Corey Brewer

bballfan04

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard and witnessed on occasion the so called "impact" that the Lipscomb crowd supposedly had on Corey during his high school career, and I guess it was probably a moral victory of sorts that he didn't drop mid-30's on Lipscomb every time they played, but being a Vanderbilt fan myself, I would say based on the past couple of year's crowd support that Corey will play in front of much tougher crowds than that at Memorial. I can remember the days of Anglin, Elder, Draud, Goheen, Booker, Milholland, Perdue, and the list goes on and on, but it just hasn't been the same there lately and a group of Lipscomb kids in the stands at Memorial will make little or no difference to the game of a player of Corey's calibur. He will start as a freshman and he will be on the the SEC all-frosh team. Book it!!!

I heard and witnessed on occasion the so called "impact" that the Lipscomb crowd supposedly had on Corey during his high school career, and I guess it was probably a moral victory of sorts that he didn't drop mid-30's on Lipscomb every time they played, but being a Vanderbilt fan myself, I would say based on the past couple of year's crowd support that Corey will play in front of much tougher crowds than that at Memorial.  I can remember the days of Anglin, Elder, Draud, Goheen, Booker, Milholland, Perdue, and the list goes on and on, but it just hasn't been the same there lately and a group of Lipscomb kids in the stands at Memorial will make little or no difference to the game of a player of Corey's calibur.  He will start as a freshman and he will be on the the SEC all-frosh team.  Book it!!!

825434572[/snapback]

Ask Mr. Walsh what he thought about the crowd in Memorial last year. A packed house of 14,200 in his ear the whole night while the Commodores routed the Gators. No, it does not compare to the old days, but the magic is beginning to return to Memorial.

Ask Mr. Walsh what he thought about the crowd in Memorial last year.  A packed house of 14,200 in his ear the whole night while the Commodores routed the Gators. No, it does not compare to the old days, but the magic is beginning to return to Memorial.

825434712[/snapback]

i really didn't see anything special about corey brewer in the 2 substate games i saw him. he got his all american butt shown up by a sophmore in Beau Brown. Brown was out all of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarters with a cut eyeball and still showed brewer up. i think beau had like 33 points in that game and brewer had like 23 and played the entire game.

You saw the guy play one game. You will have plenty of opportunities to see him in action in the very near future, both Jefferson Pilot and ESPN are carrying several Florida games this year. There is no question that some teams made it harder for Corey than others by guarding him with two or three guys, that won't happen in college basketball because he will be surrounded by other weapons. He had very little help last year at Portland which made him an easy target for double and triple teams and other crazy junk defenses. A guy doesn't get McDonald's All-American honors for being an average player, he was one of the top 40 players in last years senior class and will prove why in the coming months. Can't wait to see Beau Brown on ESPN Sportscenter's Plays of the Day (not likely to happen).

I just dont undertsand why people would get on here and try to dis on such a talented young player? I had the opportuntity to get to see Corey play in a few games and I think he is a sensational athlete and I was very impressed by his poise and the character he showed while playing! This kid may not ever make it to the NBA but I hope he does, but he is a sensational athlete and no one can take that away from him! In saying that, I wish he would have chosen to come to UT, but he didnt so I wish him the best of luck, except when playing against the BIG ORANGE!

he was on sportscenter top 10 plays of the day, florida was playing in a scrimmage. he threw it down pretty good.

how do u think his career at florida will be?

825426297[/snapback]

corey is by far the best athlete to come out of portland and he has proven that multiple times i played with corey last year and all of last year i was in aw just to watch him and this summer he came back to play in open gym with the team and it was amazing just to see how much he has matured and improved

look for corey in the nba in a few years :P

You saw the guy play one game.  You will have plenty of opportunities to see him in action in the very near future, both Jefferson Pilot and ESPN are carrying several Florida games this year.  There is no question that some teams made it harder for Corey than others by guarding him with two or three guys, that won't happen in college basketball because he will be surrounded by other weapons.  He had very little help last year at Portland which made him an easy target for double and triple teams and other crazy junk defenses.  A guy doesn't get McDonald's All-American honors for being an average player, he was one of the top 40 players in last years senior class and will prove why in the coming months.  Can't wait to see Beau Brown on ESPN Sportscenter's Plays of the Day (not likely to happen).

825437084[/snapback]

seen him in 4 games actually and at central this past year he was only guarded by 1 player most of the time so i am not trying to diss him in anyway of course he is a great ballplayer just not the best i have ever seen at the highschool level. I do alot of traveling and scouting of the tennessee area so i have seen him more than once.

seen him  in 4 games actually and at central this past year he was only guarded by 1 player most of the time so i am not trying to diss him in anyway of course he is a great ballplayer just not the best i have ever seen at the highschool level. I do alot of traveling and scouting of the tennessee area so i have seen him more than once.

825439685[/snapback]

oh yeah beau brown was a sophomore last year and showed him up. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch but look for Beau to go somewhere big the kid just has too much talent and the word will spread. He impressed alot of colleges last year at the substate and state games when they came to watch some other kids. I promise the kid is good. Corey is a good player I agree and McDonalds All American is a great honor but he didn't do that much for me in that game either. Look for Beau in the near future remember he is only a JUNIOR this year.

When you are face-guarded the whole time its kind of hard to score much, so corey did good to get 23, which i think you are wrong on that, and on Beau's 33. But Yes, Beau will go to a very good school, and Corey is now starting for Florida. So nobody can say anything bout him being bad now wif him starting on a SEC team that is always good.

When you are face-guarded the whole time its kind of hard to score much, so corey did good to get 23, which i think you are wrong on that, and on Beau's 33. But Yes, Beau will go to a very good school, and Corey is now starting for Florida. So nobody can say anything bout him being bad now wif him starting on a SEC team that is always good.

825439715[/snapback]

Yezzir. Corey is a baller, and it is kind of hard to score when your getting face guarded. Beau will go big D1 is my guess.