Greenbrier vs Marshall Co.

Touchdown4Bobcats

Enjoy the game because Greenbrier is on a mission now. Marshall, Crockett, and SS have similar size defenses....if the Gb line is able to block SS....they won't have to throw. Take it from me...GB can throw the ball and is very effective with it.

SS has no way to measure the size and strength of this Gb team....unless someone in region 6 is huge strong and quick....and has a Mr. Football in the backfield.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

region 6 will represent itself well next friday. southsides front 4 is small, greenbrier will have an advantage there, but they won't be able to break any long runs against southsides defense. they are very, very fast.

herndon will have trouble getting 100 yards, if he does it will be on at least 25 carries. can aldridge throw 100% now, or is he still feeling the effects of the injury?

that being said, southside is hit or miss on offense, so this is anyones game.

good luck to both teams. my team is out, so i am gonna stay off anyones bandwagon.

Edited by jshanes

The 12th man won this game for Greenbrier. The turning point of tonights game was a total screw up by the zebra's. I'm not making excuses but until the ref's gave Greenbrier a completed pass to a member of the coaching staff this was a pretty even game.

There was no reason for Grenbrier not to win this game tonite. Marshall County gave up the ball way to many times and was unable to stop Roger Herndon in the second half. All good backs get it going in the second half and tonite was no exception.

Marshall County took a spanking tonite from a very good Greenbrier team. Best of Luck next week against Jackson SS and show Region 6 how football is played in Middle Tennessee.

Edited by mctigersportsfan

I play for Mont. Central and we played Southside they are a good football team but we made them look alot better then what they were. They have a fast flying defense. A pretty good defensive line that has a quick,short,stocky, kid that t's off every play. The other is the one I blocked he is #74 about 300lbs. 6'2. He is pretty tough and he likes to jump when the other team passes. The linebackers are ok nuthin great. The offense is a lot of quick handoffs up the middle, traps, g's. The quarterback is prolly there glue for the team. He will take over a game if he has too. He is pretty quick but if u dont let him get out in the open Greenbrier will be fine. Good Luck to Greenbrier yall are a great football team. Are there any greenbriers players on this board?

I made all region for Central and just wanted to know who made it on Greenbrier

again yall are a great team and I wish yall the best of luck. Not only are you a great team yall are very classy when we played eachother. Yall were gentlemen.

Good luck

The 12th man won this game for Greenbrier.  The turning point of tonights game was a total screw up by the zebra's. I'm not making excuses but until the ref's gave Greenbrier a completed pass to a member of the coaching staff this was a pretty even game.

There was no reason for Grenbrier not to win this game tonite. Marshall County gave up the ball way to many times and was unable to stop Roger Herndon in the second half. All good backs get it going in the second half and tonite was no exception.

Marshall County took a spanking tonite from a very good Greenbrier team. Best of Luck next week against Jackson SS and show Region 6 how football is played in Middle Tennessee.

825430199[/snapback]

First off, let me give congrats to the Greenbrier Bobcats. They are a great team that has improved immensely over the last two or three years. They have the ability to go for it all and I believe they will. Their fate is in their own hands and not only Greenbrier but the White House community and Robertson County is rooting them on.

In response to the article I read from Marshall County Gazette, I have to wonder what this reporter will say now? I agree that he seems like he is saying whatever sounds good to Marshall County readers. I wasn't there tonight (too busy watching my Blue Devils beat Overton), but a friend of mine that has kids at Greenbrier was telling me about the game and the play that is referenced here. Okay, say we take away one disputed completed pass to the Bobcats....please, explain to me how anyone could justify a 35 to 0 score with one wrong call? The score wasn't 7-0 and that one pass made all the difference, was it? You may say it's not an excuse, but it just doesn't fly when Greenbrier had FIVE touchdowns and Marshall County had NONE.

First off, let me give congrats to the Greenbrier Bobcats.  They are a great team that has improved immensely over the last two or three years.  They have the ability to go for it all and I believe they will.  Their fate is in their own hands and not only Greenbrier but the White House community and Robertson County is rooting them on.

In response to the article I read from Marshall County Gazette, I have to wonder what this reporter will say now?  I agree that he seems like he is saying whatever sounds good to Marshall County readers.  I wasn't there tonight (too busy watching my Blue Devils beat Overton), but a friend of mine that has kids at Greenbrier was telling me about the game and the play that is referenced here.  Okay, say we take away one disputed completed pass to the Bobcats....please, explain to me how anyone could justify a 35 to 0 score with one wrong call?  The score wasn't 7-0 and that one pass made all the difference, was it?  You may say it's not an excuse, but it just doesn't fly when Greenbrier had FIVE touchdowns and Marshall County had NONE.

825430264[/snapback]

OK, let me make one point very clear...the best football team won tonight &

won going away. Greenbrier showed why they were region champions with a

strong second half, talking advantages of the breaks they were presented

like a championship ballclub is supposed to. 35-0 says a lot.

Did that one horrendous, horrible, terrible, bonehead call cost Marshall County

the game? Nope, not when it ends up 35-0. But what it did do at the time it

occured was take a lot of wind out of the Tigers sails and they quickly sunk to

rock bottom after pretty much playing Greenbrier even until that point.

What is crucial in that type of situation is how a team responds to adversity, &

unfortunately for the Tigers and their fans, they didn't respond well at all.

Herndon followed up the blown call with a big gain to inside the five and GB was

in the endzone right after that. MC then fumbled away the next kickoff, GB

scored again and that was all she wrote.

MC made far too many mistakes to win against a very good club like Greenbrier.

The Bobcats are talented & determined and that's a pretty potent combination.

I love how they feed off each other & I love how Herndon runs hard each time he

touches the football. I truly believe they are headed to the 'Boro.

