MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

I definitely like the matchups better for MUS in this game. MUS defense vs. BA offense(win for MUS)- BA defense vs. MUS offense(push)- special teams clearly goes to MUS as well. BA will not be able to generate enough offense, especially if it is raining really bad as the weather channels say. MUS' defense will get the job done again against BA, this time for the title! MUS 17 BA 9        GO BIG BLUE!!!!

825445956[/snapback]

I thonk yopu will find BA's offense to be much different than last time around. No question the Owls have a very good defense, but barring some really nasty weather, there is no way they hold the Eagles to 9 points.

BA 24, MUS 17.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm sad that my Big Red won't be playing at Dudley field tomorrow, I don't have to be nervous about this game. In terms of prediction, I think that BA knows what it's like to play in a Clinic Bowl and will have lots of hometown support. MUS is probably th better team, but this is their first trip to the "big dance" and experience pays of in these big games. That being said, I'm going to keep my prediction and my favorable winner close to home when I pick Brentwood Academy to win tomorrow. It should be a heck of a game, especially if it rains and the field is torn up from the two previous games. Final Score: BA-21 MUS-17 Best of Luck to both teams...wish i could be there.

Rain will benefit the Eagles in one way and the Owls in another.

Since MUS relies more heavily on the pass than the Eagles, the Owls are more prone to make big mistakes since more bad things can happen through the air than on the ground.  Having said that, it may still be a challenge for BA's running backs to hold onto the football.

Though BA has more speed than MUS, a wet field will help equalize the speed factor.

Overall, rain will have minimal impact upon the game since both teams are so fundamentally sound.

825446072[/snapback]

Wait how many times have Brentwood's backs fumbled this year again...

Edited by vols2587

Wait how many times have Brentwood's backs fumbled this year again...

825446832[/snapback]

Not once against McCallie in the semis, and they had a hard-hitting defense.

I'll also answer your question with a question:

How many picks has Park thrown this year?

13 -- more than one per game.

Edited by WesVols

Rain will benefit the Eagles in one way and the Owls in another.

Since MUS relies more heavily on the pass than the Eagles, the Owls are more prone to make big mistakes since more bad things can happen through the air than on the ground.  Having said that, it may still be a challenge for BA's running backs to hold onto the football.

Though BA has more speed than MUS, a wet field will help equalize the speed factor.

Overall, rain will have minimal impact upon the game since both teams are so fundamentally sound.

825446072[/snapback]

If you honestly believe BA has more speed than MUS you have never seen either of them play. MUS as a team has much more speed than BA. But I do agree rain will have a minimal effect on either team. MUS does not rely that heavily on the pass considering they had over 200 yards rushing on BA last game. MUS has a balanced attack on offense as their stats show. I still believe we are all in for a treat as we watch these two teams vie for the golden ball.

Not once against McCallie in the semis, and they had a hard-hitting defense.

I'll also answer your question with a question:

How many picks has Park thrown this year?

13 -- more than one per game.

825446891[/snapback]

These posts are irrelevant. Each team is going to bring their best effort and game to this one. This is a new game and the past games and stats have no meaning. This is a new game and we will have to wait and see what unfolds.

I think MUS knows it is expected to win, and they have no reason to believe differently. BA knows that while they've been here before, a "W" is not a guarantee.

Some things to consider: 1) Weather - If a steady rain persists, then the weather will be a factor. If the field is just wet and no rain during the game, then I don't see it being an issue. 2) Experience - Emotions are high and can get the best of you. 3) Playmakers - Who will show up and make the play when it counts; both teams have weapons who can change the game in one play. 4) Rush - As I noted previously, the team that rushes for the most yards will win. 5) Turnovers and Field Position - Keys to every game.

As for the BA-MUS game, it's hard to think that it would be a blowout. It's happen before at the State but not with these two playing. With as much preparation time as each has been provided, I expect this to be a close game in which the kickers have an impact.

I don't know a great deal about any of the other four teams participating in the State prior to the BA-MUS game, but I congratulate all for making it this far.