Maryville/Central II

Rebel Nation

I'll take Maryville and lay 35 pts, right now, right here. Any takers? Nope.

Now, the Tennessee High match up, that is another story. The Vikings are loaded and will challange Maryville to the end.

That is the game of the year in 4A

825430144[/snapback]

Vandy, I'll take Oak Ridge by the same, your Indians luck has run out just as it did last year about this time. Go Cats, Bobcats and Wildcats. As for the Vikes what a joke but I am sure you were joking. Central Bobcat

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally some great sensible posts to this thread by medman and pigskinrules. Thanks.

I am looking forward to this game to see who go's to the borro. Yes I do think Central and Maryville are the best two teams left in the east. I really enjoyed the sound defeat MHS handed those knottsville catz a few weeks back but, make no mistake, most thinking fans know Central is a much better team than 56-10. Not gonna say here what I thought happened that night because it does not matter there is another game this Friday.

True Powell matched up pretty well with Maryville at times vs. an Offence that seemed lost and cold. Still can't get a grip on that except both starting Rb’s were out due to ankle injury and Powell kept the ball so long in the 3rd & 4th Qtrs. Despite what some have said the officials did not cost Powell the game any more than they took points away from Maryville. I thought the calls went both ways and both teams were sloppy. Maryville's D was the difference to include the Maryville trait of discipline and patience’s. The GQ and the MHS coaching staff made many adjustments and Coach Stephens and staff called some pretty crafty plays on their own to keep the game close. The kids on both sides played hard but turnovers and lack of depth hurt Powell and the best team won. Powell has nothing to hang their heads about because in my view, they played tougher than many opponents Maryville has faced the past 5 years. Enough of that.

I am glad Maryville was truly tested and should now be prepared to sweep Central again this year. I expect Maryville will be ready to play as will those catz.

The comment about "Orlando Blair's comments were made by a 15 yr old that had just come from the doghouse to the penthouse". Was a good one, It gave me a laugh! More later when I'm done doing my home work on this one.

Rebs we all heard about the good fortune and the help of the refs at the Powell game, you won't be so lucky this time. Better get ready for B'Ball season. This will be like a bad dream for you guys, and oh yea don't forget to turn in your equipment on Monday the 22nd you have had a great year.  We will finish it for you. Central Bobcat

825431203[/snapback]

good fortune with the refs??? the refs were awful friday night for both teams.

centralbobcat all you are doing is setting yourself up even bigger for the disappointment you are going to feel friday night. B'ball season is three weeks away for us man, right after we bring the golden ball back to Maryville where it belongs. im gonna laugh when we beat the pants off of your central kittens. you guys came down here talking your crap last time and we put it to you and showed you how we play football here in Maryville. then i didnt hear anything from you on here after that central bobcat. but i do understand the mourning process can be rough sometimes. ill bring you a little travel bag of kleenex, that way you can use them on the field after the game and for the lonely ride home. oh and by the way, equipment turn-in is friday night after the game, we would hate for you to have to keep it over the weekend, it might just make those memories of another busted season courtesy of Maryville hang around.

No trash here but the Central at Murville round #2 game could be a real close game if two things happen.  Central keeps their heads and Maryville turns over the ball on the short field.  Maryville's "D" has bent but not broken down.  Powell was physical and did some good things in the run but were stopped in the red zone twice.  If they had scored GQ would have been planning thanksgiving in NC!

One thing there vike man  you said;  "Now if this was the 1972 Vikings playing, I wouldn't worry about any team in the playoffs, but this isn't the National Champions."  That's "Rated National Champions" so lets put an astrick on that era where most of todays HS coaches were not even born yet!  I was playing then and the vikes were 3A. in TN and I know teams from Texas, Penn and Fla would have walked all over those "Rated National Champs" back then.  So let us Maryville Central fans talk about our game.  Good luck vs those cyclones.  I think Elizabethton pulls the upset and plays the winner of the Central Maryville game.  Enjoy your day.

825431660[/snapback]

Since you were playing then you must have known that 3A was the biggest size in Tennessee. You must know that in order to get into the playoffs you had to be undefeated and since you were playing then you also should know that team only lost won game over the course of 3 years.

Teams were better back then. They could walk over alot of these teams.

1971 State Championship Tennessee 52 Covington 0

1972 State Championship Tennessee 39 Baylor 6

**And one more thing...the team THS easily beat in the '72 State Championship were ranked National Champions in '73. It looks like the majority of the people back then knew how Tennessee would stand against teams from Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida.

Edited by THSVikings2004

LOOK VIKE04

NO ONE ON THIS THREAD CARES ABOUT WHAT A TEAM WAS RANKED OR RATED THIRTY TWO YEARS AGO! I mean great but this thread is about one of today's Tennessee's dynasty.

I know you are intelligent and can read so check the title of this thread. (Posted in the Blue part above)

In the last 10 years there have been two great HS football movies made and remember the Vikings or Friday Night Castle Lights was not one of them. I recommend you contact Denzell Washington or Billy Bob Thornton, they might want to star in another I don't really know.

Bottom line is IF your TN HI Vikings get past Elizabethton and Maryville defeats Central, then we'll talk about those Vikings and Rebels on the same thread.

One game at a time. Have a good night.

Good to be back gentlemen....the wife kidnapped me and made me walk thru a big house over in Asheville for 2 days straight. Ok, let's see....where are we here?

Ok...Maryville 56, Central 10. Thought I'd mention that again. Maryville saw the best QB they'll probably see all year this past Friday nite. Cody Watts is twice the QB that Zack is. Remember Zack, #10 Clement plays for us and wears black...he's not one of your receivers.

