CAMDEN AT HUNTINGTON ROUND 2

badcompanybaseball

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Marcus has really stepped up, great kid and strong as an ox! My brother calls his playmaking on the field, "PAYING THE BEALE COLLECTOR!!!!" Keep up the great work! thumb

'

825432972[/snapback]

I don't really know which number you are talking about, but I was really impressed with your defensive line. That #75 is a force inside and the guy who wore #70 or #78, I really could not tell due to all of the mud on his jersey also played well inside. #13, #40, and #19 and guys who just have that nose for the football, which is something that makes the good linebackers great ones. I knew that #19 & #23 would be the Mustangs primary weapons on offense, but there were some other guys who don't get much recognization on here that played huge. That #18 did a great job of managing the game and not forcing turnovers on offense, the run that he made on third down and an eternity on the first drive of the game made me laugh. There was also #40, who yall always talk about as a defensive player on here but he turned out to be the difference maker for Huntingdon's offense last week. The Cubs simply could not tackle that #40 (a.k.a. THE BUS). I've also read on here that yalls kicker is terrible, but that was certainly not the case last week. I think he was either #21 or #27, again I could not read the numbers very well, and every time he kicked he put the ball through the uprights with much room to spare. You guys had the talent, but most importantly yall played physical which is what winning in the postseason is all about. Talent can only carry teams so far, but physical play and talent combined is simply to put it UNSTOPABLE!!!

I really dont mean this to be disrespectful because i think camden has a great football team and i have alot of respect for them, but i was just wondering who they have played other than huntingdon that has been very highly ranked  :)

825433331[/snapback]

Camden just beat fairview 35-6 Fairview won their region.

He is the "computer age" version of someone who used to send wreaths, dead chickens, etc. to their team to try and get them fired up for a game.

825433621[/snapback]

Man, that brought back some memories. One of the highlights of my career was finding my number hangin on the goalposts before the Lexington game my Sr. year. I guess now it would go something like: Boo's yeller and wears girls panties, Donald fumbles cause he's afraid he'll get hit and he's covering his eyes instead of the ball, Hampton ain't really hurt, he's just one of those chickens that used to go on the goalposts. Belew and Townes and Hastings and Bush and Harris and Kelley are too fat and slow to play, they'll be sucking wind by the 3rd quarter. Hopefully the ugly Mustang cheerleaders will show up so they'll have enough people to put on the field cause I know there ain't gonna be enough men to face the big bad Lions. And then they could sign it from Yoder or Markham, etc.

How's that sound?? (Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Man, that brought back some memories.  One of the highlights of my career was finding my number hangin on the goalposts before the Lexington game my Sr. year.  I guess now it would go something like:  Boo's yeller and wears girls panties, Donald fumbles cause he's afraid he'll get hit and he's covering his eyes instead of the ball, Hampton ain't really hurt, he's just one of those chickens that used to go on the goalposts.  Belew and Townes and Hastings and Bush and Harris and Kelley are too fat and slow to play, they'll be sucking wind by the 3rd quarter.  Hopefully the ugly Mustang cheerleaders will show up so they'll have enough people to put on the field cause I know there ain't gonna be enough men to face the big bad Lions.  And then they could sign it from Yoder or Markham, etc. 

How's that sound??      (Tongue planted firmly in cheek)

825434137[/snapback]

now thats funny right dere i dont care who you are.

Ya'll asked for outside opinions on this game so here's mine. We played both teams (of course) during the regular season and I have also, kept my eye on the playoffs closely.

I really expected Huntingdon to have a bit easier time with Cheatham Co. than they did. Even we (McKenzie) hung with the Cubs untill 9 minutes to go in the game (23-21 at that point) and then we had a meltdown.

At the same time, I expected Fairview to give Camden all (if not more) than they could handle. Fairview is a team that has earned a lot of respect in the playoffs from 6AA opponents! My hat is off to Camden for the job they did last Friday night.

Certainly no disrespect is intended toward Huntingdon but, Camden is playing better football right now. This game is BIG to both schools and a lot of pride will be on the turf Friday night. Huntingdon has the tradition but, Camden has the momentum and fire. Not to mention the Lions have their "act together" now too.

I have close friends associated with both Camden and Huntingdon High Schools and football teams. Right now, I will have to pick Camden in a war---a close war! Huntingdon seems to be changing up their offense too much to get any consistancy working for them so that they can really "hit their stride" here deep in the playoffs.

Huntingdon should go back to their "workhorse" offense (if anyone can remember which one that is) and be mentally focused from the coaches on down Friday night if they intend to stop the Lions. This is a WAY different game than the first meeting earlier in the season.

Ya'll asked for outside opinions on this game so here's mine. We played both teams (of course) during the regular season and I have also, kept my eye on the playoffs closely.

I really expected Huntingdon to have a bit easier time with Cheatham Co. than they did. Even we (McKenzie) hung with the Cubs untill 9 minutes to go in the game (23-21 at that point) and then we had a meltdown.

At the same time, I expected Fairview to give Camden all (if not more) than they could handle. Fairview is a team that has earned a lot of respect in the playoffs from 6AA opponents! My hat is off to Camden for the job they did last Friday night.

