Gerry Bertier

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USJ will do fine in this region. I promise you they will find a way to compete for first place every season! They have the resources, talent, and coaching staff to get the job done!

825435632[/snapback]

I think it will take a year or 2 for USJ to adapt to the 2A schedule. They've struggled with Riverside the last 2 years, losing in 2003 and just squeaking by this year. Riverside has only won 6 games the last 2 years. Not saying they can't compete, but it will be tough at first. Especially since Liberty, Madison and JCS are getting some of those kids USJ used to get.

The basis is history.  However, history does not always repeat itself, especially in football.  That's why highschool football is such a wonderful thing!  Good luck to all the teams in the next four years with the new classifications.

825436086[/snapback]

Well if you go by history the 9 gold balls that are in Region 5 out number the 6 in Region 6.

i personally think region 7 will be stronger. the bar for success rises when you have to play huntingdon, milan, westview, dresden, and usj year in and year out.

personally i dont know how USJ will fair in 2A.. it seems alot of their games were either 7 to 6 squeekers or a blowout against a team like gleason. i'm guessing it will take them at least a season to adjust to smashmouth football instead of being so finesse.

it shall be interesting to see which powerhouse they get to do battle with first.

GB,

I voted for region 7 too and my basis isn't really on history (long term) even though that has some bearing. My reasons are the last 10 years (short term). The rivalrys that have come out of these two regions lately is huge. And it's been fun. The fun won't stop but, the numbers will change (for the regions).After (10 +/-) years of watching the teams in these two regions play in the playoffs, USUALLY, the strength will be with 7AA now. Unfortunately, in both these regions there will probably be a very good team or two that doesn't go to the playoffs.

In reference to posts made concerning USJ, the biggest difference for them is that USJ will have to show up ready for a BIG game 5-6 times a season now as opposed to 1 or 2 times in the past! That will take it's toll on them for a while!

As a McKenzie fan, we are moving to A and the region that we are now aligned in isn't much better. There will be very good A teams stay home for the playoffs in Region 7A. This stuff is what keeps us all going out on Friday night to see what happens and to support our teams!

Edited by duckman38201