Goodpasture @ David Lipscomb

howudoin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who this vandy1 is, but he is taking my job and I do not apprecitate it!

Anyway, this week is why players play, coaches coach, and why fans come to the game.  We have a small worry though.  I pose this question

WHERE IS THE MUSTANG NATION?

We had a poor showing this week and last week.  We need to do better if we want to advance.

825433212[/snapback]

Sounds like you and vandy1 ought to get together and duke it out. I'd pay to see that fight.

Anyway, on to the matter at hand. I can't believe DL doesn't sell fish at their games. I mean come on. They are a Catholic school and should know that many practicing Catholics do not eat beef on Friday.

I look forward to this game. It gives me chill bumps just thinking about the electricity that will be in the air. I am hearing that even a few coaching deserters, I mean former coaches, are coming back for this one. It'll be good to see Coach Arnold (as in Benedict).

I would like to commend The Mustangfanpage Staff for a job well done. The site has done nothing but improve over the last two years, and it is a pleasure to view.

Does anyone have any info on the guest Titan of the week? If so could you please pass that along to the rest of us. I did hear that O'Donnel made a brief appearance Friday night but, since he is no longer with the Titans, he could not afford the $7 and was caught jumping the baseball field fence by Lipscomb's finest.

Now, to the game, how was Goodpasture able to put up 48 points on Tyner? Was it by virtue of big plays and turnovers , or was Goodpasure just that superior to the Ram Train? DL has not been tested since the first encounter with Goodpasture, but that has been the case the last couple years heading into the playoffs so i dont think that will be a factor. Fatigue, in my opinion, doesnt play a role in these emotion packed games. Both teams will be flying around the field, fighting for their playoff lives for all 48 minutes. I am looking forward to this showdown and all that comes with this rivalry game. What do we.....wait cant do that anymore ...what am i thinking?

Edited by 2Aguru

I am looking forward to this showdown and all that comes with this rivalry game.  What do we.....wait cant do that anymore ...what am i thinking?

825433470[/snapback]

...Guru, for a know-it-all you are pretty forgetful. Everyone knows we eat Cou... Cou... dad gum, well I do remember we like it raw. Or was it medium well? Well-done? Shoot, well I remember all the other parts of the cheer. One could only hope that someone from DL could remind us all what we eat, if it isn't too much trouble. I guarantee there are people somewhere on campus who know.

A Question for Goodpasture:  Does Conn Hamlett still teach there?  And does he have anything to do with the football coaching?  Is he still on Sports radio? 

Just wondering...he was my teacher many, many years ago here at White House and I just curious whether he is involved in coaching?

825432882[/snapback]

Yes he still teaches at Goodpasture. He coaches golf I think. He still has a radio show but I.m not sure what station its on.

Now, to the game, how was Goodpasture able to put up 48 points on Tyner?  Was it by virtue of big plays and turnovers , or was Goodpasure just that superior to the Ram Train?

825433470[/snapback]

Tyner fumbled 6 times. Threw one interception inside their 10, threw another one that was returned about 10 yards for a touchdown. Gave up a 45 yard punt return to one kid, and then a 88 yard punt return to Patrick Turner. Tyner maybe caught one kickoff or punt clean all night. It was 13 to 13 at half time, and the turnovers and big plays of Goodpasture snowballed in the second half. Tyner made no big plays, several dropped passes. Goodpastures punting game pinned Tyner back deep all night. Was not Tyner's night by any means. I believe they held Turner to 49 yards on the night, (not including the punt return), but he was not on the field the majority of the running plays that they ran. A good team takes advantage of mistakes by the other team, and by the score you can easily see that Goodpasture took adavtage of the turnovers.

Being a Huntingdon fan and having a friend that had a son to play for DL , I think this is gonna be one tough game. I really don't know much about Goodpasture other than they are alot like Lipscomb and that they are fundamentally sound. It would be hard to predict the outcome of this one. Oh yea! Tell Coach Mac at Lipscomb that all the Huntingdon fans wish him good luck! We hope the game is injury free..

Edited by Blue Eyes

Sounds like you and vandy1 ought to get together and duke it out.  I'd pay to see that fight.

Anyway, on to the matter at hand.  I can't believe DL doesn't sell fish at their games.  I mean come on.  They are a Catholic school and should know that many practicing Catholics do not eat beef on Friday.

I look forward to this game.  It gives me chill bumps just thinking about the electricity that will be in the air.  I am hearing that even a few coaching deserters, I mean former coaches, are coming back for this one.  It'll be good to see Coach Arnold (as in Benedict).

825433360[/snapback]

FYI Lipscomb is not a Catholic school. and bomb squad we like our cougar meat RAW RAW RAW!!!!