ELIZABETHTON AT TENNESSEE HIGH 4A

TellTheTruth2004

Mike, if the vikings were to win the state in 4A you would be outta control. If they were to loose you could just continue therapy. Maybe stepping it up to a couple more times a week. Sad. That Tenn Care scare will blow over. Its ok. Ok?

But on a lighter note. If you do get to go to the 'boro and watch your team. And they win. You can chill-out and start acting like you belong and you've been there!

If they don't win. Then ...  that Tenn Care scare will blow over... and you can still go to see the nice doctor.

825435955[/snapback]

SHHH

"Act like you've been there..."

Who you supposed to be , Bill Parcells ?

IF we make it, I guarantee I'll act a fool !!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a game!!!!!!! THS has been playing a little bit rugged but the past two teams they have beat they played in the season and they beat them bad in the season! so you know that the vikings played a liitle bit sluggish but they will be ready to play this Friday so good luck to both teams and all the other teams playing Friday night!!!!!!!! thumb

THS-17

EHS-14

I dunno man, you wanna start anymore threads on me personally? Or are we done? I'm quite done now. Ready to quit if you are....

I'm very proud of your son, if that's the case. My brother was in the Army for 15 years. 101st Airborne Master Sergeant and Jump Master.

Still Admiral is a strange way of paying tribute....why not navy dad or midshipmendad...that's your deal though. He deserves a tribute if he attended Annapolis. thumb

THS is averaging over 44 points per game and the Vikings do it mainly behind a varied, physical running attack but do not have the best passing attack. The Cyclones will lean on the passing of pretty good quarterback and hope the D can slow TN HI’s running attack. THS will rely on its O-line to open the holes for the wing-T type offence. THS’ line, has good speed to pull on sweeps yet can also drive-block you off the scrimmage line with its size. I think Elizabethton can win this game buy using balance and limiting mistakes. Elizabethton is peaking and TN Hi is not used to being challenged as evidenced by two close play-off games.

Guest Rebelnation

I'm not sure how big Beth's D line is, but if they can, they should stack the box and make THS throw the ball. Another thing to keep in mind is that the teams THS is struggling against have seen them once already. Every Rebel fan knows how hard it is to beat a good team twice (Powell).

I was letting you guys run off at the mouth till this bull got posted. 

Fact 1---TN HI has not had a big or tough game this year from what I have read, watched on-line from a news source in the Tri-Cities or been told by people I know from other places/schools. 

Fact 2---Maryville has not needed what you may call superior athletes to win some gold balls or play-off games.  I'll tell you I don't think this is the best Rebel team I've seen, but they are pretty good in their own right and are closing in on a scouring record.  (606 in 15 Games)  Besides what game have you watched this year? 

Fact 3---Don't really care if you think our QB's abilities are in question, I'll lay money on it that he has at least 3 TD passes on anyone in the state with our O line and stable of receivers that we could face this year.  He has thrown about 3 on everyone else, but heck MHS has run the ball for an ave of 230 yards a game with four RB's so maybe we don't need to throw that much. 

Fact---4  Central may have better athletes, I don't think so man for man, but who cares, because if coaching alone will get you 46 points more than the Super-duper-athletes another team has, I'll take it! 

Fact---5 your are right on one point:  "Preparation is the key for Maryville winning games".  You’re stupid enough to think, of the schedule Maryville has played, Maryville has not been able to match other team's athletes.  So you’re saying none of the teams Maryville has beaten has had any athletes?  You should have seen those "Beasts" from Powell last week.  Powell is loaded with kids who can carry the mail and deserve great respect, but Maryville managed to win a tough game.  Something TN Hi has not had---------------Yet.  Trust me its coming, IF you get past Elizabethton, and I'm not sure you will a region 3 team will be waiting on you.

Viketour bring your great team of Superior Athletes to Shields Stadium anytime and Maryville will welcome you to the home of Champions.  Maryville has nothing to prove and is ready to demonstrate their dynasty.  You might think you can win it all, Maryville KNOWS what it is like to really win it and what it takes to win it every year. 

I respect TN HI for what they have accomplished this season, I hope that All Viking players and fans think Maryville is somehow not up to the task or gets by with a bunch of lazy sub standard athletes year end and year out.  The Rebel trophy case has more gold balls than any other public school in the state and 2 have just got put in there with the help of some of these seniors looking for their third ring.  How many rings you got up there in Bristol???

Looking forward to seeing you right after Thanksgiving.

Man I'm out of breath!!

825435450[/snapback]

:D MERITUS you covered a lot of ground in this post but I wanted to touch on at least one or two of the issues.

