CAMDEN AT HUNTINGTON ROUND 2

badcompanybaseball

Good morning to all. wow what a week and all the grown ups (from both sides ) talking all the trash . i have read 15 pages of some good , some bad , posts . the only thing i think really matters is that tonight in huntingdon , a tough game will be played by fantastic young men from both counties. the mustang fans have a right to speak their mind, as do the camden fans, they both should be proud of their teams! I am not sure why we as adults have to talk so much junk to each other over a computer . both teams are ready to play , the coaches have done all they can and tonight the boys will go out there and play hard ! i just sent my player out the door and he is ready to play the game , his quarterback ( who picked him up )says he is ready , and i am sure this day will be a slow one till the guys hit the bus and head out ! i pray for a good clean game and for the players safety, that the parents and fans from both sides will act like they have some sense! both teams are going to act that way why not us? good luck to all the players , but i am pulling for MY LIONS , so come out and support your team and may the best team win. LIONS 24---STANGS 20

825440491[/snapback]

I agree, enough talk. Its time to play. Go Stangs!!!!!!! thumb

Best wishes to all who compete!!!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game day has arrived! To Huntingdon, I personally wish each and every one of you the best of luck tonight. May the best team win. Hopefully everybody will leave in one piece. Your Mustangs have a rich tradition and I hope that continues in the coming years. To Camden, its been a great run and I don't want to see it end tonight. This group of young men has fought hard every week for the past year and the whole town has gone Lion crazy. It's great to see a town come together and root these fine young men on. Huntingdon has great people and a solid football team with some fine young men of their own. But only one team will move on, but neither team should consider the year a failure. Whoever wins this game tonight I will root for them all the way to Murfreesboro. Let's make sure that Region 6-2A is represented in the boro. I have had my share of comments this week. It was just all in fun, and no disrespect to nobody. My feelings aren't hurt and I hope no one else is either. To both teams, play well, fight hard, and present yourself with pride. I will not make a prediction on the game because in my opinion either team could win. Good luck Mustangs, but go Lions!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Well its almost time to open the gifts our outstanding young men have wrapped for us.I would like to wish to both teams good luck tonight and good health on to the next game. To the winner of this game take it all the way to the BORO. For our CAMDEN LIONS, guy's we love each and everyone of you, and you all have made us PROUD...........GO LOINS..........HEAR US ROAR thumb

You know, I think it really stinks how a lot of trash talking can really ruin a game. With as hard as these boys work, maybe we should let them decide the outcome of this one? I've already given my breakdown of the game, its on one of the first pages of this thread if you want to see it. I still believe Camden will win this game, though. But, I'm not gonna stand toe to toe in a trash talk battle to get my point across.

I'm a Camden fan, and I played during those two 0-10 seasons not too long ago. There was hardly anyone in the stands when we played those two seasons. All you heard around school/town/work was how bad we were, and this and that and this and that.  It was hard to go out and play those two years. Suit up in practice, play hard Friday night, then go home with a loss and hear from everyone about how bad you stink. Everyone trying to tell you whats wrong with the team, what you should do, etc. But you know what? The fans that were at those games, however few they were, are still going to those games.

Thanks to all the fans that have supported the Lions through thick and thin. I think you all knew there were years like this to come.

As for Huntingdon, nothing but respect. With the exception of this game and any other you play against my Lions, I am always rooting for you guys. Again, good luck Friday night, and I'll see you all there. Someone in Black and Gold Country should save me a nice seat of the warm and dry variety <_<

825439646[/snapback]

Good post rcombs. I was there too during those lean years. It is sort of bad to see such a following while we are winning, where were they then??? But that is in the past. Glad most of these boys don't remember that part of history. It is history. It will be a great game tonight. Hope players on both sides know how much their fans support them. They need to know we are all there for them. May they all stay injury free tonight and have the game of their lives! Go Lions...

