Phillip Simpson

Proud Daddy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soms,

The mystery of college certification.  Patrick wrestled in the Black & Gold match @ 141.  Don't forget about how Randy Lewis and the Iowa boys would cut 15+ pounds the day before a match.

825429549[/snapback]

That's really what I figured and you're probably right about that weight loss, because I saw him at the Army camp and we rolled around a bit on Oct. 15th, 20 pounds heavier then.

soms

Soms,

The mystery of college certification.  Patrick wrestled in the Black & Gold match @ 141.  Don't forget about how Randy Lewis and the Iowa boys would cut 15+ pounds the day before a match.

825429549[/snapback]

Guys, I don't have a clue what Patrick Simpson weighed or weighs, but weight management at the college level has changed tremendously since Randy Lewis's day. In Lewis's day, weigh ins were not 1 hour or less prior to wrestling like today. The current TN high school certification process is similar to what the college level has been doing for several years now including body fat testing along with hydration testing. Granted, some schools may look the other way but I would bet that the honor code at the USMA doesn't allow for such. Today's college wrestler who is 10 or more pounds over weight the day before a match is a rare exception as opposed to the norm of 15 years ago.

since this is about phillip simpson i thought i say he is in the new espn magazine, he has a little article talking about differnt test they do at west point in his case he rides a balance board while playing a electronic game the peripheral-vision aid helps with eye-hand coordination .... so next time ur out at the grocery store pick it up and read it