Maryville/Central II

Rebel Nation

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rebelnation

Aww Heck!! I know who you are!! Come on over and sit with us man!! We'll have a rip roarin good time Friday!! Hey, who is it that always yells at #50 when the team first comes out to warm up? any idea? I've alwasy thought that was cool. They yell, "Let's go 5-0!!"

our season is over and central is still continuing to whine

waaaaahhhhh lee and baron are at powell!!!

roosters just upset that baron and lee would play for anyone over central

pssst rebs we would loan em to ya if we could.........lol

what am i saying..........central will think of a way to pick up players for playoffs now

maybe cats if ya can come up with the cash........the maryville asst principle will put ya in good with the t$$aa and his best friend old ronnie

and rebs before ya jump on me..........he said it i didnt.....lol

Central Bobcat ...... i didnt see ur posts prior to the first maryville-central meeting but if they were anything like your's now then im just wondering why you are still talking..... let's see i cant remember the score.......hold on let me check....56-10 i guess a 46 point flogging wasnt enough to shut you up..... as always you do not stand a chance against maryville...i do grant that it will be closer due to injuries but we arent hurt enough for the kittys to make up for the thrashing from earlier this year.......NOW for TnVikings although you arent making people upset you should realize that Tennessee High's region is garbage and if you are lucky enough to beat Elizabeathon then you are gonna have Maryville crush ur state title dreams like it has done to so many lately........

Maryville-42

Central-17

Maryville-35

THS-14

Guest Rebelnation
our season is over and central is still continuing to whine

waaaaahhhhh  lee and baron are at powell!!!

roosters just upset that baron and lee would play for anyone over central

pssst rebs we would loan em to ya if we could.........lol

what am i saying..........central will think of a way to pick up players for playoffs now

maybe cats if ya can come up with the cash........the maryville asst principle will put ya in good with the t$$aa and his best friend old ronnie

and rebs before ya jump on me..........he said it      i didnt.....lol

825433246[/snapback]

Rob, out of all the folks in the world I woulda put out there with a mike in his hand, Tater Brown is the last one. I don't know what the h*ll he was thinking saying that. Of course, no one would remember it if the refs would have been perfect.

I know Baron and Lee wouldn't mind wearing Red and Black for a nite , if it meant graduating with a BIG win over the boobcats. I sure would like to have them...more Lee than Baron. Lee is so underutilized man. what the heck is going on there? If Powell needs another blocker, work on blocking assignments. Lee needs to be catching balls.

Now that we have gotten our bad game out of the way, hopefully, it is back to business. I hope that we get both Byner and Tallent back for Friday night, because everyone saw what happened to the offense after they went out... ICE cold. I heard Tallent will be back, but Byner is done for good. We just need to step it up and take care of business with Central like we always do. They definitely have a mental block against us, and are defeated before they step on the field. Last game they played pretty good when they felt like they still had a chance of beating us... but then they fell apart after we scored on two quick strikes. I will only be a little scared if Central gets on the board first, because if they feel they can win they might be a tough matchup.

If I'm correct, the last time that Central beat us in the playoffs was a few years ago after we had already beaten them in the regular season. It's always harder to beat a team the second time, so let's not repeat that performance. Some of our weaknesses were exposed in the Powell game, and let's hope that Central does not exploit them, although I know they will try to. So that leaves it up to the coaches to prepare the kids to combat these things.

All in all, Maryville takes this one mainly because Central is flat out scared of us!

Guest Rebelnation

The head game is a big factor for Central. Are they scared...no. That's going a lil overboard. Are we in their heads, both team and coaches? Definitely yes. I know how that feels being a UT fan and playing Florida in the 90's. You tell yourself all week that this Friday is the Firday it happens, but their's that nagging feeling deep in the back of your mind that knows better.

You see, we weren't in Powell's head. That's why that game turned out like it did. I don't think that it was our weaknesses were compromised as much as it was that Powell planned their work and worked their plan. They came with that big, physical line of srimmage and played 4 qtrs,...something they didn't do as well in game 1. They also have a crazy variable in Cody that can't really be predicted or controlled for long.

