Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville better play a lot better than they did Friday night against WCHS. Lebanon may score alot just blocking your punts if you don't start blocking for your punter (WCHS had 1 blocked for a TD and I believe they tipped a second one but it still went about 20-25 yards; there were about 3 others that were just missed).

Cookeville looked extremely vulnerable against the pass. That was easily the best I have ever seen Wilson Central pass on anyone other than possibly Siegel. Unfortunately for Central, their receivers were "Drew Bennettized." Lebanon is definetly a much better passing team than us, so Cookeville's secondary better sure up.

Edited by Wilson Central Dogg

You guys are all talking about the Lebanon offense vs. the Cookeville defense. Well let me take you for another approach. If somehow Lebanon does score 28,35, or 42 points I would wager that the game will still be within 10 points and not necessarily with Lebanon on top. There was alot of talk about how Wilson Centrals D was so good and had held everybody under 25 points except Riverdale or something like that. Then the Cavs throw up 36 with almost 100 yds from Paxton and like 140 through the air by Ledford. Lebanon maybe averaging 45 points a game but Cookeville is at like 33 the past 4 games with the second string in for most of the 4th quarter. You guys all think that Cookeville can't stop the Devils well WATCH OUT. It might be the other way around. Joslin is the best defensive coach in the state and has the ability almost himself to line a team up in formation and just plain stop a high powered offense just like what is comming in to town on Friday night. But little do people know he also has a nact for crazy formations and plays to throw at a defense. This will most deffinately be a VERY close game comming down to the final quarter testing which team is more conditioned and which one has more heart and determination. I give the nod to Cookeville in this one because of homefield in the playoffs, the act of revenge which will be carried out, and Joslins ability to fire a team up and to stop a high powered offense.

CHS-28 (Interception by Hennigan on the 1 with 1:00 left stopping the go ahead TD, then a 50 yd Paxton run followed by a 50 yd TD pass by Ledford for the final score with time running out)

LHS-20

Cookeville moves on to tackle the mamouth Riverdale in Murfreesboro in the third round!

lebanon's D has proven themselves this season and i think that's why there hasn't been much talk about them. they held riverdale to only 21 offensive points. and held the midstate's leading rusher jake nunley to just over 100 yards. the starters held him to around 70. they also have been forcing more turnovers in the second half of the season than any lebanon D i have seen in a long time. they even shut down cookeville in the second half last game. i think the key match up will be lebanon's O against a fast cookeville D that handed it to them last game.

Hey no kidding yal held him just over 100 yd yards what a coincidence we did to. Except we did that in week 2 and now both offense and defense are clicking for both teams and with a much worse defense last year we held Riverdale to 28 points and ask anyone who was at that game with a much worse team last year Cookeville had multiple chances to win. Joslin is the difference in this game. He is a football genius

Hey no kidding yal held him just over 100 yd yards what a coincidence we did to.  Except we did that in week 2 and now both offense and defense are clicking for both teams and with a much worse defense last year we held Riverdale to 28 points and ask anyone who was at that game with a much worse team last year Cookeville had multiple chances to win.  Joslin is the difference in this game.  He is a football genius

825421584[/snapback]

you also gave up 13 offensive points to a really bad offensive team at WC. nunley had maybe 70 yards on Lebanon's starters last week.

i don't know much abot CHS's coach. does he have any rings with former teams???

where else has he coached?

I believe everyone here can agree that both teams have improved since they met early in the season. This should be a very close game from start to finish. A big play, turnover, etc. should decide this one.

I don't subscribe to the idea of comparing common opponents. Each game is a different experience and there are too many intangibles in football to accurate compare performances.

I do know that there is no love lost between these two teams. The Cavs have the motivation of revenge, but the Devils have the confidence of knowing they can beat this team. I have heard Joslin is a good coach, but I can attest to the fact that Booby Brown is as well.

Lebanon's heralded O-line was overwhelmed by the CHS defense for much of the night. I believe if the boys up front can continue the play of the last several weeks and open holes for Johnson, Lebanon will win this game. The question is, can they be successful enough with the pass to open up the run and keep the D honest?

LHS did little to stop Paxton before. If they can stop him, I think the Devil secondary is up to the task.

I know little about Cookeville. From a Lebanon perspective, I can say that this Blue Devil team seems to be special. They have flown in the face of conventional wisdom all season. They weren't supposed to outgain Riverdale 2-1. They weren't supposed to beat Smyrna. Thery certainly weren't supposed to put up 71 against Coffee Co.. Despite a reputation for folding in clutch games, this team has defied prediction.

The city of Lebanon (and I hope Wilson County and the rest of Region 4) is behind you. Do what you're capable of doing. I know you can.

My pick:

Lebanon 31

Cookeville 28

Long Jacob Lee FG wins it in the closing seconds (for you, Shaggy :D )