MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

WOW!!! I did not realize that Montgomery Bell Academy had dominated the league like that.  The are a classy school as are my Eagles.  Let's give them props for dominating the toughest league in TN year in and year out.  From what I heard, they should have beat MUS down in Memphis.  The way a few MUS people are talking (Margariteville) it sounds like MUS  would have won more that 1.  Be proud of that and head back to Memphis.

West TN has a long way to go before challenging middle TN as the kings of TN football.

We have won 9, and MUS can't say any thing about classification because we were beating them for every one of those back in 1a and 2a.

825453588[/snapback]

Your post has no relevance to this year. Yeah your eagles are classy but so what? They lost a lot of schools are classy. We may not be challenging Middle TN as kings but we sure are the kings this year so step down you ignorant fool. And for hearing MBA "should have beaten us" well odds are they should'nt since they lost twice within a span of 3 weeks. A comment like this has no factual basis and makes you sound like a whining child in kindergarden. Almost or should have only count in horseshoes, handgernades, and nuclear weapons. No doubt MBA and MUS were the best two teams in the league. You can not take away what MUS has done this year nor can you take away what teams like MBA and BA have done in the past years.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post has no relevance to this year.  Yeah your eagles are classy but so what? They lost a lot of schools are classy.  We may not be challenging Middle TN as kings but we sure are the kings this year so step down you ignorant fool.  And for hearing MBA "should have beaten us" well odds are they shouldn't since they lost twice within a span of 3 weeks.  A comment like this has no factual basis and makes you sound like a whining child in kindergarden.  Almost or should have only count in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.  No doubt MBA and MUS were the best two teams in the league.  You can not take away what MUS has done this year nor can you take away what teams like MBA and BA have done in the past years.

825458005[/snapback]

I concur.

With due congratulations to MUS for the title this year, now that the season is behind us, is it too early to start looking ahead to next year?

I think the league will be much like this year - very balanced. I don't see a clear favorite at this point. Here are my initial thoughts (no particular order):

MUS - defending champs will be in a very similar position that MBA was in this year, having to replace a ton of talent on offense (QB, RBs, WRs) but enough returners on defense to carry the O until it can put it together.

CBHS - not real sure about who's back. The late season slide (5 losses in a row), particularly defensively, this year after a great start was baffling.

Briarcrest - welcome. I think they will find the going much tougher week-in and week-out, but I think they will be competitive (played MUS and CBHS well this year). Losing Oher and Sparks will hurt.

Brentwood Acad. - may have the best backfield in the league, if they can find a QB. Four super sophs in Kottas, Ford, White, and Garrett will be a handful.

MBA - should have stout defense again and have some experience with Howe at QB and Snyder at RB. Question marks on the O-line and at K must be addressed.

Ryan - new coach and fighting off years of frustration, but JV and freshmen look to be improved.

McCallie - loss of Hilt at WR will hurt, as well as losses of Ayanga O. and Nick Moore on D. QB Coleman had a great year as a soph this year.

Baylor - Braswell is finally gone. Baylor will miss him; the rest of the league will not. Needs to find some offensive leaders to complement good O and D lines.

Should be another great year. Just a lot of waiting between now and then.