Region 6-3A coaches are happy

chewalla

The coaches in Region 6-3A have to be happy to be away from Crockett County. I'm surprised they put Haywood and Crockett in the same region. Dyerburg probably wishes now they were still in 4A because their 3A region is tougher than their old region.

McNairy Central probably would be the favorite coming into next season in Region 6 based on what they have returning. Looking at Region 5-3A, it has gotten tougher with the addition of David Lipscomb.

It will be interesting to see what the basketball classifications look like later today.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Somebody make a phone call to Selmer and ask Tommy Browder how he feels about his chances in this region, LOL!!!! With the exception of Southside and McNairy, and maybe Bolivar who showed flashes this year, this region will be a joke in 2005. Lexington is about to drop off big time and Liberty Tech might have a shot to make the playoffs in this weak region. Chester County has trouble beating teams like Adamsville and Riverside. Fayette-Ware needs to concentrate on trying to win a game.

i don't think 6-3a is a joke. i don't think it is as strong as region 7 but thats the way it goes.

i look for liberty to be a force in this district next year, maybe even winning the district.

i wish that fayette-ware would have been moved to region 8 with the 5 memphis teams. that would have made sense and balanced out the regions numbers a little bit better. then crockett could have stayed where they were.

crockett county will be tough the next several years, and will certainly be battle tested come playoff time.

what would you rather watch crockett-covington, crockett-haywood, crockett-dyersburg or crockett-fayette ware or chester county?

i think the new district will be exciting, way more exciting than some of the blowouts we have had in the past. give it a chance cavcav, i think it will be fun. and we don't have to listen to bulldog69 anymore as an added bonus.

A lot of people have always thought we're a joke because we don't "play anybody". We'll have to win state to prove to people what a strong program we got. Coach Pratt has been the best thing to happen to that football program and even to some of those boys. I hope they keep him around a long time.

I'd like to see the Crockett/Covington game. Istill hate it that we don't play Milan anymore. I remember when they beat us by one point at our house and that was our last losing game there.

A lot of people have always thought we're a joke because we don't "play anybody". We'll have to win state to prove to people what a strong program we got. Coach Pratt has been the best thing to happen to that football program and even to some of those boys. I hope they keep him around a long time.

I'd like to see the Crockett/Covington game. Istill hate it that we don't play Milan anymore. I remember when they beat us by one point at our house and that was our last losing game there.

825435532[/snapback]

Alot of people,maybe...But not all....I have great respect for the Cavalier program....It has come a along way from the days when I played and they were everybody's homecoming opponent...I was glad to see Crockett move into the region instead of Fayette-Ware....It made NO sense to have D-burg and Crockett seperated...There will be old rivalries rekindled with playoff implications....Covington's strong-hold on the region is about to end...And there will be some GOOD football teams left home come play-off time.....

as far as dyersburg wishing they stayed in 4A is far from the truth......dyersbrug is very excited about playing in the new region....the rebirth of old rivalries will add more excitement and more $$$$$$$ to the program....

i agree, covington is the benchmark for the new district 7, however, haywood, dyersburg, obion cnty and crockett county will have a say in who will be next years champs........

remember, haywood only beat a young dyersburg team 15-0 this year, and haywood beat covington.... covington has good talent returning......haywood will be rebuilding, but has some good talent to rebuild with.....

crockett county returns just about everyone next year......and obion county should be better next fall.....

you have 6 teams in the new region that made the playoffs this year in the current region.....that tells the story of just how tuff the new region will be...

i know that there is some fans over in east tennessee that would disagree, but I think that the new region 7AAA is the toughest region, from top to bottom, in the state…..

i don't think 6-3a is a joke.  i don't think it is as strong as region 7 but thats the way it goes. 

i look for liberty to be a force in this district next year, maybe even winning the district. 

i wish that fayette-ware would have been moved to region 8 with the 5 memphis teams.  that would have made sense and balanced out the regions numbers a little bit better.  then crockett could have stayed where they were. 

crockett county will be tough the next several years, and will certainly be battle tested come playoff time.

what would you rather watch crockett-covington, crockett-haywood, crockett-dyersburg or crockett-fayette ware or chester county?

i think the new district will be exciting, way more exciting than some of the blowouts we have had in the past.  give it a chance cavcav, i think it will be fun. and we don't have to listen to bulldog69 anymore as an added bonus.

825435361[/snapback]

I didn't say that the new region 7 was bad. It will be fun and competetive. I just think that the #4 team in that region will be as good as the #1 team from the new region 6. Making region 6 a joke. In my opinion. Bolivar had a vote, and got us out of there region. Congrats to them!