MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

whoever said that MUS relies more heavily on the pass has probably not paid attention to the owls this season, while this might have been true in the past it is not the case this year. the buzzard D will hold BA to under 10 pts they avg. only giving up 8.5 over 11 games this season. MUS has to many playmakers on both sides of the ball and on special teams for BA to hold them down. but whoever comes out on top, tomorrow nights game will be a classic.

GO BUZZARDS!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain will benefit the Eagles in one way and the Owls in another.

Since MUS relies more heavily on the pass than the Eagles, the Owls are more prone to make big mistakes since more bad things can happen through the air than on the ground.  Having said that, it may still be a challenge for BA's running backs to hold onto the football.

Though BA has more speed than MUS, a wet field will help equalize the speed factor.

Overall, rain will have minimal impact upon the game since both teams are so fundamentally sound.

825446072[/snapback]

mus 265 rushing yds against ba last team.. heavy passing team right there

whoever said that MUS relies more heavily on the pass has probably not paid attention to the owls this season, while this might have been true in the past it is not the case this year. the buzzard D will hold BA to under 10 pts they avg. only giving up 8.5 over 11 games this season. MUS has to many playmakers on both sides of the ball and on special teams for BA to hold them down. but whoever comes out on top, tomorrow nights game will be a classic.

GO BUZZARDS!

825447452[/snapback]

Special teams could indeed be a factor. In the games BA has lost, special teams were the difference. I do believe the Eagles can control the clock on MUS, and will win in a relatively low scoring game.

...and once again, if the Owls hold BA under 10 points...more power to them, but IMHO, there is no way that happens.

somebody said that Comcast was televising them - but I don't know and also don't know if delayed or live.  Maybe tssaa site will tell tommorrow if they are or something.  I believe our station that airs our games in Millington is going to film and do a delayed broadcast locally for our game. , Tipton Rosemark  but I am not sure about every body elses.

825445180[/snapback]

Only the AAA game will be telecast by Comcast.

I wish both teams utmost fortune tonight -- you may need it since the field might just be 80% mud by kickoff.

Primarily, though, I want to tell the Brentwood Academy players how much I've admired your relentlessness this year. In a season many had begun to label a down year, you kept playing and practicing with the same tenacity as you had when Centennial was barely a forethought. Your perseverance paid off. You avenged two losses to get to Dudley Field, and you will have to avenge a third to take home the school's first gold ball since 1996. You've done it twice -- do it again.

None of you attended BA when we won our last gold ball, but I did. Very few events serve as stronger unifying factors than vying for a state championship. There was nothing like the excitement the 1996 state title team created. And, for that matter, the excitement the 1974, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1991, and 1995 teams created. You have a chance to further unite the BA family. We've done it 9 times -- do it again.

But when it all comes down to it, you're not trying to accomplish any kind of superhuman feat tonight. You just need one more win. 48 minutes of football. MUS is a great football team, but if you play like you know how to play, you won't have to worry about getting the gold ball. They'll bring it to you after the game. You just have to do your job and get one more win. You've done it 8 times -- do it again.

When I'm at BA's Thanksgiving service tomorrow, I'll be on cloud nine whether you win or lose tonight. It'll be a tremendous blessing to see the faculty, staff, and fellow students -- the family -- who made my Brentwood Academy experience so invaluable.

But gosh, that predictably bland potluck food would taste so much sweeter with a little gold in the trophy case across the hall. And I have a feeling the Open Mic time might be a little more thankful.

Go Eagles.

-Wes

If I had to guess, I would say that BA's total yardage (rush, pass, and special teams) was greater than MUS', but the bottom line is defense wins championships.

BA had its opportunities, but you have to give MUS' defense credit. They stood firm and from the looks of it (based on their avg/pts against per game) did what they have done all year - kept the opposing team out of the end-zone.

From what I read, it's been 14 years since MUS last played in the Clinic Bowl and 19 since its last State Championship. Congratulations!