Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

You guys are all talking about the Lebanon offense vs. the Cookeville defense.  Well let me take you for another approach.  If somehow Lebanon does score 28,35, or 42 points I would wager that the game will still be within 10 points and not necessarily with Lebanon on top.  There was alot of talk about how Wilson Centrals D was so good and had held everybody under 25 points except Riverdale or something like that.  Then the Cavs throw up 36 with almost 100 yds from Paxton and like 140 through the air by Ledford.  Lebanon maybe averaging 45 points a game but Cookeville is at like 33 the past 4 games with the second string in for most of the 4th quarter.  You guys all think that Cookeville can't stop the Devils well WATCH OUT.  It might be the other way around.  Joslin is the best defensive coach in the state and has the ability almost himself to line a team up in formation and just plain stop a high powered offense just like what is comming in to town on Friday night.  But little do people know he also has a nact for crazy formations and plays to throw at a defense.  This will most deffinately be a VERY close game comming down to the final quarter testing which team is more conditioned and which one has more heart and determination.  I give the nod to Cookeville in this one because of homefield in the playoffs, the act of revenge which will be carried out, and Joslins ability to fire a team up and to stop a high powered offense.

CHS-28 (Interception by Hennigan on the 1 with 1:00 left stopping the go ahead TD, then a 50 yd Paxton run followed by a 50 yd TD pass by Ledford for the final score with time running out)

LHS-20

Cookeville moves on to tackle the mamouth Riverdale in Murfreesboro in the third round!

825421546[/snapback]

Hehe. Cookeville only losing by 41 to Riverdale would be a victory for them (Or anyone) :D

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PatriotPosse, do us all a favor and don't post on this thread anymore. You obviously have no clue about Coach Joslin. I look for this to be a good game..for those who say Cookeville needs to play better this week...no kiddin. I think the players and the staff might have that figured out. I wish the Cavs the best of luck this week and I know they will leave it all on the field.

To shaggy

If you want to talk about points given up we can do that. You gave up 27 to a pathetic Oakland team and 21 to an even worse siegel team and if you were at the WC game which u probably werent judging by your partiality to Lebanon then you saw a fumble by a second team running back taken back 70 yds with the offense only having 10 or so yds to go and you also didnt see WC recover a fumble on the CHS 15 only to get no points out of it when they could have went up 21-7 but the defense held. And I know you remember last time when Cookevilles offense outscored LHS 14-10. And I keep telling yal that this game will come down to the Lebanon D vs the Cookeville O. You guys are over thinking the importance of the other match up which important none the less will not be bigger than the other because Lebanons offense can only take place if they are on the field and are going to have to deal with the kind of field position that their D gives them. So watch out BIG TIME for this match up

To my fellow DOGG

Thank you so much for regailing us with the score of your derailing by Riverdale which was just as you said 41 them, you just failed to mention you got shutout in there as well. However you do not have Coach J on your sidelines who can design a whole playbook just for 1 team and if the Cavs get by Lebanon which I think they will come to that game in the boro and see just what kind of a genius he is and watch that game be extremely close!

We at Wilson Central know how good Cookvilles defense can be, and Lebanon CAN score 42,35, or 28 points against you.  GO REGION 4 AND GO WILSON COUNTY!!

825421485[/snapback]

Thank you Wilson Central for the support of Lebanon's team! We at Lebanon were rooting for you Friday night because we wanted to see our neighbor do well.

The WHOLE crowd cheered when it was announced you were winning!

Guest region4fan

While I highly respect Joslin and think he is one of the best defensive minds ever, he has been a baby at several games that I have witnessed. One against OHS in the playoffs a few yrs back stands out in my mind. It was ridiculous and he has held a grudge against Oakland since then. I have also seen threads on here that have discussed the same.In fact one wasfrom the Lebanon game earlier in the season.

Again, I think the man is a genius, but he needs to show a bit more composure on the field.

Shaggs, I wouldn't brag about getting flagged fro 613 yds or whatever that was. That definitely shows lack of discipline, and they better work hard on that this week.

Oakland has never been nor ever will be pathetic..............so the bum that said that needs to get a life, dog11......how dare you use the sacred #11??!!!

Well it's the Cookeville Cav no respect show again on Coach T. As in many games this year the Cavs are the underdog. And probably rightly so after their first round performance. The Cavs were as non prepared as any game this season. The offensive play calling was terrible- 2 up the middle and long incomplete pass. Or 3 incomplete passes and then punt.(Or hopefully punt-our punting team needs a lesson in blocking, longsnapper needs a lesson in longsnapping, and punter needs a lesson in punting).

The Cav secondary wouldn't come up and defend the short pass and on offense if the quarterback is not throwing then it's handoff to Paxton. Everyone knows now that Paxton is going to get the ball about every play. Lebanon will be keying on him so the Cav coaches better throw in some wrinkles. We have some other backs but for some reason they never get to touch the ball much!

As far as Lebanon is concerned they definitely have big MO in their favor but it's kinda surprising that their elite come on here popping off about their greatness, when they are about as much of a stranger to the playoffs as the Cavs are.

