MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

Maybe you need to go to reading class since my post says the first touchdown was a kickoff return.  The last time I checked that was on special teams not the defense.  So if you take that touchdown away the BA offense only scored 7 points and in my math classes 7 is less than 9.

825451526[/snapback]

Sigh...

OK, one more time. Here is what I said:

"...and once again, if the Owls hold BA under 10 points...more power to them, but IMHO, there is no way that happens. "

I said nothing about offense, defense, special teams, etc. Now, how many points did BA score? 14. 14 is more than 9.

Thus endeth the lesson for today. Congratulations to the entire MUS community on the big win. Your team earned it and deserved it. Now as a fan, try to be as gracious and classy as your team.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great season for both teams. Congrats to MUS on an outstanding season; they were no doubt the best all-around team in the Super 7 this year, no one would ever think a team could beat MBA and BA twice in the same season to take home the gold ball...and to BA, despite a rough start, you still made it to the championship game in the toughest league in the state, which shows the type of program is at BA; it probably is frustrating, but it is a great accomplishment to make it a regularity to be in the D2 AAA Super 7 Clinic Bowl year in and year out...another great year for the Super 7.

WOW!!! I did not realize that Montgomery Bell Academy had dominated the league like that. The are a classy school as are my Eagles. Let's give them props for dominating the toughest league in TN year in and year out. From what I heard, they should have beat MUS down in Memphis. The way a few MUS people are talking (Margariteville) it sounds like MUS would have won more that 1. Be proud of that and head back to Memphis.

West TN has a long way to go before challenging middle TN as the kings of TN football.

We have won 9, and MUS can't say any thing about classification because we were beating them for every one of those back in 1a and 2a.

Don't get your silverballs in a twist. No one is trying to say that West TN has taken over, but all that matters to us is what happened this year. Congrats to Brentwood for making it to the finals yet again, but I'm proud of my owls for pulling it through.

I, also, don't know that MBA "should have beat MUS down in Memphis". It was a very hard fought game between two good teams, but I agree that that win for MUS should not be taken for granted. Seriously though, we beat them twice, so please don't talk about what should have happened. MBA's QB will definitely be a force to contend with in years to come, and MBA's O and D lines were very disciplined.

The MUS v. Brentwood was a chance for MUS's offense to lend a hand to the defense and special teams that have saved the team in so many games this year.

The no-huddle offense gave the o-line a huge advantage because of mus's platooning(no one goes both ways). Many of Brentwood's players played offense and defense, and I think that was a huge factor. MUS was finally able to control the balanced offense that they had not been able to master completely.

Congrats to all the play-off teams this year.

Go Owls

Edited by priceless109

A great year in Div II-AAA. Unlike the past couple of years when MBA and BA were clearly dominant, every week was a battle. McCallie was 4-0 in region games yet they lost to MBA and beat Baylor by one point. They also whipped BA in the seadon and got whipped by BA in the playoffs. BA loses to CBHS yet they peak at playoff timeand beat CBHS and McCallie. Baylor loses 2 tough games at MBA and loses to McCallie on an errant extra point, yet they give MUS the only blenish on the Owls' season. It really was a season in which nearly every team had a chance on any Friday night.