Central's winning or losing Friday nite is being determined every day this week between 3:30pm and whenever they get outta practice. How they prepare and more importantly, what frame of mind their in will determine the game before it starts.

Central won't be able to count on a big line of scrimmage or a uncontrollable variable. Their gonna have to play sound, fundamental football and not get too high or low. That's where we've already beaten them. thumb

Now that we have gotten our bad game out of the way, hopefully, it is back to business.  I hope that we get both Byner and Tallent back for Friday night, because everyone saw what happened to the offense after they went out... ICE cold.  I heard Tallent will be back, but Byner is done for good.  We just need to step it up and take care of business with Central like we always do.  They definitely have a mental block against us, and are defeated before they step on the field.  Last game they played pretty good when they felt like they still had a chance of beating us... but then they fell apart after we scored on two quick strikes.  I will only be a little scared if Central gets on the board first, because if they feel they can win they might be a tough matchup. 

If I'm correct, the last time that Central beat us in the playoffs was a few years ago after we had already beaten them in the regular season.  It's always harder to beat a team the second time, so let's not repeat that performance.  Some of our weaknesses were exposed in the Powell game, and let's hope that Central does not exploit them, although I know they will try to.  So that leaves it up to the coaches to prepare the kids to combat these things.

All in all, Maryville takes this one mainly because Central is flat out scared of us!

825433434[/snapback]

I hurt my ankle a while back and I am still in therapy. This morning AByner had his boot on and wasnt planning on practicing for a few days and Joe Black told me that there wasnt a HUGE hope for him playing. Tallent on the otherhand...he was also at therapy getting isokenetic stimulation...the electricity thing that sooths pain...he talked to me and explained that AB got hurt the last offensive series and if they would have had another, Tallent would have been taped up and back in. Forecast for friday...AB in jeans on the sideline...Tallent- running all over central...

FINAL- Maryville 42

Central 13

Edited by bulldwgsqb7

this game should be a close one....for the first quarter. Maryville is going to come out firing and take any hope that central has of winning away from them before they have a chance to even think about it. Byner is out for the year, and tallent will be around 90% at most for the game. singleton and or baker are going to have to step up bigtime for this game. Cade will be superb as usual. this kid is amazing. ive never seen a kid so poised in the pocket, and you rarely see him make a bad decision. andrew clement continues to impress me week after week. thats a heck of a hand warmer he wears out there, i wonder where he got it... childs needs to have a big game, and some passes over the middle could help us open up a bomb to someone like maples with ridiculous speed down the sideline, because we all know cade can get it there, we just need someone to run under it. The defense was disappointing last week everywhere but on the corners. watts never got outside of our ends, he went up the middle and then out. as far as the fans not being in it, i have to agree a little bit. the senior rebel faithful on the front row provide about all the cheering for the student section, and i never hear any of the other people out there. but heck im too focused on the game to notice them. this game should be a blowout. we have psyched central out for as long as i can remember and i dont see it being any different. when their motivation for the previous weeks is "we get to play Maryville if we win" thats when you know that someone is in your head. and even if we arent, we will be by the end of the game, we are all they will be thinking about on the ride home. "gah they beat us again" must be pitiful, we wouldnt know. i say they dont have much of a chance. our coaches are way too good for them. Coach Quarles is too good for helton. they arent even in the same league.

Maryville wins by 21+ because central is too pitiful to compete

I hurt my ankle a while back and I am still in therapy.  This morning AByner had his boot on and wasnt planning on practicing for a few days and Joe Black told me that there wasnt a HUGE hope for him playing.  Tallent on the otherhand...he was also at therapy getting isokenetic stimulation...the electricity thing that sooths pain...he talked to me and explained that AB got hurt the last offensive series and if they would have had another, Tallent would have been taped up and back in.  Forecast for friday...AB in jeans on the sideline...Tallent- running all over central...

FINAL- Maryville 42

Central 13

825433613[/snapback]

Any info on whether or not Byner will be back for the semifinal game.