Certainly no disrespect is intended toward Huntingdon but, Camden is playing better football right now. This game is BIG to both schools and a lot of pride will be on the turf Friday night. Huntingdon has the tradition but, Camden has the momentum and fire. Not to mention the Lions have their "act together" now too.

I have close friends associated with both Camden and Huntingdon High Schools and football teams. Right now, I will have to pick Camden in a war---a close war! Huntingdon seems to be changing up their offense too much to get any consistancy working for them so that they can really "hit their stride" here deep in the playoffs.

Huntingdon should go back to their "workhorse" offense (if anyone can remember which one that is) and be mentally focused from the coaches on down Friday night if they intend to stop the Lions. This is a WAY different game than the first meeting earlier in the season.

825434168[/snapback]

Duckman.. Good post but Huntingdon is not the same team that played Camden earlier in the year. Different players in different positions now, especially on defense. We've even changed our defense. If the Lions beat the Mustangs I think they will have to do alot of scoring. I don't see Camden shutting down Huntingdon. As for Fairview, I really don't know about them. Sometimes players get down and then give up. Not Huntingdon! Look at the 1st Camden-H'don game. Camden took the lead in the third quarter and Huntingdon starts to drive late in the third to regain the lead in the start of the 4th before all the Lion fans. How many teams can come back like that? In the back of Camden's mind they know that Huntingdon can get er done! I really think there is more pressure on Camden than us believe it or not. Camden is trying to beat Huntingdon and Huntingdon will be trying to win the game and not look at the opponent. Huntingdon KNOWS they can win and Camden THINKS they can. Pressure now is unbelieveable as your Rebels can attest to. Hard to beat the Mustangs in Huntingdon. Camden knows this. Huntingdon also knows they can be beat too so they'll be prepared.... Go Big Blue! Oh yea! Don't let the final score of the H'don-Cheatham game fool you. You've been around awhile like me and you know not to look at comparitive scores. Cheatham coach calls his last timeouts with the Mustangs still driving and the Mustangs take a knee on the one. Hat is off to the Cub Coach for wanting to continue to fight.

Duckman..  Good post but Huntingdon is not the same team that played Camden earlier in the year.  Different players in different positions now, especially on defense.  We've even changed our defense.  If the Lions beat the Mustangs I think they will have to do alot of scoring.  I don't see Camden shutting down Huntingdon.  As for Fairview, I really don't know about them.  Sometimes players get down and then give up.  Not Huntingdon!  Look at the 1st Camden-H'don game.  Camden took the lead in the third quarter and Huntingdon starts to drive late in the third to regain the lead in the start of the 4th before all the Lion fans.  How many teams can come back like that?  In the back of Camden's mind they know that Huntingdon can get er done!  I really think there is more pressure on Camden than us believe it or not.  Camden is trying to beat Huntingdon and Huntingdon will be trying to win the game and not look at the opponent.  Huntingdon KNOWS they can win and Camden THINKS they can.  Pressure now is unbelieveable as your Rebels can attest to.  Hard to beat the Mustangs in Huntingdon.  Camden knows this.  Huntingdon also knows they can be beat too so they'll be prepared....  Go Big Blue!  Oh yea! Don't let the final score of the H'don-Cheatham game fool you.  You've been around awhile like me and you know not to look at comparitive scores.  Cheatham coach calls his last timeouts with the Mustangs still driving and the Mustangs take a knee on the one.  Hat is off to the Cub Coach for wanting to continue to fight.

825434224[/snapback]

I keep hearing that Cheatham would drive downfield running the football but then continually attempt to pass the ball in the redzone, turning the ball over in the process. If Cheatham had ran the ball then would Huntington still be playing? From what i hear they wouldn't be, but of course, that is just what i hear not what i know. I expect Camden to come out fired up, just as they did with Fairview, get some big special teams plays and win the game. Camden wins 35-20

I hear you Blue Eyes,

That's exactly why I said "no disrespect intended". I am very aware of all the factors going on the field Friday night. This is going to be a good one!!!! I have been around this area for more years than most any of the posters on here----as a player, player's parent and just plain fan! I have a HISTORY with both Camden and Huntingdon. I'm sorry that my Rebels aren't in the middle of all this but, this way, I don't feel any pressure----good thing for us senior citizens :lol: !

All my best to both teams Friday night and I'll support whichever team comes out of this game 'till the end! It's a 6AA thang! This will be my last year for a while to be worrying about AA since we're headin' back to A for a while.

I'm still going with Camden for now. It surely isn't personal either!!!

Heck, I KNOW Huntingdon has the talent to win this one but, that talent has to execute a winning game plan. It's up to the coaches AND players at Huntingdon to do that. I may even come over and watch it but, I'll definitely be listening to it if I don't come over.

hey blueEyes do you go to the practices? or know the coaches and/or players personally to know all of you inside stuff? im not trying to disscredit any information you give us, just curious, because i am not around there anymore to see whats goin on and when i do get on here to read the posts just wanna know how some people know things to make sure its right. like i said you might can tell the D has changed from just watching the games, but i have only been back home a couple times to see them play and dont know anything. thanks! and goodluck to the mustangs this week, it looks like many people are having a hard time deciding who will win like last year against milan.