CAMDEN AT HUNTINGTON ROUND 2

badcompanybaseball

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the Camden fans think about moving across the river?  I think they'll be a factor with Fairview and Cheatham Co. gone.  Maybe they can get a new rivalry started with Richland or Stewart County.  I really don't think those schools would bring many fans though.  They should win the region every year but the bad thing is looking east at Goodpasture, DCA, and CPA waiting in the playoffs.  I know Mr. Kee is looking for money games and I hope Huntingdon continues to play you..  Does the Nashville media cover Camden because I don't think the Jackson Sun would send someone to cover the Lions playing Waverly.  Good luck next year!  Tell Mr. Kee we've got his triple cheeseburger with BBQ slaw waiting for him and it's on me!  :lol:

825438320[/snapback]

They don't even cover us now unless our boys are playing Milan or Huntingdon. I don't really blame them. They probably have much better circulation in Carroll and Gibson than they do here. Channel 7 is the same way. In the first round of the playoffs, they had every W. TN score on the board except our game with Lewis Co.

This is what Camden has to do to win. We have to WARD off the Stangs' good running backs. We have to Mc DO WELL in every aspect of the game. We can KNOTT turn the ball over. If all of this comes together, we WILL BLOW them away and travel on to Milan next week. I really feel these are KEE aspects of the game. (I hope we don't have to go to Carver with this bunch of Camden fans.)

Hey Blue Eyes, you got Shelly cooking us up some deer meat in that concession stand?

825438041[/snapback]

And they won't forget at the end of the game WYATT that Camden came over and beat the 'Stangs... :lol:

Good Post!

The worst possible thing that Camden can do is come in thinking that they are better than what they really are, if that makes any sense.  Camden has rolled over Fairview and Lewis County the past two weeks, but they really can't come to Huntingdon feeling like they will beat the defending state champions easily.  Huntingdon is still the defending champs and you know the old saying that the champs won't go down without putting up one heck of a fight.  Huntingdon has got to play better on offense then they have done the past two weeks, but you've also got to look at the fact that they have pitched two shutouts thus far this postseason.  That means that in all likelyhood Camden will find points much harder to come by, especially seeing how this game is being played at Paul Ward Stadium.  I stated earlier in the week that I would make no predictions on this game and I'll stick by that statement.  Should definately be an 'ole fashioned slugest this Friday night folks!!!

825438105[/snapback]

No, it doesn't make any sense. If Camden continues to play like they are they can beat Huntingdon. No, it won't be easy but anything is possible.

What do the Camden fans think about moving across the river?  I think they'll be a factor with Fairview and Cheatham Co. gone.  Maybe they can get a new rivalry started with Richland or Stewart County.  I really don't think those schools would bring many fans though.  They should win the region every year but the bad thing is looking east at Goodpasture, DCA, and CPA waiting in the playoffs.  I know Mr. Kee is looking for money games and I hope Huntingdon continues to play you..  Does the Nashville media cover Camden because I don't think the Jackson Sun would send someone to cover the Lions playing Waverly.  Good luck next year!  Tell Mr. Kee we've got his triple cheeseburger with BBQ slaw waiting for him and it's on me!  :D

825438320[/snapback]

I heard yesterday that Huntingdon is definitely on our next year's schedule and may actually be the first game of the season.... :lol: wow I guess that's one way to start off the year... ;)

This is what Camden has to do to win. We have to WARD off the Stangs' good running backs. We have to Mc DO WELL in every aspect of the game. We can KNOTT turn the ball over. If all of this comes together, we WILL BLOW them away and travel on to Milan next week. I really feel these are KEE aspects of the game. (I hope we don't have to go to Carver with this bunch of Camden fans.)

Hey Blue Eyes, you got Shelly cooking us up some deer meat in that concession stand?

825438041[/snapback]

I Love it!!

Well, I was trying to refrain from commenting on this one but here it goes. I have a tremendous respect for this Lion's Team. They play smart and hard. They have some athletes and their good kids too. But as a recent comparison to any other team, I would compare them to the Mckenzie Rebels of 2001. That rebel team went 10-0 or 9-1(cant remember) in the regular season. Even beat the Mustangs at their house!!!!! They had a good running back (Stenberg) and qb (Hopper) as well as a good O-Line and D-Line with size and quickness that year. They won first two in playoffs and then got severely humbled, I believe by Westview. The point of this comparison is that when a team makes that giant leap of success in one season it is hard for young players (who have not been there before) to realize how much it takes to win in the third,fourth, and the final round of the playoffs. The Stangs even experienced some of this their first trip to the Clinic Bowl and they had been in several big games prior to that. They were so glad to be there, but Goodpasture came to win because they had already been there. I am not saying the Lions cannot win Friday night, they have enough talent to pull it off (especially if the Stangs help some ie... turnovers). But it helps if your program has been in some big games before (in recent memory). If the Lions can maintain this kind of winning consistency for another 2 or 3 years it will really start to show in the Big Games. Just throwing this out there. What do you Lion fans think?

Well, I was trying to refrain from commenting on this one but here it goes.  I have a tremendous respect for this Lion's Team.  They play smart and hard.  They have some athletes and their good kids too.  But as a recent comparison to any other team, I would compare them to the Mckenzie Rebels of 2001.  That rebel team went 10-0 or 9-1(cant remember) in the regular season.  Even beat the Mustangs at their house!!!!! They had a good running back (Stenberg) and qb (Hopper) as well as a good O-Line and D-Line with size and quickness that year.  They won first two in playoffs and then got severely humbled, I believe by Westview.  The point of this comparison is that when a team makes that giant leap of success in one season it is hard for young players (who have not been there before) to realize how much it takes to win in the third,fourth, and the final round of the playoffs.  The Stangs even experienced some of this their first trip to the Clinic Bowl and they had been in several big games prior to that.  They were so glad to be there, but Goodpasture came to win because they had already been there.  I am not saying the Lions cannot win Friday night, they have enough talent to pull it off (especially if the Stangs help some ie... turnovers).  But it helps if your program has been in some big games before (in recent memory).  If the Lions can maintain this kind of winning consistency for another 2 or 3 years it will really start to show in the Big Games.  Just throwing this out there.  What do you Lion fans think?

825438829[/snapback]

What every one who is not a die-hard Camden fan doesn't understand is that this is ALL uncharted territory for Camden....never had a home playoff game before...won that....never won a second round playoff game period....certainly never dominated our opponents in the 2 previous playoff games that Camden has won....we've heard all year how we were not supposed to do this or accomplish that....how we are playing really well and we may be a force to be reckoned with in a new weaker region maybe in a few years...well guess what??..obviously this team hasn't been listening to all the nay-sayers ...they have just been quietly going along and taking care of business and I imagine that will continue, because it doesn't seem to matter if its a big game or not...they just take care of business....and there is only one piece of unfinished business left....and that will be taken care of on Friday Nite...and then it will probably be back to business as usual...the business of winning that is.