9AA Predictions

SPORTZTER1

9AA fans, the season is drawing near, and possibly even started for some. So lets don't play quiet mouse. Who's it going to be? I personally think the teams to beat are my Loretto Lady Mustangs, and the Lady Patriots of Page. What does everyone else think?????

1-Loretto thumb

2-Page

3-Giles Co.

4-Lewis Co.

5-Marshall co.

6-Fairview

Hey Sportzter-

I agree with your first two. Loretto and Page are tough. Loretto has the best player in the district(Cross). And Stone is a great shooter with some good role players. Page has two outstanding post(Harmon & Bagsby), they will be tough to defend. Although Page's guard play is a little suspect.

Giles Co is down. It's hard to replace Leslie. Lewis Co is so young. But could do well come tournament time.

I think the sleeper could be Marshall Co. I think they are well coached and have a lot of ahletes. It would not suprise me to see them in the top three of the district.

But Loretto should win the district.

9AA fans, the season is drawing near, and possibly even started for some. So lets don't play quiet mouse. Who's it going to be? I personally think the teams to beat are my Loretto Lady Mustangs, and the Lady Patriots of Page. What does everyone else think????? 

1-Loretto  thumb

2-Page

3-Giles Co.

4-Lewis Co.

5-Marshall co.

6-Fairview

825434628[/snapback]

Gotta go w/ LoTown! If they play to their ability or even near it, they will not have much competition in the district.. However, they are known for beating great teams and losing to avg teams... so they have to get over that... as well as practice free throws... hopefully their FT % was better in shelbyville than columbia...

I agree that Loretto will be tough, but don't overlook my Lady Patriots. With new coach Kathy Dye, they will be a much improved team over last year. While Page's guard play may but suspect to some, I think that Libby Barker will be a good point and Kayla & Leslie Young have improved over the summer and in fall ball play. Lewis could surprise some people as well. While guard Casey Anderson is still recovering somewhat from her ACL injury, I expect her to be back soon. Nicole Duncan will be getting plenty of blocked shots again this season and others will step up with some outside shooting. Giles Co., Fairview, and possibly Marshall Co. have lost some key players, but should develope during the season.

Where is all the 9AA fans at?? This should be an exciting season, especially with a couple of teams in the district very capable of going deep into post season play!! Let's hear it 9AA!! What does everyone think??

As always, Going with my Lady Mustangs!! with Page Lady Patriots at a close 2nd, but thats just my prediction, it could be anybody!! Talk it up!! :huh:

Where is all the 9AA fans at?? This should be an exciting season, especially with a couple of teams in the district very capable of going deep into post season play!! Let's hear it 9AA!! What does everyone think??

As always, Going with my Lady Mustangs!! with Page Lady Patriots at a close 2nd, but thats just my prediction, it could be anybody!! Talk it up!! :lol:

825438511[/snapback]

I am greatly looking foreward to 12/10 first meeting this season between Page and Loretto. Should be a great game. I hope Page can come out on top but you never know.

I predict Fairview will also surprise some of the fans and be in the mix for best team in 9AA. They have a good inside/outside balance.

Page is going to be very tough to beat when they get just a little better at working the ball inside and taking a little pressure off of the outside shooters.

Well i honestly believe that after a very menacing victory for lewis county over waverly central that they are not going to be a pushover in this district, i'm not saying that they will win the district but they have a very reasonable shot at it. Loretto is obviously the favorite and i think they lewis county will do very well and surprise alot of people in the district.

This district is always a tough one. I always enjoyed the macth-ups and tourneys back in the day and hopefully I will get to catch some action this year. Loretto is the favorite but I think everyone is within striking distance of them. Dont count out my Jackets, they lost some seniors and their coach but the replacements are more than capable of being even better.