Good morning to all. wow what a week and all the grown ups (from both sides ) talking all the trash . i have read 15 pages of some good , some bad , posts . the only thing i think really matters is that tonight in huntingdon , a tough game will be played by fantastic young men from both counties. the mustang fans have a right to speak their mind, as do the camden fans, they both should be proud of their teams! I am not sure why we as adults have to talk so much junk to each other over a computer . both teams are ready to play , the coaches have done all they can and tonight the boys will go out there and play hard ! i just sent my player out the door and he is ready to play the game , his quarterback ( who picked him up )says he is ready , and i am sure this day will be a slow one till the guys hit the bus and head out ! i pray for a good clean game and for the players safety, that the parents and fans from both sides will act like they have some sense! both teams are going to act that way why not us? good luck to all the players , but i am pulling for MY LIONS , so come out and support your team and may the best team win. LIONS 24---STANGS 20

825440491[/snapback]

It will definately be a long day for everyone. May the team who really wants it more win. So proud of our Camden Lions!!!!!! thumb

See you at the game dirtyal300...get there early!

We hear about how great Camden's coaches are and this and that but why do we not hear about Huntingdon's coaches?

825440955[/snapback]

If most o our fans got on here and proclaimed the greatness of our coaches they wouldn't have anyone to blame for losses. In my humble opinion this is the best staff Huntingdon High School has seen or will ever see assembled together .We've added one piece at a time. Sure, we've had good coaches before, but we never had one who got us past the first round of the playoffs until Mansfield and that includes the great Paul Ward. This group has taken a school with one of the smallest enrollments in 2A to two state championship games, numerous regional titles, played in the semifinals a bunch and now after losing possibly the greatest assembly of athletes we've ever seen here last year, we're back in the quarterfinals. We take it for granted that it will go on forever but I for one dread the day this staff breaks up. When it does thats when we'll all be talking about how good they were.

Game day has arrived!  To Huntingdon, I personally wish each and every one of you the best of luck tonight.  May the best team win.  Hopefully everybody will leave in one piece.  Your Mustangs have a rich tradition and I hope that continues in the coming years.  To Camden, its been a great run and I don't want to see it end tonight.  This group of young men has fought hard every week for the past year and the whole town has gone Lion crazy.  It's great to see a town come together and root these fine young men on.  Huntingdon has great people and a solid football team with some fine young men of their own.  But only one team will move on, but neither team should consider the year a failure.  Whoever wins this game tonight I will root for them all the way to Murfreesboro.  Let's make sure that Region 6-2A is represented in the boro.  I have had my share of comments this week.  It was just all in fun, and no disrespect to nobody.  My feelings aren't hurt and I hope no one else is either.  To both teams, play well, fight hard, and present yourself with pride.  I will not make a prediction on the game because in my opinion either team could win.  Good luck Mustangs,  but go Lions!!!!!!!!!!

825440594[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. It's all in fun. I've got bunches of buddies in Camden and we give each other fits. I'm real glad that Camden has something to be proud of, I know how bad they have wanted this for some time now. I wish we could meet in the finals but somebody has got to go home tonight. We're buddies but not that close!! GO MUSTANGS!!! Free toe-digging lessons to the next 20 customers!!!!

Edited by mustang69

<_<

My sentiments exactly. It's all in fun. I've got bunches of buddies in Camden and we give each other fits. I'm real glad that Camden has something to be proud of, I know how bad they have wanted this for some time now. I wish we could meet in the finals but somebody has got to go home tonight. We're buddies but not that close!!  GO MUSTANGS!!! Free toe-digging lessons to the next 20 customers!!!!

825441029[/snapback]

Good morning to you all. I know of one of you that shares my pain and has a headache this morning.

Well, its almost that time! My final pregame analysis:

The defending state AA champions, the Huntingdon Mustangs (10-2) will play host to region rival the Camden Central Lions (11-1) in what promises to be the West Tennessee slobberknocker of the year.

Huntingdon comes in to this game lead by junior Phillip "Boo" Weathers, a Tennessee Mr. Football finalist this year. In week 6, Weathers and Co. burned the Lions with a stunning 399 yards rushing against a tough Lion defense. Weathers also had three touchdowns. This killer rushing attack, also lead by sophomore Chris Donald, was the single factor that handed the Lions their only loss of the season, 35-21. But the offense is no longer what they are talking about in Carroll County. With a big and physical defensive line, Huntingdon has plowed through the playoffs, shutting out all opposition, and scoring 24.5 points a game in the two games they have played thus far.