I thought I might have to change my name from "disgustedfan" to "optimisticfan" but after last weeks performance disgust has settled in again.

I hope Cookeville wins but if we don't make some changes and throw in some new stuff we could get beaten like a drum!!!!

Edited by disgustedfan

Guest region4fan

The amusing thing is that Shaggy was the only guy on here consistently from last season to this one. He has valiantly fought for these guys thru all kinds of assaults on these boards. He has stuck with them every single game.The others are BANDWAGON......yes, Shaggs that WAS a compliment from ME!

Oh region if you could only see that man on a practice field. I have never seen a single man more determined to get everything he can out of every single one of his players and every one of those players would do just that and in the games when he gets so emotional he is just doing the same as he wants all that hard work and blood and sweat to stand for something and not just be thrown away. And I am not dissing Oakland in any way I have a lot of friends that go there and I respect all their sports programs. But if you seem to think that Oakland is still the mountain that they once were in FOOTBALL mind you(and i do know that they are still superior in many other sports thats why I am talking about football) then maybe it is you who needs to get a life. Because if im not mistaken I don't think Cookeville has had a losing season since Coach J has been there(disgusted or longsnapper will have to confirm that cus im not sure) but nevertheless going 2-8 isnt exactly helping your statement.

And who said it was the number 11...maybe it means being number 1 on two different occations...didnt think about that did you. And whats up with calling me a bum...that however is typical of an unhappy Oakland fan to resort to calling people names over the internet. This topic is talking about a football game and not the individuals behind the screen names so why don't you stick to that.

Guest region4fan

Oh dog, you have made me run for cover with your harsh words. I am not worried about my Patriots. We will be just fine.Our numbers are back up, and our talent level as well. We have superior coaches and wonderful parents. Plus we have fans like myself and oakland that believe with every fiber in our bodies that OHS will rise to power once again and be a force. This is the first year in a LONG time that we didn't make the playoffs. We have honor and tradition on our side at OHS......plus we have plenty of coaches who have earned rings and not just at OHS. Nothing you will say can crush or waver my support for this team, as I know I will be the one laughing next fall!!

Again, I have the utmost respect for Joslin's coaching ability. I have said it many times before nad have defended him. Search my posts and you will see that I have......but I don't think you have had a winning season every yr that he has been there.Best of luck this week to you and the Cavs!

Geez man cool off. Im not trying to make you dislike your own team so I dont know where you got that from. Im just stating that you had a bad season and are not as good as previous years. And once again putting words into my computer mouth who said I was laughing at you. I was simply using Oakland as an example to show that Lebanons D is going to have trouble with the Cookeville offense then you go and get all defensive and personal on me. Take a relax pill my friend. And no offense at all on this one but in a football aspect I think that the honour and tradition are shifting to a team in region 3 who has won their region 2 out of the last 3 years. Not to say that you are lossing any, because Im sure you will try to put some more words in my mouth Im just saying that the Cookeville program is finally gaining some. And Im sure you know the hard facts about what Im about to say but in like the next 5 years Murfreesboro will have I think it is 3 new schools or something like that so the numbers may be up now so you must cherrish them because it will not be that way for much longer. And as the boro breaks apart and Cookeville continues to grow and get stronger and is able to compete with more and more competitive teams the tide is about to shift. And remember Cookeville will probably move out of their district in all sports next year and CHS will probably be in the top 2 in all sports in their new district so from here on out Oakland will have to make it a good way in the postseason to even have a shot at any Cookeville team.

Guest Oakland
Geez man cool off.  Im not trying to make you dislike your own team so I dont know where you got that from.  Im just stating that you had a bad season and are not as good as previous years.  And once again putting words into my computer mouth who said I was laughing at you.  I was simply using Oakland as an example to show that Lebanons D is going to have trouble with the Cookeville offense then you go and get all defensive and personal on me.  Take a relax pill my friend.  And no offense at all on this one but in a football aspect I think that the honour and tradition are shifting to a team in region 3 who has won their region 2 out of the last 3 years.  Not to say that you are lossing any, because Im sure you will try to put some more words in my mouth Im just saying that the Cookeville program is finally gaining some.  And Im sure you know the hard facts about what Im about to say but in like the next 5 years Murfreesboro will have I think it is 3 new schools or something like that so the numbers may be up now so you must cherrish them because it will not be that way for much longer.  And as the boro breaks apart and Cookeville continues to grow and get stronger and is able to compete with more and more competitive teams the tide is about to shift.  And remember Cookeville will probably move out of their district in all sports next year and CHS will probably be in the top 2 in all sports in their new district so from here on out Oakland will have to make it a good way in the postseason to even have a shot at any Cookeville team.

825421904[/snapback]

hate to dissapoint you but the boro isnt planning on building any high schools anytime soon. the next will be built in almaville. but no matter how many schools they build in the boro, the high schools will be strong in every sport, rivaling and even exceeding cookeville thumb