TN High Schools with most NFL Talent

biglon68

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Clifton played 4 westview then the vols now at the packers, also will ofenhousle played 4 the vols and went as an undrafted free agent to the jets, and justin harrell who plays 4 the vols will likely be a high pick in the draft in 2 yrs if he stays healthy (all from westview) thumb

825423883[/snapback]

Ofenheusle was in training camp better did not make the team. I like this Harrell kid, has potential to be a great on for the Vols!

Great topic!!

Just to add to the criteria, how many of these have a super bowl ring?  The only one I know of is Shelton Quarrels with Tampa Bay (Vanderbilt/ Whites Creek).  But I am sure that there are more.

825423411[/snapback]

Bill Bates from Farragut has 3 Super Bowl Rings 1993, 1994 and 1996 with Dallas

Dallas has been kind to a few Tennesseans, Ed "Too Tall" Jones from Jackson Central-Merry has one ring (1978), Joe Fishback from Austin-East has one (1994), I've seen Joe's ring, man it's incredible! Ron Widby from Knox Fulton has one (1972), D.D. Lewis from Knox Fulton and Mike Hegman from Memphis Northside also played for Dallas in the 1978 Super Bowl. Cory Fleming from Nashville Stratford was on the 1995 Dallas team that won the 1996 Super Bowl but I think he got kicked off the team before the playoffs so I guess he did not get a ring. Three others I can think of are Raleigh McKenzie from Austin-East with two super bowl rings with the Redskins (1988 & 1992), Craig Colquitt from Knox South (aka South-Young then South-Doyle) has two from his Steelers days (1979 & 1980) and the legendary Joe Gilliam from Nashville Pearl had one from 1975 with the Steelers, he only played a few games of the 1975 season before getting kicked out of the league for cocaine so I'm sure he did not get a ring for the 1976 Super Bowl. Seems like I read a tragic story about him getting mugged when he was homeless on the streets of Nashville and they stole his superbowl ring he had hidden under several layers of clothing! Tragic story there, even Terry Bradshaw admits he may have never even had a chance to play if Joe had not destroyed his career with drugs...but that's a story for another thread.

Sorry for the rambling....I love high school football if you can't tell!

What about Troy Flemming I think he played in Nashville.  Played at UT and now plays for the Titans.

825423844[/snapback]

Yep Troy went to Battleground Academy and just had a great game for the Titans last weekend. Two other tennesseans are on the Titans roster: Tyrone Calico from Millington Central (MTSU) and Jason McAddley from Oak Ridge (Alabama)

Jackson South Side and USJ both have one active in the NFL.  Jabari Greer and Trey Teague both of the Buffalo Bills.

I thought JCM had three actives . . .

825423774[/snapback]

The only active JCM players are Al Wilson and Artis Hicks, of course the way Al Wilson closes on the ball carrier I bet it feels like two guys hit you! The other Jackson players I am aware of are:

of course everyone knows about Ed Too Tall Jones from JCM

Eddie Crawford from old Jackson High, Ole Miss, in NFL in 1957(was Jackson High and Jackson Central the same school, I assume Central merged with Merry during desegregation? Sorry I'm from Northeast TN and don't know alot about the Jackson area!)

Sylvester Hicks, Northside, Tn State Univ, in NFL 1978-1981, is he Artis' dad?

Trell Hooper, JCM, Univ of Memphis, NFL in 1987