“BIG GAMES” are in the eye of the beholder as far as I’m concerned. THS chooses not to believe that they are playing teams made up of the rejects from the elementary school playground like you REGION 3 big dogs would have us to believe. So with that said…

•The first game with Elizabethton was considered to be a big game for us. Our two teams play each other very tough every year. Usually you never know from year to year (regardless of the predictions) who will come out on top. (THS 35-3)

•The first game with South was billed to be our toughest game during the regular season this year. (THS 52-7)

•Sullivan East was ranked 7th in the state going into the game with THS. There's Only 7 or 8 miles separating the schools and the community was divided in half. East has never had a winning season and they were 9-0 going into this game. They were putting up 400 yards plus on the majority of their opponents most of which was through the air. The Stone Castle was also sold out. With added bleachers there were over 6000 people in attendance at this game with people still standing in line to see if the Fire Marshal was going to let more in! But most of all EAST HAS NEVER WON AGAINST THE VIKINGS IN SCHOOL HISTORY. To us hillbillies here in Smallville… theirs only one game that would be bigger than this. No not the Maryville game… the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! (THS 54-0)

Now I know we haven’t played the University of Tennessee, the Tennessee Titians, or the Maryville Red Rebels… but we have played the big games. :)

Also… Like I’ve said before… those GOLD BALLS and TROPHIES aren’t going to bring you much comfort if you’re walking out of Shields Stadium wondering what went wrong AGAIN this year after the Vikings snatch those championship dream out from under you!! So let’s stick to who’s gonna get this years gold ball.

I have to admit to you that the “Maryville doesn’t have the great athletes” statement is a bunch of smoke… although I have made a similar statement myself. It’s obvious that Maryville has great athletes or they wouldn’t be in the position they’re in right now (and most every year before now)… that’s just common sense! Your coaches are good but a potter has to have clay to make a clay pot!! The statement is merely a CRUTCH for those of us that are trying to find any minuet advantage our teams could possibly have over the Red Rebels. I’m not saying this to kiss up and I definitely don’t want to be on that Dixie Land Wagon… I’m just stating the facts!! Just the facts.

Not arguing with you shell, but maybe he meant big games in the sense of close games. The games you mentioned were emotional games yes, but not big games. As in, both teams were in it to the end. Just a thought.

Gold trophies only make the trophy case look good...we live in a what have you done for me laelty world. Good point. We'll get more though :D

Thanks for being straight on the athlete thing...we never thought to argue with folks that think we have no athletes...obviously you all, us and anyone else in the playoffs at this point have great athletes.

Fact 2---Maryville has not needed what you may call superior athletes to win some gold balls or play-off games.  I'll tell you I don't think this is the best Rebel team I've seen, but they are pretty good in their own right and are closing in on a scouring record.  (606 in 15 Games)  Besides what game have you watched this year? 

825435450[/snapback]

Well, I have in fact watched them play this year. I saw the first meeting of Maryville/Central. It was a game that could have went either way early on, and if Central's QB had not fumbled on the 10 yd. line (it looked more like a pass to me, but not when you're at Maryville's home field...), then the outcome could have been very different. Central looked to be the faster and better team early, but as things started to go wrong they completely laid down and gave up. The one thing that Maryville did NOT do, was make mistakes. They simply execute every play and do not make mistakes. The coaches are extremely good and mix up the play calling to keep the other team in a constant state of confusion. Back to the Central game: once Central was down by a little, they thought they had to make it all back in one big pass, throwing a ball up for grabs mid-field. The score could have easily been tied or in Central's favor with 4 minutes left in the first half. But none of that matters because the final outcome was a 56-10 stomping. With obviously much of the scoring coming in second half when the Central kids got tired from going both ways. Whose to say they won't get tired again this time, they probably will... but, if Central thinks they have a chance to win, they won't lay down like last time, and play more with their heart.

I just wanted to let you know that I am not just spouting off at the mouth of something that I do not know about. I in fact have seen Maryville play, and I stand by my statement that they do not have superior athletes. They are not overly big, and they do not have the team speed that other teams in the area have. You Maryville fans are fortunate to have such a good coaching staff, or otherwise you would probably be listening to the Powell/Central game on the radio this Friday.

We will be there in a little over a week to show you what some team speed is, and how speed kills! I wouldn't put it past Maryville to use a lil Knox Halls trick and bring out the water hoses a few days early if you know what I mean.

The Viking tour rolls on!

Why you gotta be crappy about it man?  Most of us have given your vikes props.  No need to be a lil punk about it.

825437257[/snapback]

Where was I "crappy"? I stated a few facts that I observed from the game, and I gave a few opinions of my own that were well supported. The Halls joke was just to poke a little fun, no harm there. If I mistated anything about the Central game then please correct me.