Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has scored more than 28 points on the Cavalier defense all season. Those 28 points came in week 2 as well. Cookeville's defense has GREATLY improved since then. Since week five, the most they've allowed is 21 and 68 total points in six games. Not all of those were score on the defense either. This game will be much closer than that.

Cookeville will have to come out with a purpose unlike they did against WC last night.  the first half on defense was extremely sloppy, but the guys will be fired up at getting a chance to avenge their only loss of the year.  what happened in the Lebanon- Cofee Co. game?  did lebanon's offense just play perfectly or did cofee co's defense just lay down?  did lebanon run up the score, or did coffee co. play that bad, as to let them score 71 points?

825420515[/snapback]

Lebanon did not run up the score. CC was a overated 6-4 team.

Nobody has scored more than 28 points on the Cavalier defense all season.  Those 28 points came in week 2 as well.  Cookeville's defense has GREATLY improved since then.  Since week five, the most they've allowed is 21 and 68 total points in six games.  Not all of those were score on the defense either.  This game will be much closer than that.

825420500[/snapback]

It the playoffs now. things are different. lebanon is on a roll with its offense.

yeah now that it is playoff time there is no reason to hold back on offense or defense. if you can score 70, do it. all it will do is make a team respect your offense for the next game. coach brown has the offense clicking right now and its exciting to hear about. if anyone has or hasnt noticed, lebanon was ranked 8th out of all classifications in the tennessean today...cookeville 3rd. thats amazing considering the fact that no one really even likes our team except us. i hope we can play up to the expectations of the news guys. i bet it feels good to the players to actually be respected. anymore news on college looks to lhs or chs players? anyone signed scholarships anywhere? that is one area that lebanon needs to improve on. when i played we had tons of talent and none of our premiere players went to the next level. that needs to change even though lebanon generally doesnt have exceptional size.

GO DEVILS

i would like to ask those of you who have predicted a lebanon blowout a few questions.......Where did you come up with this?.....Have u ever been to cookeville on a friday night?.....Do you know how bad cookeville wants this game? (not just to move on, but also to avenge the earlier loss in which, i might add, cookeville played well enough to win, but came up short somehow.) Either way, this game will NOT , be a blowout!!!

one more thing,

GO CAVS!!

Edited by Alumn89

Lebanon has the better football team in my opinion, but how can you count out Cookeville. When their backs have been against the wall, they have responded with nothing but success. I think Lebanon wins but I don't see how this will be a blowout. Cookeville has too much pride and I don't expect them to turn the ball over eight times like Coffee County. Lebanon 27-22.

i would like to ask those of you who have predicted a lebanon blowout a few questions.......Where did you come up with this?.....Have u ever been to cookeville on a friday night?.....Do you know how bad cookeville wants this game? (not just to move on, but also to avenge the earlier loss in which, i might add, cookeville played well enough to win, but came up short somehow.)  Either way, this game will NOT , be a blowout!!!

one more thing,

GO CAVS!!

825420922[/snapback]

i have been in cookeville on a friday night in a lebanon uniform and came out on the losing end. i never understood how our speed and talent could lose to cookeville but those kids want it bad. i believe lebanon will pull it out, but dont count those cavs out. they used to have the smallest db's and receivers but would still find a way to pull out a win against us. go devils but beware.

lhs 35

chs 10

lebanon is clicking