MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

"MUS player took a cheap shot after the play was dead"

If it was a cheap shot after the play was dead then why did he not get a flag like Griffin did and don't tell me it was Memphis refs cheating against <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>.

825437631[/snapback]

It was Memphis refs cheating against Brentwood Academy.

Edited by itzme

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play and it should be a good one. I think BA is bigger and stronger but the intangibles such as experience, overall team savvy plus a more diversifiied offense go to MUS. Most people believe MUS has a throw at all costs offense and that they try to outscore the opponent. I do not believe that is true. MUS defense is very good although it will be challenged by a BA offense that has found its stride since # 2 moved to QB. I reallythink the key will be for MUS to keep BA at less than 21 points. BA must avoid turnovers in order to win

MUS 21

BA 14

Edited by Chattcity

It's Friday and I'm in prediction mode. Before I pick the game, though, I'll detail each team. Since I haven't had time to research MUS, I'll talk about BA and discuss MUS Monday.

Brentwood Academy brings a simple offensive attack to Dudley Field. Run the ball out of the I-formation, and when you've lulled the defense to sleep you can throw an 8-yard out pattern or chuck it deep. QB Tyler Griffin leads BA's offense into his second consecutive Clinic Bowl, and BA's 5th in a row. His sturdy leadership, strength, and tenacity are a support and a microcosm of this Brentwood Academy football team.

Where Griffin, a senior, is the driving wind, sophomores Tyree Ford and Ryan White are the lightning and thunder. Ford's quickness and strength make him a task to tackle; don't let him into the open field or you'll never catch him. White hasn't quite filled his physical frame yet, but uses his strength to surge through the opposing defensive line and knock over a few linebackers. Even if you know he's getting the ball, he'll still gain at least three yards -- usually more.

If BA wants to have consistent offensive success, it must put the ball in the hands of sophomore WR Bill Kottas. The young pass-catcher has developed over the past few games, and his reliability will become a staple of the BA offense in the next couple years. First, though, he will be relied upon as a change of pace from the running game, and will probably need to score at least one TD for BA to win the state championship.

Defensively, the Eagles are stout. They shut out McCallie's precise Wing-T for three and a half quarters last Friday, and now shift their focus to a completely different offense -- MUS's spread attack. In order to succeed, the defensive linemen must penetrate into the Owl backfield, so that hard-hitting linebackers Cason and Schuyler can have free reign over the middle. CB Bruce Little picked two passes last week -- running one back for a touchdown -- and needs to lock onto J.D. Lawhorn and prevent him from making any big plays. BA can afford to let MUS score twice, but probably not three times. It will be a low-scoring game.

I'll talk about MUS next Monday and offer my prediction then.

Edited by WesVols

It's Friday and I'm in prediction mode.  Before I pick the game, though, I'll detail each team.  Since I haven't had time to research MUS, I'll talk about BA and discuss MUS Monday.

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> brings a simple offensive attack to Dudley Field.  Run the ball out of the I-formation, and when you've lulled the defense to sleep you can throw an 8-yard out pattern or chuck it deep.  QB Tyler Griffin leads BA's offense into his second consecutive Clinic Bowl, and BA's 5th in a row.  His sturdy leadership, strength, and tenacity are a support and a microcosm of this <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> football team.

Where Griffin, a senior, is the driving wind, sophomores Tyree Ford and Ryan White are the lightning and thunder.  Ford's quickness and strength make him a task to tackle; don't let him into the open field or you'll never catch him.  White hasn't quite filled his physical frame yet, but uses his strength to surge through the opposing defensive line and knock over a few linebackers.  Even if you know he's getting the ball, he'll still gain at least three yards -- usually more. 

If BA wants to have consistent offensive success, it must put the ball in the hands of sophomore WR Bill Kottas.  The young pass-catcher has developed over the past few games, and his reliability will become a staple of the BA offense in the next couple years.  First, though, he will be relied upon as a change of pace from the running game, and will probably need to score at least one TD for BA to win the state championship.

Defensively, the Eagles are stout.  They shut out McCallie's precise Wing-T for three and a half quarters last Friday, and now shift their focus to a completely different offense -- MUS's spread attack.  In order to succeed, the defensive linemen must penetrate into the Owl backfield, so that hard-hitting linebackers Cason and Schuyler can have free reign over the middle.  CB Bruce Little picked two passes last week -- running one back for a touchdown -- and needs to lock onto J.D. Lawhorn and prevent him from making any big plays.  BA can afford to let MUS score twice, but probably not three times.  It will be a low-scoring game.

I'll talk about MUS next Monday and offer my prediction then.

825441143[/snapback]

...also, it is rumored some linemen play for the team!

(Consider your chain yanked, Wes!! :blink: )

Edited by itzme

...also, it is rumored some linemen play for the team!

(Consider your chain yanked, Wes!! :o )

825441205[/snapback]

I believe that one of the big reasons that BA has done so well over the past several games is the outstanding play of their Offensive & Defensive line. These guys have really stepped up. The O line is opening holes and pass blocking and the D line is controlling the line of scrimmage. My hat is off to these guys – keep it up!

Go Eagles!!!!

I believe that one of the big reasons that BA has done so well over the past several games is the outstanding play of their Offensive & Defensive line.  These guys have really stepped up.  The O line is opening holes and pass blocking and the D line is controlling the line of scrimmage.  My hat is off to these guys – keep it up!

Go Eagles!!!!

825441339[/snapback]

Itzme and BAbest, my omission of the linemen was intentional...I know you guys wanted to talk about them. :o

I was in a hurry to get to stat class and didn't have time to write about the boys in the trenches; ironic since, as BAbest notes, they've been the guys who have carried the team this far. You've covered them now and know more about them than I do, so I'll let your words be the authority.

Go Eagles!!!

A common number seems to be 21, and I agree that if a team reaches this total then the chances are that team will walk home with the golden ball. But that number may be as low as 16. I know that seems odd, but it allows for the kicking game to be a factor.

The key to this match up is who can run the football. Both defenses are solid, and while BA may be bigger, MUS seems faster. And everybody's knows that defense wins championships.

A common number seems to be 21, and I agree that if a team reaches this total then the chances are that team will walk home with the golden ball.  But that number may be as low as 16.  I know that seems odd, but it allows for the kicking game to be a factor.

The key to this match up is who can run the football.  Both defenses are solid, and while BA may be bigger, MUS seems faster.  And everybody's knows that defense wins championships.

825441493[/snapback]

How many games are there on the night MUS plays BA?

Is it at Vandy?