South Side & Greenbrier

SSmitty

Ok, lets look common opponents with region 6 and see how that lands.

GB beat Montgomery Central 42-6 Reg6 beat Mont. Central 49-0 That's plus 13 Region 6

GB beat Page 17-13 Reg6 beat Page 10-3 That's plus 4 Region 6

GB beat McNairy Central 42-6 Reg6 beat McNairy Central 14-13 That's plus 21 GB

GB beat Marshall Co. 23-13 & 35-0 and MC beat Lexington 31-20 That's plus 34 GB

If you add that up it's GB-55 - Region 6-19 and since JSS is the only one left I guess that'll be the final score.

When you look at it like that I may make the trip all the way to Jackson after all.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As EZ said, these two teams are not familiar with each other. Should make for an interesting game of cat-n-mouse in the first half. I imagine the second half to be where all the excitement comes.

I don't know anything at all about JSS, but I don't think it matters at this time. The Bobcats are on a roll and appear to be gelling as a team after overcoming some mid-season injuries. If they play as well as they have the last two weeks, they win going away by at least 14.

However, if they don't play sound football (i.e. good blocking and tackling) and turn the ball over more than once, who knows.

Looking forward to the trip to Jackson. Even though I'd love to be home for this game, I do enjoy travelling and seeing other schools' stadiums.

Thanks Cat2, if you get a stats link for the season, Id appreciate it.

825431367[/snapback]

Accidently hit "delete" instead of "edit" trying to add another link, GBT57. I'll just add what I find here so check this message. Don't know how long these things will stay on the net though.

http://miva.jacksonsun.com/miva/cgi-bin/mi...200411136672528

http://miva.jacksonsun.com/miva/cgi-bin/mi...200411106663353

Sonny Moore's Computer Football Power Rankings

updated today 11/13/2004 (through last night's games)

3A

13 FULTON 3A 10 2 0 130.51

37 COVINGTON 3A 9 3 0 121.66

41 AUSTIN-EAST 3A 12 0 0 120.27

42 GREENBRIER 3A 11 1 0 120.17

58 JACKSON SOUTH SIDE 3A 9 3 0 116.16

63 KINGSBURY 3A 11 1 0 115.37

Team Conf Pct Overall PF PF/G PA PA/G

Jackson South Side 6 - 0 1.000 9 - 3 (0.750) 287 23.9 101 8.4

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Don't worry about the stats because we beat liberty 35 to 0 and liberty beat south side 10 to 7. But will let you no there defence is for real, great size, good speed.But not taking anything from herndon he is good to. But when he hits a hole he better be moving. I will be at these one pulling for the hawks man that was hard to say. GO REGION 6 CAV FAN FOR LIFE

Edited by shane hay

Greenbrier meets SS....I am picking the most disciplined team in this one.....a Region 5 team from a little northwest of Nashville...a sleepy little town....a place to raise your kids and feel safe...........but the only place safe for SS will be if you are on the sidelines for this one.

The community is behind this team like no other.......this team is together!!!!!

They are not on an adventure...they are not on a quest.....they are on a mission....yes folks...a mission. I can't find much in the form of weakness from Greenbrier....and when they are clicking on all cylinders....look out! They are more like a machine...they don't have flashy type players.....but they are "hungry" and this team is very deep. They don't panic and everyone knows their role.

I am sure SS has a very good team and deserves to be in this game..........that being said.......I know that the SS QB had a big game against Crockett....but the pressure he will get from the Bobcat defense will be very intense.....there will be times when you think the defense has 14 players on the field at one time. It will be hard for him to throw or run while he is flat on his back.

SS may have more speed .....if you over pursue Herndon and Co. will be tossing the football to the ref in the endzone. In that respect, SS will have problems with misdirection. If you stay "home" you will get run over or picked to pieces by the passing game. The GB passing game is very underrated.

SS will have to have "BIG PLAYS" to win and I don't see GB giving those up. I wonder when the last time a 3a team marched the ball down the throat of GB?

Don't worry about the stats because we beat liberty 35 to 0 and liberty beat south side 10 to 7. But will let you no there defence is for real, great size, good speed.But not taking anything from herndon he is good to. But when he hits a hole he better be moving. I will be at these one pulling for the hawks man that was hard to say. GO REGION 6  CAV FAN FOR LIFE

825431431[/snapback]

The Liberty game was just a fluke.Don't know what happen to us that night.We had lots of key players injured and where out for that game(But that's no excuse for what happened that night). The touchdown that Liberty scored to put them ahead was luck. They fumbled the ball and it bounced into the endzone and they recovered it for a touchdown. We have made some postion changes that have helped us tremendously. Especially the change in QB's. Marshall is a great all-around player and has done a great job at QB. A change that was much needed.Southside should have also beat USJ and been 9-1 for the season but that didn't happen either. The team has really bounced back from these 2 losses and have made a great season for this team. We are proud of our HAWK team for keeping there heads! Take it all the way! Thanks cavs fan for the support. Ya'll put up one great fight against us Friday and it was a great game(you really gave us a scare). Will be looking forward to your support Friday night.Your fans know how to pack a stadium and support your team which is great to see! GO HAWKS! BEAT GREENBRIER!