ELIZABETHTON AT TENNESSEE HIGH 4A

TellTheTruth2004

mike the Vik - you don't get points for TD's called back.. In the first game the betsy defense gave up one score and thats all.  The other 4 scores came on 2-pass interceptions and two punt returns.  If the Cyclones don't punt to number 9 and Jeffers has a good like like he did at Cherokee, then the Cyclones will pull the upset of the year.  Betsy is playing for another home game, only way to get it is to beat Tennessee High.  - Maryville takes 26 to Elizabethton instead of 81 to Bristol on Thanksgiving weekend.  Eliz. 14, Viks 13 (just like last year in the Castle)

825431266[/snapback]

All i have to say is that the vikings are not ready to hang it up.... I guarantee you that the vikes will put on a show this friday at the castle.

By the way you dont have to kick to #9 Deke ... you can kick it to #5 if u want to also. He also has 3 punt return TD's so... Good luck

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike the Vik - you don't get points for TD's called back.. In the first game the betsy defense gave up one score and thats all.  The other 4 scores came on 2-pass interceptions and two punt returns.  If the Cyclones don't punt to number 9 and Jeffers has a good like like he did at Cherokee, then the Cyclones will pull the upset of the year.  Betsy is playing for another home game, only way to get it is to beat Tennessee High.  - Maryville takes 26 to Elizabethton instead of 81 to Bristol on Thanksgiving weekend.  Eliz. 14, Viks 13 (just like last year in the Castle)

825431266[/snapback]

Gotta like that thinking Deke. Betsy and TN. High have played two bad weather games the past two weeks. Seems as if the Cyclones have been a bit more adequate at adapting to the conditions. Don't know.... hard call on this one. I do know this..... it'll be a head knocker.

Knowing that you Vikings had a sell-out vs. East, I was wandering about tickets. For playoffs they are only sold at the gate and can't be pre-sold, right? A man could probably do a bit of scalping with these tickets... :( Anyway, just wanting to make sure that tickets were only bought at the gate. I'm getting off my butt to watch this one cause the radio ain't going to cut it. :ph34r:

The last 2 times that Betsy has played at the Stone Castle they played us tough.

THS had to settle for a co-championship last year on a missed extra point.

THS "EEKED" out an O.T. win in the 2nd round of the playoffs before that.

The winner of this game in the regular season ALWAYS wins the MLC !!!!

No disrespect for each other is ALLOWED.

Respect is ALL we have for the Cyclones !!!

Congradulations on your amazing late season run.

Lesser teams would have folded up their tents by the 5th game.

This is a testament to Elizabethton's Tradition.

Good luck on Friday, and in particular good luck to Derek Nave.

I was fortunate enough to meet him when he and my son were visiting Carson-Newman

earlier in the year, and if this kid doesn't exemplify CLASS, no one does.

Knowing that you Vikings had a sell-out vs. East, I was wandering about tickets. For playoffs they are only sold at the gate and can't be pre-sold, right? A man could probably do a bit of scalping with these tickets... :o  Anyway, just wanting to make sure that tickets were only bought at the gate. I'm getting off my butt to watch this one cause the radio ain't going to cut it. ;)

825431581[/snapback]

for the last 2 weeks THS have been pre selling tickets for there play-offs games like for this past week game vs South they went on sell Wed at 8 am in the morning so i wouldnt see why they wouldnt do it this week again

Just a bit of info.

TN High strength rank 1

schedule rank 19

Elizabethton strength rank 10

schedule rank 5

A little kicker for both teams to consider

Maryville strength rank 2

schedule rank 24

Interesting that CoachT stats show that Upper East Tn. has been a better football area this year. Hats off to all of the 4A teams in Region 1. Of course, it will all come down to whoever wins this game and does well in the next. ;)