MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams played well in the meeting in Memphis, and MUS clearly was the better team that night. There are several things more going for the Eagles this time, however.

Parker Cason is playing, Nick Forte is playing, Barry Turner is playing TE again, and the Owls have to travel.

Will all those factors add up to a first DII Football Championship for BA? I'll say it will, as Brentwood Academy beats Memphis 24-20 in a thriller.

I agree with everything you said itzme.....except Nick did play the first game vs. MUS on offense, however he was not going both ways, he has since taken Terrell's spot at left tackle on defense, and has greatly improved the defense. I know this isn't as big of a rivalry game as MUS-CBHS or BA-MBA but I hope everybody realizes we are going to witness arguably two of the top 5 teams in the state play for a state title so let's keep this near the top and get some discussion going.

MUS beat BA in the regular season meeting down in Memphis 24-13. However, so did Christian Brothers and McCallie, so hopefully the new BA team will continue to play like it's supposed to November 22.  This will be the 6th Clinic Bowl appearance for BA in the last 7 years, time to put it together. Go Eagles

825431820[/snapback]

Playoff games for Tipton Rosemark/Bishop Byrne, Briarcrest/ECS and MUS/Brentwood are November 23rd, not November 22nd. The games begin at 11:00 am. All teams except Brentwood are from Memphis.

I was at the BA-MBA game a couple of weeks ago. BA has a good defense, even though they lost to MBA. MUS seems like a really strong team beating MBA twice this year. But any team coached by Carlton Flatt is hard to vote against in the championship and I think he will have his troops ready to go and they will pull out a 17-13 victory.

I agree with everything you said itzme.....except Nick did play the first game vs. MUS on offense, however he was not going both ways, he has since taken Terrell's spot at left tackle on defense, and has greatly improved the defense. I know this isn't as big of a rivalry game as MUS-CBHS or BA-MBA but I hope everybody realizes we are going to witness arguably two of the top 5 teams in the state play for a state title so let's keep this near the top and get some discussion going.

825432340[/snapback]

OOps! That's right, Nick was just back for that one.

Obviously, Memphis is favored to win, but BA's on a roll, and finally has developed some confidence. Let's go Eagles!