But hold on one second. Camden has been revitalized after the loss to the Mustangs. They have rattled off six consecutive wins, including wins over a tough region 7AA Dresden team, and region 5AA champion, the Fairview Yellowjackets, proving that defense wins games. Their defense has also been shutting people down in the playoffs. The only blemish this postseason is a late touchdown scored by Fairview tailback Bobby Martin, against the Freshman team defense. They have yet to give up 200 total yards in a playoff game, and haven't allowed a century mark rusher since Weathers and Donald lit them up. It seems like Heath Yoder, John Hodge and Josh Guajardo are constantly in the punching a quarterback in the mouth, and Bryce Wilbanks has had a stellar year at linebacker, with 4 sacks and three interceptions, on top of around 120 tackles. But offense is what scores points. And offense is what the Lions have had this postseason. They have posted up 101 points in the last three game, lead by junior running back, Josh Boyd. Boyd has ran wild this post season, scampering for 265 yards and five touchdowns in two games. His younger brother Byron is not only a running threat, but also a threat out in the flats and across the middle. Byron has posted up some really good numbers both receiving and rushing.

Keys to victory:

Huntingdon- Make Camden play defense on their toes. Look for the ball in the hands of Phillip Weathers. He's a homerun threat every single time he touches the ball. They should also look for the play action pass downfield to catch the defensive backs looking for the run. Finally, they have to stop the run. If they can force Camden to play one dimensional football, they should have better chances by forcing the game into the hands of Brian Markham. If they should force Camden to throw the ball, you should expect to see a package of blitzes to put the heat on Markham.

Camden- The defensive line must play smart football. Get in the hip pockets of the pulling guards/tackles. Donald busted off a 67 yard scoring run straight down the middle in week six. The defensive ends will also have a fit keeping Weathers from getting the corner. But if they can force Huntingdon into third down and long situations, they should have no trouble shutting down that Mustang Points Machine. They also cannot give up the big play. Four of Huntingdon's five touchdowns in week six were from thirty yards out or more. And finally, put the ball in the hands of Josh Boyd. He's on fire right now, and could be the single factor that propels the Lions to victory.

My pick: Camden 31-Huntingdon 28

Magic number- 37. Number of yards Phillip Weathers needs to eclipse the 2,000 yard mark, also the number of yards Camden allowed Bobby Martin of Fairview, the second leading rusher in Middle Tennessee.

Edited by rcombs

Dear old dad,

Good point. It really makes it easy to appreciate what Huntingdon HAS accomplished under Coach Mansfield! We (CHS) have enjoyed this season & being in the playoffs past a 47-0 whuppin' by some team across the river in round 1, think about what HHS has been able to do! Very steady performance over a lot of years PLUS bringin' home the gold ball last year! Really does speak volumes about doing a LOT of things right.

It is going to be a great game, I pray for everyone on both teams to be healthy at the final horn.

GO LIONS!

thumb

My sentiments exactly. It's all in fun. I've got bunches of buddies in Camden and we give each other fits. I'm real glad that Camden has something to be proud of, I know how bad they have wanted this for some time now. I wish we could meet in the finals but somebody has got to go home tonight. We're buddies but not that close!!  GO MUSTANGS!!! Free toe-digging lessons to the next 20 customers!!!!

825441029[/snapback]

Yeah, everybody needs to remember it is all in fun. No hurt feelings, but everybody supporting your team. This has been a great week jabbering back and forth with all the H-town fans. Some of the other teams only have one or two people that get on here and run their mouths. Both of the teams tonight have plenty of fans to talk smack. I work in Huntingdon. All the screen savers on the computers get changed to something about Camden when I go by. No matter who wins tonight I'm going to try to go to the game next week. Good luck to all and be safe parking in the loaded lot and street tonight!!

Mustang---------it's what's for dinner!!!!!!!