Terrence Scott....hmmm...I recall someone by that name, but did he make the trip to Maryville in the first game? Same for Darren, uh Doug, uh Derrick...no, David Gaston. Not really a member of the Jackson legacy, is he.

Quotes in the local fish wraps...ahhh...if you wanna know where a teams mind is, just read what they say to the press. MHS said it right and in caps, "THEY THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH!"

Props to medman...your a good guy. Boobcat, still whinin, aren't ya?!

Maryville 45

Central 14

good fortune with the refs??? the refs were awful friday night for both teams. 

centralbobcat all you are doing is setting yourself up even bigger for the disappointment you are going to feel friday night.  B'ball season is three weeks away for us man, right after we bring the golden ball back to Maryville where it belongs.  im gonna laugh when we beat the pants off of your central kittens.  you guys came down here talking your crap last time and we put it to you and showed you how we play football here in Maryville.  then i didnt hear anything from you on here after that central bobcat.  but i do understand the mourning process can be rough sometimes.  ill bring you a little travel bag of kleenex, that way you can use them on the field after the game and for the lonely ride home.  oh and by the way, equipment turn-in is friday night after the game, we would hate for you to have to keep it over the weekend, it might just make those memories of another busted season courtesy of Maryville hang around.

825432028[/snapback]

Like the memories from the Mo'West choke job last year and they did not even when the championship, and if you had been on here I congratulated your rebs and told you we had some work to do but we would see you again when it counts. Central Bobcat

Good to be back gentlemen....the wife kidnapped me and made me walk thru a big house over in Asheville for 2 days straight.  Ok, let's see....where are we here?

Ok...Maryville 56, Central 10.  Thought I'd mention that again.  Maryville saw the best QB they'll probably see all year this past Friday nite.  Cody Watts is twice the QB that Zack is.  Remember Zack, #10 Clement plays for us and wears black...he's not one of your receivers.

Terrence Scott....hmmm...I recall someone by that name, but did he make the trip to Maryville in the first game?  Same for Darren, uh Doug, uh Derrick...no, David Gaston.  Not really a member of the Jackson legacy, is he.

Quotes in the local fish wraps...ahhh...if you wanna know where a teams mind is, just read what they say to the press.  MHS said it right and in caps, "THEY THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH!"

Props to medman...your a good guy.  Boobcat, still whinin, aren't ya?!

Maryville 45

Central 14

825432179[/snapback]

Let's see who is whining come Friday night, enjoy B'Ball season it is all you will have left after this week, just like last year with Mo'west. Its gotta hurt when you recruit the best players in Tn. and still don't get it down. Central Bobcat

Central WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME. The whole Central football program has a mental block when it comes to Maryville. They don't think they can win. The mystique of Maryville alone is enough to beat Central before the game even starts. Now Central might think they have a chance because Powell played Maryville to 5 points and Central beat Powell, but the only reason Powell came as close as they did is 1. They have a huge line and were able to control the ball in the second half with the running game and keep Maryville's offense off the field. Central doesn't have the line nor the running back to do this to Maryville. 2. Powell didn't lay down in the second half when they were down 21-3. If Central is down 21-3 at the half they won't believe they can win and will get blown out in the second half. Maryville hates Central just because they talk so much and can't back it up so Maryville will come out looking to shut all the bobcat fans up once and for all. Maryville wins big,

Maryville - 49

Central - 13

Central WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME. The whole Central football program has a mental block when it comes to Maryville. They don't think they can win. The mystique of Maryville alone is enough to beat Central before the game even starts. Now Central might think they have a chance because Powell played Maryville to 5 points and Central beat Powell, but the only reason Powell came as close as they did is 1. They have a huge line and were able to control the ball in the second half with the running game and keep Maryville's offense off the field. Central doesn't have the line nor the running back to do this to Maryville. 2. Powell didn't lay down in the second half when they were down 21-3. If Central is down 21-3 at the half they won't believe they can win and will get blown out in the second half. Maryville hates Central just because they talk so much and can't back it up so Maryville will come out looking to shut all the bobcat fans up once and for all.  Maryville wins big,

Maryville - 49

Central - 13

825432387[/snapback]

GrandGoody, yea and the Vols use to have a mental block against Alabama and the only thing we will be laying down in the second half will be your little Rebs. Enjoy B'Ball season. You've had a good run, but its over Central Bobcat

I don't believe that Central has a mental block against Maryville. Maryville has a great program, but so does Central. Both have a long history of winning. Maryville has been better lately, but until this last game, most were very close exciting games. I think this next one will be another great game. I also disagree that the Maryville or Central players hate each other. I know the Central kids respect the Rebs, and they look at the games as the most important games of each year. In talking to the kids this year, though, Powell has probably replaced Halls as our main rival. Most of that is due to recent events and the fact that the schools are close and a lot of the kids know each other. I'm sure the same is true for Maryville with Alcoa and Wm Blount. Don't for a second think the Cats will quit. They will come hard the whole game.

See ya'll Friday nite.

Won't be able to get on the computer much this week as I'll be in Nashville working. I hate it when work gets in the way of CoachT time :rolleyes:

Excuses Central will make after losing to Maryville.

1. Homecooking (ie the refs)

2. Recruiting.

3. Central is young...wait till next year (seems like Central is always waiting for next year)

4. Homefield advantage (If it were at Central we would have won)

5. The aligning of the planets.

ok maybe not the last one but the first four