BRENTWOOD VS. RAVENWOOD

midTENNfball

Jennings seems to have an Achillies Heel. If you get to him early, rushing both ends, and your people are athletic enough to contain, he doesn't have time to find anyone. If you let him float toward a sideline unpursued or have a seem, that's when he gets you. Austen Everson was like that only he was too athletic to contain.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know what to think about this game. Heck, I don't know what to think about any of these playoff games anymore. Brentwood's got the experience edge, the revenge edge, the "let's not go out there and play bad football and get it handed to us again" edge. They've got better coaching, and I think that's the key. You gotta be real good to up and beat Ron Crawford for a second time in a season (thus why I'm glad we didn't win in the regular season :) I know, I know, that's looking too far ahead for both of us) so I just don't see it happening.

Brentwood 28

Ravenwood 13

If Ravenwood applies pressure that they exemplified in the first game it will be tough for the Bruins to come out on top. Down one lineman (Hanks) need someone to step in for his poistion on both sides of the ball. This is will be a closer game then the last one. Bruins will come out with much more fire and emotion in this one.

Brentwood- 17

Ravenwood- 10

Brentwood traditionally is very strong against the run and does a great job of mixing up their offense between run and pass. Their only real weakness has come aginst west coast style offenses. The two losses last year to Franklin and the loss to Ravenwood. Smyrna to a lessor degree because they had that quick back.

Bringing the LBs instead of dropping them in coverage seemed to be a key for Franklin's success with Jennings. Quite frankly, we should have done more of it against the Bruins.

The other part is the mental game. Bruins seem to shoot themselves in the foot at all the wrong times. They made few if any mistakes against Franklin this year as compared to last, and not nearly as many as they made agaist Ravenwood and Smyrna.

Bring the Backers and Bring your "A" game and the Bruins will run away with this one!

Edited by BigDogDaddy