smryna sideline. It was a tight game and on a particular play, one of Coffee's players unintenionally knocked a the smyrna qb down late. That smyrna sideline went absolutely nuts and I heard one of the coaches say in plain english tell his players when the def. went on to the field,"I better see some broken legs!" followed by much cursing. Smyrna has always been classless and I believe that attitude trickles down from the top of the totum pole.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

While I amy have agreed with you in the past about Smyrna, this team this year was not that way. They had a totally different attitude to them this year, and I liked it. BTW, they beat us....so shouldn'tt I be carrying on about cheap shots and the like according to your theory?????? I can say that last night's game took on a whole new meaning of cheap shots on both sides.

it was a good game.. cheap shots and the fight just took away from it..

here is something to think about.. put johnson and orona on the riverdale team and they would be UNSTOPPABLE.. dang that would be awesome.. oh well.. good luck to johnson at UT and orona wherever he goes.. good luck to the warriors against CHS..

GO WARRIORS

I think we need to look at the fantastic things those kids have done the past several months, both Smyrna and Riverdale instead of focusing on the little trash talk they have done the past week.

They started their work outs back last winter (lifting) and when summer came around and we were enjoying a nice vacation at the beach they were at school working out again. After dead period they went back to working out and when school started back up they were there from 8 am until 7 pm every day which is 11 hours . On Fridays they were there from 8am until 11 pm which is a total of 15 hours. That gives them a total of 59 hours at work. For what? For us (fans), schools, parents, pride and a little piece of the pie (bragging rights of the best in TN). I know a lot of us have worked that many hours at work but never for no pay or for the goodness of our heart. So what the kids talked a little trash about eachother? Look at the examples they have, T. Owens, W. Sapp. R. Lewis and so on.

As for coaches on the sideline cursing and such, I am not sure that is a true statement to make but I will tell you something, all the coaches of those teams spend a lot of time with the kids, they are tired, maybe something slipped out. I refuse to believe that anything was intentional, if it really happen. Some of those coaches leave their family on the backburner for the athletes and they do their best. They should be commented not persecuted by people. They do try hard day in and day out so they can put a show for us on Friday night.

Guest region4fan

No I wasn't there. I listened on the radio and they were discussing it on there. I have also talked to parents from rdale and parents from Smyrna and drew my conclusion from all of the above.

actually, smyrna has always been this way.  They try to start fights with every team that they play and I believe it is actually supported by their coaching staff.  Here's a story for you guys.  At a Coffee Co. vs. Smyrna freshman game in 2000, I was working the chains and was on the smryna sideline.  It was a tight game and on a particular play, one of Coffee's players unintenionally knocked a the smyrna qb down late. That smyrna sideline went absolutely nuts and  I heard one of the coaches say in plain english tell his players when the def. went on to the field,"I better see some broken legs!" followed by much cursing.  Smyrna has always been classless and I believe that attitude trickles down from the top of the totum pole.

825431235[/snapback]

Geesh Fanatic, CC has done many of the same things over the years and started many fights. Most of the time, you lost them.

I didn't get to go to the game because I had to work, but hearing about the fight and some Smyrna players wanting to fight after the game does not suprise me.

In 2001, I played LB against them in a j.v. game. One of their receivers had the ball thrown to him and while he was in the air, I hit him really hard, making him flip in the air and lose the ball. He didn't get up for a few minutes. Later in the game, I asked him if he was alright and he started cussing me out and told me he was going to kill me. The scrawny little wimp kept trying to take cheap shots on me the rest of the night, but I continued knocking the crap out of him. After the game, we were leaving the field and he was hollering at me to come fight him in the endzone. I couldn't help but laugh at him.