MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is a thundrstorm type of front. Only predictions I've seen are for rain, tapering off as the day gets later. Hopefully the rain will stay away, or come and go early. Bad weather, as long as it's not a safety concern, should have no impact on playing the game as scheduled.

I've seen conflicting weather reports- Channel 4 said " strong to severe storms likely" while weather.com says 60% chance of just rain for Tuesday. If it's just rain i'm sure the games will be played as usual but storms could cause problems- for example if one game was cancelled or delayed earlier in the day it could screw up the whole schedule.

somebody said that Comcast was televising them - but I don't know and also don't know if delayed or live. Maybe tssaa site will tell tommorrow if they are or something. I believe our station that airs our games in Millington is going to film and do a delayed broadcast locally for our game. , Tipton Rosemark but I am not sure about every body elses.

I definitely like the matchups better for MUS in this game. MUS defense vs. BA offense(win for MUS)- BA defense vs. MUS offense(push)- special teams clearly goes to MUS as well. BA will not be able to generate enough offense, especially if it is raining really bad as the weather channels say. MUS' defense will get the job done again against BA, this time for the title! MUS 17 BA 9 GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Rain will benefit the Eagles in one way and the Owls in another.

Since MUS relies more heavily on the pass than the Eagles, the Owls are more prone to make big mistakes since more bad things can happen through the air than on the ground. Having said that, it may still be a challenge for BA's running backs to hold onto the football.

Though BA has more speed than MUS, a wet field will help equalize the speed factor.

Overall, rain will have minimal impact upon the game since both teams are so fundamentally sound.