Best wrestler who never placed

dragon12

Others from West TN include:

Lucas Troutman from CBHS

Heath Burns from CBHS

Ricky Lundgren from Houston

Drew Fryman from Houston (defeated 2 of last years state placers at 135 during the season)

Nick Rogers from Collierville

Sam Pieh from Germantown

Wes Johnson from Houston

John Needham from White Station

Ben Sharp from Germantown

Johnny Toler from Kirby

Gene Bell from Kirby

Edited by CoachDelgado

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to throw Griffin in from Wilson Central. 4x State Qual.  DQ'd his senior year(2003) on some questionable calls, possibly the best wrestler @ #45 that year.

825434938[/snapback]

He was losing by seven points late in the 3rd period when he got ejected for flagrant misconduct. If he was leading by seven than I might agree that was the best at 145 that year. He could be included in the best not to place. In reality he did place by reaching the semi-finals but he subsuquently lost that placing due to an infraction.

Edited by CoachDelgado

He was losing by seven points late in the 3rd period when he got ejected for flagrant misconduct.  If he was leading by seven than I might agree that was the best at 145 that year.  He could be included in the best not to place.  In reality he did place by reaching the semi-finals but he subsuquently lost that placing due to an infraction.

825434975[/snapback]

Coach, I imagine that you are, or were Borneman's Coach. Three of those were unearned points and it was very eary in the third. Nevertheless, Borneman is an excellent wrestler and I do recollect that Griffin wrestled Luke later that year in Memphis or what it Borneman that dodged him and jumped weight? Anyhow Coach, no hard feelings, just all opinions. The Post was Best wrestler....,

and I threw mine in.

Coach, I imagine that you are, or were Borneman's Coach.  Three of those were unearned points and it was very eary in the third.  Nevertheless, Borneman is an excellent wrestler and I do recollect that Griffin wrestled Luke later that year in Memphis or what it Borneman that dodged him and jumped weight?  Anyhow Coach, no hard feelings, just all opinions.  The Post was Best wrestler....,

and I threw mine in.

825435031[/snapback]

Yeah I am one of his coaches. Keep in mind that Luke had given Griffin 2 penalty points early in the first period. On the last viewing of the tape there were around 30 secoind left in the match. We were extremely secure at that time that Luke had won the match. We were justing waiting for time to expire. A couple of thrown elbows later and Griffin gets included in this list. Congratulations.

Luke has never ducked anyone in his life. At the tournament you refer to Griffin came in at 145. By that time in the spring Luke had done what he has always done, gotten fatter and much heavier. He was up to 175 between his Soph and Jr years.

Edited by CoachDelgado

I'd like to throw Griffin in from Wilson Central. 4x State Qual.  DQ'd his senior year(2003) on some questionable calls, possibly the best wrestler @ #45 that year.

825434938[/snapback]

u

I think Sanders was the best on his feet that year and had a record of 44-0 at that point. He did not look like himself with this greater challenge Luke offered and was thrown out when he was trying to kick a foot loose from Luke's strong grip. It looked more like he was frustrated at this point and was trying to flee the mat to me, but Mara does not tolerate any actions remotely close to misconduct on the mat. Sanders clearly showed this kind of roughness throughout the year and this match was no exception.

He could have placed second or third that year.