But surely one of the many GB fans on here will fess up & admit that was a really

bad call on the completed ?? pass to Tucker. Still think GB wins, but it would have

been a whole lot closer game. As for the line judge who made the call, he ought

to have to do nothing but watch film for a year to understand what a completed pass really is. He hadn't a clue tonight.

Edited by tigerman

OK, let me make one point very clear...the best football team won tonight &

won going away. Greenbrier showed why they were region champions with a

strong second half, talking advantages of the breaks they were presented

like a championship ballclub is supposed to. 35-0 says a lot.

Did that one horrendous, horrible, terrible, bonehead call cost Marshall County

the game? Nope, not when it ends up 35-0. But what it did do at the time it

occured was take a lot of wind out of the Tigers sails and they quickly sunk to

rock bottom after pretty much playing Greenbrier even until that point.

What is crucial in that type of situation is how a team responds to adversity, &

unfortunately for the Tigers and their fans, they didn't  respond well at all.

Herndon followed up the blown call with a big gain to inside the five and GB was

in the endzone right after that. MC then fumbled away the next kickoff, GB

scored again and that was all she wrote.

MC made far too many mistakes to win against a very good club like Greenbrier.

The Bobcats are talented & determined and that's a pretty potent combination.

I love how they feed off each other & I love how Herndon runs hard each time he

touches the football. I truly believe they are headed to the 'Boro.

But surely one of the many GB fans on here will fess up & admit that was a really

bad call on the completed ?? pass to Tucker. Still think GB wins, but it would have

been a whole lot closer game. As for the line judge who made the call, he ought

to have to do nothing but watch film for a year to understand what a completed pass really is. He hadn't a clue tonight.

825430371[/snapback]

I'll readily agree with you tiger. I just watched it on video for a few times and all that I can figure is that the ref was blocked on the play and must have turned his head or something at the end. It was not even close to a catch. I'll also give you credit for recognizing that it didn't make the deciding difference in the game. This play gave GB a 1st down at around the 40. The resulting score put Greenbrier up 14 to 0 with most of the entire 2nd half remaining. Costly TOs is what seemed to take the life out of MC.

Blown calls are a part of the game. I wonder how many yards that Greenbrier has lost this year with the spotting of the ball? It would be huge. We all see holding or virtually every play but it's usually missed. Greenbrier was in position to score after the opening KO and MC fumble. Herndon gets a nice gain but it's brought back by a hold. I've just watched the play 10 times and I haven't seen it yet. Bad calls go both ways..........

I'll second that motion on the "catch". It was right in front of me when it happened and all of us in my area couldn't believe it. NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a catch. Bobbled it the whole time.

I am just glad it did not end up being the deciding factor. And, as NoDoubt said, the "holding" call that prevented us from scoring early in the 1st Qtr didn't exist either.

All told, I was very impressed with MC's power offense in the first half. But, the defense did a great job of not allowing them to punch it in. And, once we went up by two scores, MC had to abandon the power running game and go back to the spread offense. And, that is when we really started to dominate defensively.

Personally, I think we play better against athletic teams than against teams that play power football. I may be crazy with that opinion, but it just seems to be the way we have done this year. That is why I think we will have a good chance to upset Austin-East or Fulton if we make it to the Championship game.

southside is a little tougher than marshall, trust me.  their defense flys to the ball.  greenbrier better have some pass to go with the run, or it will be a long night if southside can sit on the run. 

should be a good game, i am taking the 15 mile trip to jackson next friday.

825430118[/snapback]

I think you may be right, jshanes. We will probably have to pass to win any playoff game from here on out. AND, we did that successfully last night.

The run was being shut down all throughout the first half. Then, we hit a couple of pass plays and it was all down hill from there the rest of the game.

Most people perceive us to be one dimensional. But, our passing game is effective enough to burn those who cram 9 or more in "the box". We have done that most of the season!

First off, let me give congrats to the Greenbrier Bobcats.  They are a great team that has improved immensely over the last two or three years.  They have the ability to go for it all and I believe they will.  Their fate is in their own hands and not only Greenbrier but the White House community and Robertson County is rooting them on.

Thanks, WH. Looks each of us are the only teams left to represent Sumner and Robertson County. We've GOT to finish this off by going to Murfreesboro. It would be something to always remember if we went to the Murfreesboro alongside the only team to defeat us this year. Let's go Greenbrier and White House!

And thanks to all the other supporters that were there last night. I saw people with Jo Byrns, Gallatin, Page and Springfield. We even had some Marshall County relatives sitting on our side. :o The team support was awesome last night. As cold as it was, the Greenbrier crowd was rocking! It's time to pull out the noisemakers people, and I noticed some new ones last night.

To our boys on the team. You make us SO proud. Your demeanor on the field and off makes me know that even when football is over that you will go on to great things. It was sad for me on the ride home last night to realize that was the LAST game on that field for the Seniors. What great memories you will have. When I hear that music start up with something like "we don't let anybody come into our house and push us around..." remember you've held that tradition. Undefeated at home and going to the quarterfinals. You guys are the greatest.

Greenbrier will be behind you. WE BELIEVE!

I would first like to say sorry about the post earlier yesterday someone got on my screenname and wrote post. THree reasons i would have never done that so you know it wasnt me was: 1st i am a bobcat fan so why would i say screw the bobcats? 2nd i have alot of respect for sycamore and would never call them a sissy team. And 3rd they wrote some kid by the name of shclesky???? I have no idea who that is noone on the greenbrier team goes by that name so obviously this was someone writing on my screenname. So again i would like to say sorry if that post offended anyone, but it was not me!

Good game last night to the bobcats you all played well just like i knew you would. Work hard this week and get ready to go to southside.