Maryville/Central II

Rebel Nation

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Maryvilles toughest game in the playoffs (powell) so i predict another state championship.

825429999[/snapback]

I wish it was the toughest. Central will be about as good as Powell. Tennessee will be very weak. The finals--probably against Melrose--will be very very tough. I hope Maryville wins another. If they get their two backs back 100% by the final game, they will enjoy another state title--much to the chagrin of so many other East Tennsee football followers.

As far as which team plays away and home.....especially when they are the same seed in different regions....then it alternates every year between the east and west team being required to travel. One year the team that is the furthest east has to travel, the next year it's the west turn. Does that make sense?

Hopefully Central will have something to do with that and you guys won't have to worry about hosting another home game until next year!!!! I expect this to be a better game from the Cats this time around. We'll see. thumb

Maryville,Central and Powell are showing how strong region 3 4A is. All 3 of these teams are really good.

I expect a much tougher game between Maryville and Central. There is no way Maryville beats them by 46 this time. It will be much closer.

Maryville must contain Helton just like they did 4 weeks ago. If Helton breaks containment Maryville will be in trouble. Maryville can't let Terrence Scott and David Gaston get in the open field.

Maryville needs Ryan Tallent back. He is the best tailback Maryville has. He is a gamebreaker. Losing Antonio Byner is devastating. Offensive line needs to win the line of scrimmage. Last night is the 1st time all year I saw the offensive line get whipped some. Cade and his receiver need good games. Maryville must play well to beat Central.